Just from what you guys have created so far I can tell this is going to be a great game. I also LOVE that you guys are actively listening to your community and actually taking feed back from us and tweaking accordingly, just wanted to express my gratitude you don't see that a lot in the gaming industry :D. So anyway I am just going to brain dump whats on my mind so forgive me if I touch on topics that previous postings might have covered.

-Project Reality-

I have played Project Reality and still do and it is the reason I bought Squad hearing it is the spiritual successor. Some things that I noticed that are different besides the obvious.

• When you get shot or shoot a player they can stop the bleeding with one patch. In PR it took multiple patches too heal or a medic and I liked that. Knowing when you hit someone that they are messed up and require more than a patch the medic or they are going to bleed out. It also encourages people to stay with the squad instead going out by them self and being a lone wolf. 
  • Little balance and a focus on realism. In PR you have the USMC and other major factions have optics on all of their guns vs insurgents with iron sights with an exception of the marksmen. Also major faction's would have thermals and better armor and the rebels would have old outdated equipment. I loved that it forced certain factions to play very conservatively and set up ambushes and use IED's. :ph34r:
  • Also unique weapons, I liked that some factions would have suppressed rifles and shotguns and some factions would not just things like that adds a little flavor to the game.
  • Next is bullet deviation, (I am assuming that bullet deviation is suppose to simulate heavy breathing or something along those lines) in PR you have to sit or stand still for a couple seconds for your shots to be accurate. Again I like that, it prolongs firefights and makes for some epic shootouts with bullets flying all around you. I saw a post by ZiGreen along these lines concerning shooting mechanics and it is a very comprehensive post and I agree with most of his suggestions ill link it here-Animations-
  • Squad has some of the best gun animations I have ever seen in a game they are seriously good. I was wondering if the soldiers will revive the same level of detail? For instance in battlefield when you shoot your characters face will scowl and when a grenade explodes he will react to it buy putting his left had up to cover his face. Right now the soldier animations seem very stiff and robotic I am sure that they will change with time and become more fluid. I was just wondering what you guys got planned for us on that front?
  • Getting shot should in my opinion should sometimes make your guy stumble or flinch something along those lines would be neat.
  • Wounded animations. It would be really cool if when you got downed "wounded" that after you rag doll that your guy would wiggle or squirm on the ground and make  groaning or grunting noises. This could also help medics find people who are wounded and be a neat touch to the game. Red Orchestra has animations similar to what I am talking about.
  • Resting/walking pose. The walking pose in squad just dose not seem right to me, it might just be me being a picky bastard. I liked the PR walking/jogging animations where the gun would be at you side instead of always being at the ready. Also that way you could see when people were aiming down their sites.                                  -Example picture-                    2753611-russian_kits_1.jpg

-Damage-

• Another thing I think would be good is that when a player gets shot in the head they can not be picked-up again as in that they are dead and have to re-spawn. Depending how in depth you guy plan on going with the hit box you could make the helmet livable and people who get shot in the helmet could get picked up.
  • Also is body armor going to be a thing and if it is how is it going to work? It would definitely be a cool addition too the game.
  • I'm not sure about this one but perhaps if you are inside a certain radius of a grenade that it would kill you not just down you.
  • And last of all going off of my "wounded animations" suggestion if that is implemented when someone is wounded and waiting for the medic. If an enemy comes across them they can shoot and kill them preventing the revive. Its more realistic and a way to make sure the area is clear.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Edited by Dr.Stone

I agree completely with the Patching, Body Armor and Balancing bit, IIRC the dev's do have a lot of the things you've mentioned with the animation overhaul. 

Edited by LMR Sahara

Welcome to the board with my part also, there is ever too much PR folks here to arque with. ;)

Anyways, many of those things listed are explained in the history of the project. I take one example the walking animation with rised weapon as a only pose. It is mainly because of the diffent technical aproach about your vision compared to PR, but I also agree it is annoying that they have always rised weapon, but on the other hand systems are WIP and I'm sure devs get some clever mechanic to get variation to that.

Hello,

Dr. Stone is absolutely right, I am not always in front of the system. I play the Game when I am free from my schedule, I would like recommend if this game can be taken to next level which would be an Android platform. There are endless game on Android O/s but I want to continue with my own profile with switching devices, I want to continue with the Game it's when I am doing nothing in my office.

Jammy | Sr. Tech Support

https://www.cloudappsportal.com 

2 minutes ago, Jammy Smith said:

Hello,

Dr. Stone is absolutely right, I am not always in front of the system. I play the Game when I am free from my schedule, I would like recommend if this game can be taken to next level which would be an Android platform. There are endless game on Android O/s but I want to continue with my own profile with switching devices, I want to continue with the Game it's when I am doing nothing in my office.

Jammy | Sr. Tech Support

https://www.cloudappsportal.com 

What part of this game would ever work on Android? 

Troll level 999999999

Just now, Major Trouble said:

The map.

Interactive? Commander role like BF?

Just now, BLITZA said:

Interactive? Commander role like BF?

Don't think I'd want it as it'd be like having a mini map but it's a part of the game that could work on Android.

Just now, Major Trouble said:

Don't think I'd want it as it'd be like having a mini map but it's a part of the game that could work on Android.

I would like to stay away from any kind of "mobile" functionality for this game. Aims towards the more casual player, which I don't think the devs should do.

why you guys are replying to a spambot or blatant advertiser is beyond me... wtf community.

Edited by trotskygrad

Just now, trotskygrad said:

why you guys are replying to a spambot or blatant advertiser is beyond me... wtf community.

It is subliminal desire to play Squad coop.

Welcome OP!  I'm going to address each topic with my opinions as I see them having played BF, CoD, PR, Insurgency, etc.

1.  I disagree with the multiple medic patch idea.  Right now one patch will stop you bleeding out unless you've been damaged too badly.  Your hit points do not recover so you are still wounded.  That's incentive enough not to go out "lonewolfing" or staying with your squad.  

2.  This already exists.  Insurgents do not have optics.  IEDs are on the way.  

3.  Shotguns are in the works if I'm not mistaken.  There are some pics of the skins floating around the forum some where.

4.  Bullet deviation is fine.

5.  (Lumping all the animation points) Personally I think extra "fluff" animations are un-necessary.  Seems to Battlefield-esk.  That being said, animations are being worked on but I also believe they are low on the priority list.

6.  One shot kills to the head while realistic do nothing for gameplay or "great firefights". 

7.  I'm not sure body armor is a good thing.  Seems like it would cause imbalance to the game.  Not against it but I'd like to see what they do to balance the gameplay first.  

8.  I'm pretty sure a frag will kill you instantly.  Seems to happen to me too often.  >.<

Good post even though all os these have been talked about in other threads.

53 minutes ago, Iron said:

1.  I disagree with the multiple medic patch idea.  Right now one patch will stop you bleeding out unless you've been damaged too badly.  Your hit points do not recover so you are still wounded.  That's incentive enough not to go out "lonewolfing" or staying with your squad.  

5.  (Lumping all the animation points) Personally I think extra "fluff" animations are un-necessary.  Seems to Battlefield-esk.  That being said, animations are being worked on but I also believe they are low on the priority list.

6.  One shot kills to the head while realistic do nothing for gameplay or "great firefights". 

7.  I'm not sure body armor is a good thing.  Seems like it would cause imbalance to the game.  Not against it but I'd like to see what they do to balance the gameplay first.  

I respectfully disagree with points 1, and 5. I am also on the fence my self about head shots and body armor.

With regards to the multiple patches I have seen many people in squad much more then in PR go off by themselves. Possibly because PR has freaking huge maps but also because of the bleeding out. When you get shot you shouldn't just be able to brush it off  a bullet wound with one patch and just have your screen be a little red. There should be more of a consequence and the system PR had was perfect. But just throwing patches at the ground was kinda derpy.

With regards to point five the animations, I think extra fluff will just add to the game and make it just that much better. I mean if the PR team was allowed to mod battlefield 3 I think peoples heads would have exploded from awesomeness.

Then points 6 and 7 I can agree on to an extent, to me it depends how in depth they plan on making hit boxes. In regards to head shots one shot kills I think it would be balanced if the helmet saved you but if you got shot in the face you would be dead. Then again some factions don't have helmets that would have to be at least balanced a little with explosives or bomb cars or something.

Same with the body armor the hit box for the armor would have to be precise covering the front and the back not the sides. Also just from the top of the hips to the neck only on the torso and when you get hit your stamina would decrees and you would take damage just without bleeding. The body armor could maybe take one hit or two before it dose not work anymore, just some ideas for it.

Anyway thanks for you post and input :D

Hello Blitza,

Sorry I was just trying to share personal opinion. I didn't meant to say playing this game on Android Phone, but playing on Android based Tablet.

Jammy | Sr. Tech Support.

https://www.o365cloudexperts.com

On 4/13/2016 at 5:41 PM, BLITZA said:

What part of this game would ever work on Android? 

Troll level 999999999

The Map is sleek as it goes.

Edited by Alexander Jackson