zyco187

Need help picking new PSU

Picking up a EVGA 960 4GB FTW card today and im needing a psu to go with it. Only requirements are- it must have modular cabling and come from newegg or amazon. Also it needs 2nd 8pin cause I'm going to pick up another 960 in the future. its going in a NZXT H440.

any suggestions.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139142&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3821802&SID=imxs88a9tq0035wt00053

Why are you going to SLI 960s? And from what I read, AMD's competitor to the 960 is supposed to offer better bang for your buck.

Furthermore, you can get a used GTX970 for $230, buy EVGA, they have amazing customer support for 2nd-hand purchases.

My dad just setup a pc with a corsair psu. Caused a display-port cable burn! The new pc was wasted by that. Be aware!

Heres my build, I have the EVGA 960 SSC (2gb), I just got the 500w EVGA PSU to go along with it for $35. Works fine, no issues. Ill be honest though, I usually get only 35-55 Frames with the EVGA 960 on max settings. You're better off by getting the 970, and get a steady 55+ Frames on average. 

7IpqwmH.jpg

4f5C1xE.jpg

Edited by LMR Sahara

You won't necessarily double your frames with a 970 over a 960.

960, however, is a bad deal. It has a 128 bit bus. The 970 is nearly the same price and has a 256-bit bus and more processor cores!

Strange guys, I have the Corsair RM750 i and its very nice, the voltage are very accurate and the corsairlink feature is quite nice

Easy ;)

Seasonic.

75-125 dollar range for a quality one. (X-Series 7 year warranty) (Bronze EVO 4 year).

Don't bother with low quality psu brands, never go cheap on a psu!

Edited by MDInteractive

Agree seasonic is top 2 brand and has been for the last 10 years.

The old corsairs are also good that were just re-branded seasonics. The new corsair ive heard mixed reviews on, seem like worse QA on them.