Him.Self

Squad losing player base?

Everyone is just waiting for new updates, once vehicles come in, it is going to be hell getting into a server.

3 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

Everyone is just waiting for new updates, once vehicles come in, it is going to be hell getting into a server.

Can you be certain though?

First of all, it's 'losing' not 'loosing'. 

More importantly this topic has been discussed a thousand times, the developers don't have to "do anything" about it, it's a common occurrence - especially in games that are in such an early stage of development. I personally only play once or twice a week while I wait for vehicles and important content to be implemented, I imagine other people are doing the same. 

Please guy´s we need 100 more of these thread´s!

OP maybe use the search function before posting the next time... there are already A LOT of threads saying "the game is dying" "this is why the game is dying" "i know how game development work´s let me tell you what you have to do, because the game is dying"....

Just now, NotBrad said:

Can you be certain though?

Pretty certain. People have been making threads on steam, here and reddit about vehicles and how they cannot wait for them. So im pretty certain about that, and each update that comes out, about 1,500-2,000 people are playing Squad.

1 minute ago, TotalEclipse said:

More importantly this topic has been discussed a thousand times, the developers don't have to "do anything" about it, it's a common occurrence - especially in games that are in such an early stage of development. I personally only play once or twice a week while I wait for vehicles and important content to be implemented, I imagine other people are doing the same. 

As much as I agree with you, the "First of all, it's 'losing' not 'loosing'" really was not needed, maybe English is not his/her native language like for me and one understands what he is saying.

11 minutes ago, TotalEclipse said:

But given how long we have waited for vehicles, always hyped up on the slim chance they'll make an appearance in the next update, there is a metric fuckton of pressure for them to be good. They've banked on this for so long that they can't release a wip vehicle system any more because the community would crucify them.

Hear me out though, given how big of a deal vehicles are to everyone, if they fail to deliver a flawless system day one that will scare away a lot of players. This isn't our fault and we shouldn't be put down because of it. The devs have just made too big a point of saying how they won't release them till they are perfected, while we wait patiently and would be more happy with a broken system to troubleshoot now than a perfect system in a month or two. What's the point of EA if everything is already polished when we get it?

I will stick around no matter what, it's already been almost a full year since I made my first 5 dollar donation before the Kickstarter. And I've invested too much time and money to give up now. I got a new PC for this game and it's less playable now than it was then...

Edited by NotBrad
Added something...

Some people just like to be an ass, but that's no issue. still the game is LOSING playerbase. even in early development (which its not anymore) you should see playerbase gaining as it moves to better grounds.

600+ players is just not a lot.
I moved back to AAPG just waiting for some updates for this game. it just takes to damn long.

offtopic, I don't like using search function. for every 100 dumb questions there are more then 100 dumb people answering first. so if you have noting to say stfu.

anyone else is free to reply.

13 minutes ago, Him.Self said:

"offtopic, I don't like using search function. for every 100 dumb questions there are more then 100 dumb people answering first. so if you have noting to say stfu."

It is for a reason. So there isn't multiple threads that we have to answer over and over about the same thing.

Edited by wetblue13

Meh. Who cares? They said hundreds time that they already have the funding to release the game.

Here is a good comparison for you!

http://steamcharts.com/app/222880 - Insurgency

http://steamcharts.com/app/107410 - ArmA 3

I bought both on day one of Alpha/EA.

http://steamspy.com/app/393380      - Number of players that actually own Squad

There you go, now figure out for yourself how Squad is doing. I think it's doing pretty bad considering how much that number of owners fluctuates.

Now look at CS:GO. Steady increase. 

http://steamspy.com/app/730 - CS:GO

Proof that people think that Squad is not worth their dollar after less than two hours playtime. This actually correlates that people think Squad is either not good or not ready, meaning a huge pressure is building for vehicles because the development team delayed them for so long. The questions of why the devs delayed them and if it was the right choice to make for Squad make no difference, the numbers speak for themselves. No matter how you slice it(unless you prove me wrong) as long as this game lacks vehicles the overwhelming majority of people will not play it.

Personally, I'm waiting for optimization so my my old horse PC can get in there with the rest of you fast PCs. (AMD here)

Simple.

Other games exist. People have lives. It's not a case of looking at a chart, seeing a -% and calling it a day.. people go on and off all the time. Yesterday was my first pub game of Squad since mid Feb! I'm still here, lurking the forums and keeping an eye on updates etc but I've been busy with life and playing other games in what spare time I have! Some people are waiting for bug fixes, content updates, gameplay changes etc. Others just need a break, are busy irl or want to play other games.

I pretty much slayed myself on Black Desert Online, then played The Division and Need for Speed.. doesn't mean I'm never going to be seen on Squad again.

Chill and look through existing threads.

3 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Here is a good comparison for you!

http://steamcharts.com/app/222880 - Insurgency

http://steamcharts.com/app/107410 - ArmA 3

I bought both on day one of Alpha/EA.

http://steamspy.com/app/393380      - Number of players that actually own Squad

There you go, now figure out for yourself how Squad is doing. I think it's doing pretty bad considering how much that number of owners fluctuates.

Now look at CS:GO. Steady increase. 

http://steamspy.com/app/730 - CS:GO

Proof that people think that Squad is not worth their dollar after less than two hours playtime. This actually correlates that people think Squad is either not good or not ready, meaning a huge pressure is building for vehicles because the development team delayed them for so long. The questions of why the devs delayed them and if it was the right choice to make for Squad make no difference, the numbers speak for themselves. No matter how you slice it(unless you prove me wrong) as long as this game lacks vehicles the overwhelming majority of people will not play it.

Same thing happened with insurgency, and they bounced back. I have no doubt that Squad will do the same.

Just now, MuffriDer said:

Personally, I'm waiting for optimization so my my old horse PC can get in there with the rest of you fast PCs. (AMD here)

My AMD PC is in the top 6 processors according to Passmark(excluding xeon),  I can only play at around 40 frames with my dual 380's and my FX-9590. I know that's way better than most AMD users, and I am on Epic everything, but the game becomes downright unplayable if there is more than 3 people talking over the radio, quite literally -35 frames... It's bad. But I do still play.

3 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

My AMD PC is in the top 6 processors according to Passmark(excluding xeon),  I can only play at around 40 frames with my dual 380's and my FX-9590. I know that's way better than most AMD users, and I am on Epic everything, but the game becomes downright unplayable if there is more than 3 people talking over the radio, quite literally -35 frames... It's bad. But I do still play.

That was off topic, but it is a huge component of why Squad has lost so many players. AMD may not be 50/50 with Intel/Nvidea but they are still very common.

2 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

You probably already know it is UE4. I have a i7-2600k and I still get decent performance (Staying around 40-70 FPS). 

6 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

You probably already know it is UE4. I have a i7-2600k and I still get decent performance (Staying around 40-70 FPS). 

Ofc, but that doesn't make those players go out and rebuy the game does it? I am not saying it for my sake, I still play the game, but anyone who has less than a 9590 is drowning in their tears while trying to play. Me I am only saying I think that is also a major component of why so many players have returned the game.

You ever try to accurately compensate recoil with 10-15 frames? Not happening. So you die in cqc, and likely at range too.

I really just don't enjoy playing a game where hardware actually impacts skill ceiling. I paid like 2500+ for my rig, I expect to be able to play anything.

number 1 reason why people wouldnt be coming back to play - because the game runs with low fps for most people

people want a game that not only looks good, but runs smooth..lets face it, 20 - 30 fps just is not good enough... its enough to turn people away very quickly because you just cant play the game with any consistency,   ppl can want vehicles, i want vehicles, i want more add ones, i want improvements.. but above all else.. i want to be able to play the game properly...

I'm a moderator and I only play once every other week, to put it simply, I love squad and love the direction its going, but I'm not going to make it my main squeeze until its further in development. I can love and support a game and help test it and provide feedback without playing it 5 hours a day every day.

It doesn't mean people hate the game, it means they are playing something else while squad is in development.
Some people are waiting for optimization and some people are waiting for vehicles.
I just like to switch it up and play different genres of games instead of getting burnt out on 1.

Its not like this is H-hour or something with 16 people online on Friday night, squad will be fine and it will only get better.

Don't forget that sometimes there are other games people really want to play. 

I haven't played Squad in a month because I've been so preoccupied with playing Rainbow Six; The Division; Battlefield 2 (and Project Reality), 3, 4, and Hardline; and the DOOM beta. Just so many games I have been wanting to play. 

I'm also waiting on the vehicle update, but I can still wait patiently and play without vehicles. Years playing Battlefield and Project Reality have gotten me used to walking REALLY long distances while avoiding enemy fire, i.e. running across Silk Road from D flag to B flag (Conquest Small) or from China Spawn to A flag (Conquest Large). 

I plan on on returning to Squad within the next week.