Him.Self

Squad losing player base?

40 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

Simple.

Other games exist. People have lives. It's not a case of looking at a chart, seeing a -% and calling it a day.. people go on and off all the time. Yesterday was my first pub game of Squad since mid Feb! I'm still here, lurking the forums and keeping an eye on updates etc but I've been busy with life and playing other games in what spare time I have! Some people are waiting for bug fixes, content updates, gameplay changes etc. Others just need a break, are busy irl or want to play other games.

I pretty much slayed myself on Black Desert Online, then played The Division and Need for Speed.. doesn't mean I'm never going to be seen on Squad again.

Chill and look through existing threads.

That's my same train of thought. Only I had written it out earlier but submitted the reply later. 

Its crazy, I've been playing Americas army since its first released 13 years ago, and in the beginning playerbase was strong. now its at release 4.x and still has 2000 to 3000 players. and its free with decent graphics.

squad is really new and looks very nice, but lost a lot of players after being released for a few months.

that worries me that this game will die off.

23 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

I'm a moderator and I only play once every other week, to put it simply, I love squad and love the direction its going, but I'm not going to make it my main squeeze until its further in development. I can love and support a game and help test it and provide feedback without playing it 5 hours a day every day.

It doesn't mean people hate the game, it means they are playing something else while squad is in development.
Some people are waiting for optimization and some people are waiting for vehicles.
I just like to switch it up and play different genres of games instead of getting burnt out on 1.

Its not like this is H-hour or something with 16 people online on Friday night, squad will be fine and it will only get better.

Its what i've been doing, i only play with friends (Currently) but i usually play something else, or use Idle master and work on some maps for squad.

I personally stopped playing out of frustration because there is still no form of bullet hit reaction or slowdown when shot. People still shrug off bullets and run for cover. And I've heard others express frustration about that as well. The devs did mention that certain bullets may have increased damage in the future and that when people are shot the new animation system will cause them to flinch/slow down... So some people are just waiting on that. ...and vehicles too. But I could still play without vehicles if the infantry bullet damage mechanics were better. That's like the only thing RO2 did a great job with. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

22 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Oh not another thread about doom & gloom FFS!

Yeah...you think "Ok, it's quiet now...they got it!"...but then, the bullshit rains again xD

It's called game development not game building for a reason. It's an iterative process, you don't have a set of blueprints that you follow and in the end you have a game. Problems you dont expect come up and you need to figure out solutions, but after a while, you figure out a better solution so you go back and change it, but by changing it, you broke something else, so now you have to go fix that...
My point being, SHIT TAKES TIME!

The devs have made over 4 million. They are laughing their arses at you. They are rolling in the dough. Do you really think they are losing sleep over this? 

1 minute ago, NanoAgeWarrior said:

It's called game development not game building for a reason. It's an iterative process, you don't have a set of blueprints that you follow and in the end you have a game. Problems you dont expect come up and you need to figure out solutions, but after a while, you figure out a better solution so you go back and change it, but by changing it, you broke something else, so now you have to go fix that...
My point being, SHIT TAKES TIME!

Save your time...some of them will never get it...they like shitstorming...maybe they can't do anything against it... ^^

Yeah...you think "Ok, it's quiet now...they got it!"...but then, the bullshit rains again 

The next thing is the :" when is the next update. The end of the month is near, and there is no update. Where are the vehicles? Where is MY g3? Etc, etc

Just now, Planetgong said:

The next thing is the :" when is the next update. The end of the month is near, and there is no update. Where are the vehicles? Where is MY g3? Etc, etc

There went something wrong quoting me....

7 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Yeah...you think "Ok, it's quiet now...they got it!"...but then, the bullshit rains again xD

2 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

*Sigh* You guys can make anything into an argument 

He implied that since the devs are now millionaires, they have given up on the game. In essence, taken our money and now taking their time. But I do believe they are working. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

3 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

He implied that since the devs are now millionaires, they have given up on the game. In essence, taken our money and now taking their time. 

I know its not true! I say its not true!! I can't bring my self to believe such things.... @Spectral is... is this true?? Have you forgotten us? :'( have you taken our money and use it on hookers and stay home in your mansions??? WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US!?!?

Edited by wetblue13

3 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

I know, its not true! I say its not true!! I can bring my self to believe such things.... @Spectral is... is this true?? Have you forgotten us? :'( have you taken our money and use it on hookers and stay home in your mansions???

Do you think that it's coincidence that as soon as the millions rolled in things seemed to have halted, and updates became slower? What if they are enjoying the money? Clubbing...girls... I mean they are guys first, then game devs.. I don't know, it worries me too. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

Just now, Pvt. Lewis said:

Do you think that it's coincidence that as soon as the millions rolled in things seemed to have halted, and updates became slower? What if they are enjoying the money? Clubbing...girls... I mean they are guys first, then game devs.. I don't know it worries me too. 

Then they pull contracts to other people to finish the game they started :(( then they will leave and never be heard again as they fly away on their giant golden eagles..

1 minute ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Do you think that it's coincidence that as soon as the millions rolled in things seemed to have halted, and updates became slower? What if they are enjoying the money? Clubbing...girls... I mean they are guys first, then game devs.. I don't know, it worries me too. 

They became slower because they are not deploying the game to a small group of private testers anymore, if something breaks it affects all the steam EA players and they all lose their shit (Like they seem to be doing in this thread with tinfoil hats on)

I'm in the private QA group and for alpha 5 they must of had us test 12 different iterations before they were happy with V5.
every release now has to be super stable, its not as easy to push out GB of data every time you want to change a little bug to 150,000 people.

Peoples are so strange. They wont fastest update but they will wine for thousands of years because the game is unstable. If they have a stable product they complain about the slow progress of this one. I really not understand

58d38fcd1fd4173b0028a11d06beb247.jpg?ito

Edited by PR.IT Aragorn89

1 hour ago, Him.Self said:

Its crazy, I've been playing Americas army since its first released 13 years ago, and in the beginning playerbase was strong. now its at release 4.x and still has 2000 to 3000 players. and its free with decent graphics.

squad is really new and looks very nice, but lost a lot of players after being released for a few months.

You have provided the answer to your own worries. AA is free as well as an established game with age old roots.

Sure, you can argue PR is the roots of Squad, but it's a different game with a different identity. Squads development cycle hasn't finished and the game isn't officially at an actual "release" yet. Early Access and Alpha stage means that it's incomplete. There's no counter argument for it, it's not a finished game regardless of you paying for Early Access or not.

The game won't die off. It has a strong and committed core community that will support it for years to come as well as incoming players that are here to try it out.

This game felt very much alive in CPA when we could only fill a server or two, on weekends only with way less features and development than it has right now.

1 hour ago, Him.Self said:

You said it yourself. Its free. Thats a pretty big reason it will have more players than an early access game that costs 40$. Hell, go look on the steam forums where 20% of the threads are morons complaining about the price.

Lol @Assifuah you beat me by about 15 seconds.

Edited by PolishKruk

devs don't really want to attract new players by releasing content updates and such until AMD issues are fixed, because it might leave a bad taste in their mouth and piss off new players. That's also why there's no sales.

They've said this on reddit.

Patience is a virtue

Some people just like to be an ass.....  

offtopic, I don't like using search function. for every 100 dumb questions there are more then 100 dumb people answering first. so if you have noting to say stfu. 

I really don't want to argue, but when you act like this, what do you expect?

Im sure some of the drop off is due to the poor performance when using an AMD based system.  Should have stuck with EU3 instead of 4!!!