Royal8800

Why it is so pixelated?

Hi, look at my pics. When I played before (a few months ago) the picture was much sharper.

Even if I put 200% graphic quality it does not change anything.

927282201604112240481.jpg

353414201604112245501.jpg

705821201604112246031.jpg

The trees are the worst offenders.

AA completely OFF and res scale to 150% are the settings I use to get better crispness. Some people have had good luck using SweetFX to get better results.

Yeap!!  For a game that really doesn't look all that great, it sure sucks the life out of your PC components.  COD4 looks bettar.

14 minutes ago, digdug said:

Yeap!!  For a game that really doesn't look all that great, it sure sucks the life out of your PC components.  COD4 looks bettar.

lol

What world do you live in... Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well the problem doesn't exist with all low settings, so there is something causing it for sure. My visual fidelity is obviously much lower with all low settings, but the overall scenes are a lot more crisp than that. I tried all "epic" settings one day on the training range, and it really does turn into a blurry mess. 

We had the same problem on the previous UE4 project I worked on, it is something to do with the engine, I just don't know exactly what. I think it has to do with the way it handles HDR (but I don't think squad has that in)

It's not a problem with my config :

MSI H87-G41
i5-4670K O/C @4.0 GHz
MSI GTX 770 4Go OC
G.Skill ARES Red Series 16 Go (2 x 8 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250 Go

And as I said before, there are a few months ago, I did not have this visual problem, this is from one of the previous updates.

Look at my videos it was during the alpha 3.6 and 3.8, even if YouTube compress the videos it don't look like shit.

Edited by Royal8800

For me it looks worse in those videos because of the compression so it's hard to tell what you think looks better in these videos.

What is your TEXTURES VRAM setting ingame? On the lowest setting it halves the quality.

I tried with Sweetfx and the picture looks sharper

656210201604122212361.jpg

651693201604122215231.jpg

3 hours ago, langpascal said:

For me it looks worse in those videos because of the compression so it's hard to tell what you think looks better in these videos.

What is your TEXTURES VRAM setting ingame? On the lowest setting it halves the quality.

4GB

We shouldn't have to use external software to make the game look normal. It's the same to me and many others, all blurry past 70m, can't see shit, not even worth playing.

2 minutes ago, banOkay said:

We shouldn't have to use external software to make the game look normal. It's the same to me and many others, all blurry past 70m, can't see shit, not even worth playing.

I know... and if any devs can answer it would be cool.

Edited by Royal8800

I also agree that the game looks pixely. It wouldn't bother me too much if it wasn't such a problem for seeing enemies. I don't want to use a 3rd party software, run borderless, and so on, to get a sharp picture. I run almost all epic with 120% res scale. :(

I would sacrifice frames for sharpness.

20 hours ago, Rexolaboy said:

Try running the game in borderless windowed. Fixed it for me.

I always play in borderless.

Unfortunately, some of us can't use windowed because we have X-Fire setups. So what then? Isn't sweetfx an Nvidea thing too?

My picture is very pixelated too. I'm running decent high settings. I haven't tried any external programs to fix it cuz I already get only 40-60fps. I'll try some of the in-game settings mentioned. But it is very distracting and aggravating for a game that's supposed to look beautiful.