On 26/04/2016 at 4:13 AM, El Duderino said:

Well...this MB was just an example. But I'm asking me, why you buy a GTX 980ti and don't have a gaming MB. It's almost you build a V8 with 500hp in a compact car and doesn't change the chassis suspension ^^

No, I don't have any RAM for you. Just google for it and check out some tests and so on. It also depends which MB you buy (for e.g. if you want to buy a MB, google for which RAM works good with this MB.

the vast majority of "Gaming Boards" are simply boards that have access to nicer overclocking, extra Bling, generally have more card slots and some pointless I/O's that only seroius overclockers/benchtesters will ever really use, and they come with a premium price tag and rather little in the way of advantage over "normal" boards using the same chipset.. the chipset and how it is implimented is more important - there have been some very ho-hum "gaming" boards over the years.

On 27.4.2016 at 1:07 AM, LaughingJack said:

the vast majority of "Gaming Boards" are simply boards that have access to nicer overclocking, extra Bling, generally have more card slots and some pointless I/O's that only seroius overclockers/benchtesters will ever really use, and they come with a premium price tag and rather little in the way of advantage over "normal" boards using the same chipset.. the chipset and how it is implimented is more important - there have been some very ho-hum "gaming" boards over the years.

I don't go conform with that. Gaming mainboards are designed for higher load (stress). In other words: they are more robust then average boards. If you buy the latest and fastest i5 CPU and a very fast GPU....well..then I think you want to get the best out of your system. With a mainboard designed for an average PC it will be hard to achieve.

thats fine, your opinion. many non-gaming bords actually come with build and quality features that are close to or nearly identical to, "gaming" boards. the main differences are, generally, as ive stated above, previously. i chose a non-gaming version of my mobo which works just fine thanks, because i did not need all the overclocking features or voltage-out headers or multiple pcie slots i will never use, or the fancy heatsinks with coulourful logos emblazoned upon them.

i guess my point was that blithely stating that 'if you choose a high-end gfx card, you must use a "gaming"board' - is a rididculous thing to tell somebody.

if you are trying to push the bleeding edge of performance (and the e-peen-value), of course i may agree with you.

but if you think that simply buying  "branded" "ultra" "high-end" "special" ("gaming") products will net you the best outcome?. . .  O.o

Hows the FPS and general performance with version 6 with the 980ti? Not had the chance to play yet (the sun has actually been out for quite a while now in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!)