Reinstall your OS and if you have any additional problems than come back and ask for more help!

I hope you won't shy away from sharing your future problems with us.

We love to provide useful information!

33 minutes ago, wingman9 said:

You need more RAM homie. RAM loads the functions before your CPU computes the functions. Your RAM can't load enough data to keep pace with your CPU. but I already know you're going to buy more RAM.

He does indeed need another 8GB ram stick for Dual-Channel Memory and will soon meet the newer upcoming 16GB standard. Although... It will not be the key solution to his current FPS problems or the key to way more FPS and should only provide up to 4-7% Perf. Boost.

25 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Alright, Fine. I'll play nice. But just saying, if somebody gotta be toxic just unleash it in a pub CS deathmatch or a twitch stream like the rest of us.

NOTBRAD.

YOU MUST BE KIND AND FAIR ALWAYS!

KINDNESS IS THE ONLY TRUE PATHWAY.

KNEEL AND PRAISE THE MOON!

Edited by Ingram
Kindness... has won! *Format/Post-ReAr**

19 minutes ago, Ingram said:

NOTBRAD.

YOU MUST BE KIND AND FAIR ALWAYS!

KINDNESS IS THE ONLY TRUE PATHWAY.

KNEEL AND PRAISE THE MOON!

Well, I try.

Also, did you start a new account?

Could've sworn there was an Ingram with more posts than that.

Are you the Ingram of old? Or am I insane?

1 hour ago, Ingram said:

Then why is he upgrading the components of his system if he has no clue what he's doing and apparently didn't do any basic homework my 9 year old cousin could do?

You don't replace the wheels of your car without informing yourself before how it works either.

6 hours ago, Orchy5 said:

100% agree with fresh windows install first. 

I upgraded an AMD 8320 to an Intel 6700k and didn't get any improvement until I did a fresh install. Worked wonders.

Did you run windows sysprep before you swapped motherboards??

On 4/10/2016 at 10:28 AM, Dundish said:

When you installed your new components did you reinstall windows? Drivers up to date?

On 4/10/2016 at 10:29 AM, ll KING ll said:

no i haven't . GPU is up to date tho . 

This is what I saw on page 1 that makes me think he needs to go back an do a fresh install of Windows. It's news to me that you can actually get away with upgrading your mobo and not have to do it anymore. Windows has come a long way with sorting itself out but that shouldn't be happening, especially if people expect their machine to run happily.

2 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

This is what I saw on page 1 that makes me think he needs to go back an do a fresh install of Windows. It's news to me that you can actually get away with upgrading your mobo and not have to do it anymore. Windows has come a long way with sorting itself out but that shouldn't be happening, especially if people expect their machine to run happily.

Did you run windows sysprep before you swapped motherboards?? This is designed by Microsoft specifically for "porting" your current install to new hardware.

It basically replaces all drivers with windows drivers like when you first install the OS when building new system.  Then it asks you to install all your drivers for your hardware.  No need to do complete reinstall.

5 hours ago, Irish_rangers said:

three pages later, recommendation to reinstall windows...

Why post this topic without doing these steps first dude

Run windows sysprep, shut down , start and install mobo drivers etc.

3 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Did you run windows sysprep before you swapped motherboards?? This is designed by Microsoft specifically for "porting" your current install to new hardware.

It basically replaces all drivers with windows drivers like when you first install the OS when building new system.  Then it asks you to install all your drivers for your hardware.  No need to do complete reinstall.

Nope never heard of it (wouldn't trust it anyway). Always bunged in the OS disc and done it oldschool, marveling at how much faster the PC is than the previous build. 

5 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Run windows sysprep, shut down , start and install mobo drivers etc.

But he's got a SSD sitting idle. This is exactly the time to start using it.

Just now, Major Trouble said:

Nope never heard of it (wouldn't trust it anyway). Always bunged in the OS disc and done it oldschool, marveling at how much faster the PC is than the previous build. 

Sysprep is specifically for hardware replacement!!  It removes ALL non windows drivers etc (mobo, gpu etc) and replaces them with the Windows default drivers same as when you do a fresh install.  Then you shut down PC and replace your hardware (motherboard, cpu etc).  Powerup and windows goes into fresh install mode just like when you do a fresh install, exact same thing just all your software is still installed.  You install your new mobo drivers etc , video driver and so on.

No need to wipe out drive to do clean install.  Read up on it.  I wish I new about this sysprep couple years ago. would have saved me a lot of trouble reinstalling all my programs.

Just now, Oldschool61 said:

Sysprep is specifically for hardware replacement!!  It removes ALL non windows drivers etc (mobo, gpu etc) and replaces them with the Windows default drivers same as when you do a fresh install.  Then you shut down PC and replace your hardware (motherboard, cpu etc).  Powerup and windows goes into fresh install mode just like when you do a fresh install, exact same thing just all your software is still installed.  You install your new mobo drivers etc , video driver and so on.

No need to wipe out drive to do clean install.  Read up on it.  I wish I new about this sysprep couple years ago. would have saved me a lot of trouble reinstalling all my programs.

I did go and check it out and I do agree it can save a lot of time. However over the life of your current build you accumulate a lot of debris from install/uninstall etc. It used to be the case where people use to install Windows every year as a bit of a 'spring clean' because their machine had slowed down so much. Now we have utilities like CCleaner the need to 'spring clean' is greatly reduced. Even so I bet I can find lots of debris in the form of files, folders and registry entries all the wonderful utilities still leave behind. Take off and nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to sure.......sorry, clean install.

Then why is he upgrading the components of his system if he has no clue what he's doing and apparently didn't do any basic homework my 9 year old cousin could do?

You don't replace the wheels of your car without informing yourself before how it works either.

May be he wants to learn how to do it.

Learning By doing.

Theory sucks^^

Make sure you have your GPU in the right PCI slot! If you do not, your motherboard will give you low bandwith to your GPU! 

my thread. I had a problem with my GPU being in the wrong PCI Slot but fixed it to the correct one. (My GPU lock broke off on the correct one, but i fixed it).

Edited by wetblue13

Make sure you have your GPU in the right PCI slot! If you do not, your motherboard will give you low bandwith to your GPU! 

my thread. I had a problem with my GPU being in the wrong PCI Slot but fixed it to the correct one. (My GPU lock broke off on the correct one, but i fixed it).

Read the whole topic we already dicussed about it couple of Pages before.

We all should be silent now and wait for a responses from the OP. There is much input to read for him. :-)

4 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

Did you run windows sysprep before you swapped motherboards??

Nope. I'm sure there is such better ways of achieving the same result, just saying a fresh install worked for me.

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

I did go and check it out and I do agree it can save a lot of time. However over the life of your current build you accumulate a lot of debris from install/uninstall etc. It used to be the case where people use to install Windows every year as a bit of a 'spring clean' because their machine had slowed down so much. Now we have utilities like CCleaner the need to 'spring clean' is greatly reduced. Even so I bet I can find lots of debris in the form of files, folders and registry entries all the wonderful utilities still leave behind. Take off and nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to sure.......sorry, clean install.

That's your paranoia.  Delete registry entries/folder from old programs after uninstalling.  Delete saved files etc.  Get a cheap registry cleaner if your not comfortable working with your registry.  Point is windows sysprep was made specifically for hardware changes like swapping motherboards etc.

2 minutes ago, Orchy5 said:

Nope. I'm sure there is such better ways of achieving the same result, just saying a fresh install worked for me.

Sysprep does the same thing just keeps all your programs installed.

42 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Sysprep does the same thing just keeps all your programs installed.

Will remember that for next time, thanks!

Oldschool very nice advice from you but fresh reinstall would be the best. OP still has a SSD lying around so you would really want to use that too.

OP could do Sysprep and would definitely keep his Windows activated. Probably does the trick with the software issues, but if it was my system id go for fresh install on this awesome SSD regardless. SSD speed is something i dont want to miss. Why somebody would buy one and not build it in right away is confusing my brainz. All of them.

Also if performance still isnt at its full potential you will definitely have to wipe the system anyway to make 100% sure software is not the issue, what i still doubt.

ALSO LETS WAIT FOR OP HE ALREADY HAS TO READ A WHOLE NOVEL.

Edited by Headless86

1 hour ago, Oldschool61 said:

That's your paranoia.  Delete registry entries/folder from old programs after uninstalling.  Delete saved files etc.  Get a cheap registry cleaner if your not comfortable working with your registry.  Point is windows sysprep was made specifically for hardware changes like swapping motherboards etc.

Some may say it's paranoia but I say I don't want that dang shite hanging around messing up my new build. SSD storage space is precious. Your drive will be littered with stuff you don't need after a while no matter how many hours you spend chasing it down. I am only to happy to get down into cleaning up the registry but getting it all is virtually impossible. There is nothing quite so nice as getting into a bed with clean sheets.

Now if my machine was a just few months old and i changed mobo I'd probably try the sysprep route no you lot have opened my eyes to its existence. The op here though went from Win7, upgraded to Win10 and then swapped out hardware. Only Bill knows want crap was dragged along the with the upgrades. 

absolutely amazing . love this community . thank you all so very much for taking as much time as you did to help some random guy on the internet . i have up and wiped my pc clean . on windows 7 rn but gonna go back to 10 .  knowing what i know now it was probably left over amd drivers for sure .  i needed a clean wipe anyway for real .  my 1tb HDD  was almost full but idk what with so whatever . 

AGAIN! thank you all so very much . im sorry for such a late resoucne i fixed this like a week ago . i forgot to update you guys im sorry . 

Edited by ll KING ll

5 hours ago, ll KING ll said:

absolutely amazing . love this community . thank you all so very much for taking as much time as you did to help some random guy on the internet . i have up and wiped my pc clean . on windows 7 rn but gonna go back to 10 .  knowing what i know now it was probably left over amd drivers for sure .  i needed a clean wipe anyway for real .  my 1tb HDD  was almost full but idk what with so whatever . 

AGAIN! thank you all so very much . im sorry for such a late resoucne i fixed this like a week ago . i forgot to update you guys im sorry . 

Glad you sorted it. Thanks for taking time out from playing Squad to post so others know how your problem was solved.

On 4/11/2016 at 11:36 AM, El Duderino said:

This MB is not the best for gaming PC including a GTX 980ti beast. So you should also consider (before buying  RAM) to buy a gaming mainboard which supports DDR4 RAM with higher frequencies. Your mainboard supports max. 1866 MHz RAM....

For e.g. this board: https://de.msi.com/Motherboard/Z170A-KRAIT-GAMING.html#hero-specification

It supports DDR4 memory up to 3600MHz (overclocked)....you don't need that I'd think, but about 2400MHz memory would be good.

It makes no sense to buy a GTX 980ti and insert it on a board on which it can't deploy it's full potential. Even a GTX970 would be overpowered on your current mainboard I guess.

Your CPU, GPU and PSU are good. Mainboard and RAM needs to be upgraded.

Edit: sorry, this link would be better for you I think ^^ https://msi.com/Motherboard/Z170A-KRAIT-GAMING.html#hero-overview

aslong you can't understand german :D

i dont get paid alot of money so saved money where i could . ill get this mb when i can for sure tho . got any ram u recommend ? 

1 hour ago, ll KING ll said:

i dont get paid alot of money so saved money where i could . ill get this mb when i can for sure tho . got any ram u recommend ? 

Well...this MB was just an example. But I'm asking me, why you buy a GTX 980ti and don't have a gaming MB. It's almost you build a V8 with 500hp in a compact car and doesn't change the chassis suspension ^^

No, I don't have any RAM for you. Just google for it and check out some tests and so on. It also depends which MB you buy (for e.g. if you want to buy a MB, google for which RAM works good with this MB.

Edited by El Duderino