The update to the newer win10 version will imply a fully installation of windows 10, but your files will be kept (if you check the right option). What is the spec of your old RAM card? Maybe it's to low for a high end gaming machine and therefore the score is low.

But first: post the screenshot of your device manager -> graphics adapter section!

12 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Youre Windows 10 is outdated. Latest build is 10586 (you have 10240). You should also consider to update it.

Check here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

ok well i just checked and my windows says im up to date however it also says it needs to be activated but i dont think it will let me cuz i changed my motherbaord . i use the free upgrade so :l  

1 minute ago, ll KING ll said:

ok well i just checked and my windows says im up to date however it also says it needs to be activated but i dont think it will let me cuz i changed my motherbaord . i use the free upgrade so :l  

Just go ahead and activate Windows. The fact you've updated your MB shouldn't disqualify you from the Win10 upgrade. I am not sure but they might still allow phone activation if you can't do it through the normal means. What's the worst case anyway? Unactivated Windows? Exactly where you are now. 

12 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Just go ahead and activate Windows. The fact you've updated your MB shouldn't disqualify you from the Win10 upgrade. I am not sure but they might still allow phone activation if you can't do it through the normal means. What's the worst case anyway? Unactivated Windows? Exactly where you are now. 

what do you mean where am i at now ? like progress ? same . nothing has changed . still playing at 20-30 fps after $1000 spent :(

3 minutes ago, ll KING ll said:

what do you mean where am i at now ? like progress ? same . nothing has changed . still playing at 20-30 fps after $1000 spent :(

If you successfully activate Windows you can then take advantage of any updates that might cure your performance problem. 

12 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

on the Microsoft website it says changing motherboard can cause your windows to not be genuine :( wtf 

You should be having 100+ fps on all epic with that card. I have a r9 280 and play at 4k with 40fps still.

Really makes me wonder. . 

Insane don't even know how that is possible on a 980ti!

Few reasons come to mind.

maybe os need clean install?

psu is connected well to card? decent quality?

Onboard graphics are set to on..

power savings settings are to low performance? 

ram related? hard to imagine such cap fps 

Things like that, you should check your cpu and gpu usage when playing squad and tell us that.

Need actual insights and statistics. What psu you buy?

MD

Edited by MDInteractive

12 hours ago, MDInteractive said:

You should be having 100+ fps on all epic with that card. I have a r9 280 and play at 4k with 40fps still.

Really makes me wonder. . 

Insane don't even know how that is possible on a 980ti!

Few reasons come to mind.

1. You didn't put the 980ti in the right PCI slot...

2. Cheap low quality psu...

3. Onboard graphics are set to on..

4. Gpu and cpu are set on power saving...

Driver related? Hard to think so.

Not many things can bottleneck your system.

MD

http://www.amazon.com/ASRock-Motherboard-B150-PRO4-D3/dp/B016KOJX84?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

thats the motherB i got . it was a cheaper option yes but i switched between bot slots and nothing changed . the other one is to close to my power supply anyway and would make my card stupid hot so thats not even an option . 

Someone else also reported having low FPS, the issue was he only had 1 stick of 8GB ram and at a low frequency.

12 hours ago, LevelPulse said:

Someone else also reported having low FPS, the issue was he only had 1 stick of 8GB ram and at a low frequency.

link ?

can that really bottleneck a 980 ti to half preference ? 

7 minutes ago, ll KING ll said:

http://www.amazon.com/ASRock-Motherboard-B150-PRO4-D3/dp/B016KOJX84?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

thats the motherB i got . it was a cheaper option yes but i switched between bot slots and nothing changed . the other one is to close to my power supply anyway and would make my card stupid hot so thats not even an option . 

" Slots: 2x PCI-Express 3.0 x16(one runs at x4), 

You have put the 980ti in your motherboards x16 PCI-E slot and not in the x4 one?

You only have one x16 slot to my understanding and looking at your mobo?

So there is only one choice that is right the other ones will bottleneck to x4.

Also added additional power to x16?

This looks like you are running that 980ti in a x4 to me, which cuts your performance in half.

Edited by MDInteractive

" Slots: 2x PCI-Express 3.0 x16(one runs at x4), 

You have put the 980ti in your motherboards x16 PCI-E slot and not in the x4 one?

You only have one x16 slot to my understanding and looking at your mobo?

So there is only one choice that is right the other ones will bottleneck to x4.

Also added additional power to x16?

how do i know which is which ?

49 minutes ago, ll KING ll said:

how do i know which is which ?

You need to put your gpu in the first PCI-E express slot, closest to your cpu to run in x16

To my best understanding on your motherboard can ask around!

Edited by MDInteractive

Just now, ll KING ll said:

nope its as close to the CPU as possible :( 

Play squad and monitor your temps, cpu and gpu usage tell us that. 

What is your psu? So you have the card in the x16 slot 100 percent sure?

Play squad and monitor your temps, cpu and gpu usage tell us that. 

What is your psu? So you have the card in the x16 slot 100 percent sure?

ok 1 sec . ill do that now 

Well i asked a bit about that board and seems both slots are x16 anyways so there is not your bottleneck oddly. If everything is connected well. 

All settings set to max performance in your power settings (windows power management). 

Best thing now is to totally re-install windows and clean install of all drivers like people said above and see if that helps cause you say it was a updated system maybe the os is just screwed... Hard to say make sure you backup most important stuffs :) 

See what happens then... probably it will help anyways.

Edited by MDInteractive

ok so i couldnt figure out howto add a screenshot but here it my findings 

power % it averaged 76

temp% 65 flat 

now cpu usage did go up and down threwout a game . it could be anywhere between 65% to 85%  idk if thats normal or bad idk 

FB usage 27% idk what this is . im still a newb so :L 

i was using msi afterbruner to to find all this 

13 hours ago, El Duderino said:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-CX750M-Modular-Certified/dp/B00ALK3KEM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

this is the PS i got . are u trying to say this wont cut it ? all the slots on the card are plugged in so...

U should use not the closest pci-e slot to cpu, use the big one below the closest to cpu marked with pcie2.

Also Check your dxdiag it tells you how your GPU is connected.

29 minutes ago, Jaghammer said:

U should use not the closest pci-e slot to cpu, use the big one below the closest to cpu marked with pcie2.

Also Check your dxdiag it tells you how your GPU is connected.

This depends on the MoBo he has. Check it in the manual for your Mainboard if it's not clear.

Edit: which mainboard do you have? Check the manual how to access the BIOS and where to find the RAM specs and settings.

Edited by El Duderino