Sign in to follow this  
elerik

AAS First flag idea

i just got this idea while I looked at OP first Light. 

could be interesting add one Shared Special flag will be same for Both team immediately from beginning. I5 area the village at east. 

http://www.airpressuretendency.net/fcsquad/squadmaps/forest_minimap/forest_minimap.html

Everything else stay like it is now. 

Key point is. This special flag (East village) Is whole game active. If you cap any other flag, status of this special flag is not changed. Team have to hold this flag until the end of game. Lossing of this flag is more than -20 ticket it could be -40 ticket. Because its valuable place. Its control above train depot, village and crossroad. + One advance for militia. If they hold this flag...there is at  N train wreck available spawn point which simulate incoming reinforce by train.

Current main base is more less "checkpoint" and its spawn limited (9 spawns) after that disappear. Main base is situated more N from castle at edge. Castle simulate observation post and little fortification advance for militia. 

Example story behind that. 

US tried surprise attack to take control above trains and village and cut of supply resource route for militia. But closed checkpoint allow militia to react fast enough and try stabilize situation. They take control above south depot and continue push to village. But they know that most of current resources are situated at supply depot which are W from train track. They push parallely to South village and continue to take control above supply at storages but whole time militia trying to take control back above train track and village. 

Both side know that if they lost both control points it means problems and retrieve. 

This is just example that its not necessary create just parallel flag chain (like Chora AAS1 or Loghar) but could be interesting have one parallel Valuable area to capture and hold whole game

Edited by elerik

Let's see, how to dilute the players in game even further.... I know! Let's have three objectives open at any one time!

While we're on the subject, I haven't figured out why we need to cap the first couple of caps out of the main base when half of the strategy in the game currently is for both sides to race for the caps in the middle. If those are the only ones active, isn't the assumption that we already control the ones behind us? It's just busy work to leave a guy behind at each cap while everyone moves up and a waste of time.

1 hour ago, LugNut said:

isn't the assumption that we already control the ones behind us? It's just busy work to leave a guy behind at each cap while everyone moves up and a waste of time.

I have the same feeling about it. Especially on these small maps with no logistics, it seems silly to have to put one guy on the cap just to say we "own" it. Maybe if the first flag(s) only took 5 seconds to cap, it would be okay.

They should just be already capped, that would free up the team to immediately head off on their chosen strategy, good or bad.

8 hours ago, LugNut said:

Let's see, how to dilute the players in game even further.... I know! Let's have three objectives open at any one time!

While we're on the subject, I haven't figured out why we need to cap the first couple of caps out of the main base when half of the strategy in the game currently is for both sides to race for the caps in the middle. If those are the only ones active, isn't the assumption that we already control the ones behind us? It's just busy work to leave a guy behind at each cap while everyone moves up and a waste of time.

I know what you mean, but when logistics finaly hit this will make total sense, I know that this sentence is a bit meh and silly... but yeah here I go... Did you ever play PR? Capping the flags and then securing them is a big part of the game and I guess It will be in Squad as well.

But I myself can´t really say much about the current situation in Squad because I am still waiting for the performance updates because of my old AMD CPU.... :/ (I do not play a lot at the moment, this is not meant as a flame)

16 hours ago, koschilein said:

I know what you mean, but when logistics finaly hit this will make total sense, I know that this sentence is a bit meh and silly... but yeah here I go... Did you ever play PR? Capping the flags and then securing them is a big part of the game and I guess It will be in Squad as well.

But I myself can´t really say much about the current situation in Squad because I am still waiting for the performance updates because of my old AMD CPU.... :/ (I do not play a lot at the moment, this is not meant as a flame)

I understand that and I'm not that worried since it's early and all, but I don't see the logic of having to cap territory you already own. I can see fortifying it possibly, but the front lines are way over yonder at the start of the match, so what's the point? Once logistics are in, wouldn't they be busy doing initial transports and then building the first fobs?

In PR it is rather common for one Squad to rush to the enemy's first uncapped flag right at the start of the round so as to keep them from capping it, while the rest of the team captures the other flags, but this tactic depends on vehicles and some stealth action, and when done correctly it can really hold the entire enemy team back for a good while. That's one reason for not having flags capped from the start, but it may also depend on what the mapper wants for a specific layout. It's up to the players to use their heads and come up with better tactics to win using whatever is available.