Skor

Squadfrance.fr servers

Hi all, soon we will post our report regarding the servers running under the 5.1 version.

Wow :(

Hi cKy,

The time to have the feedback from the players and admins maybe ? We are having a meeting now to gather everything.

not something personal..

just a thread like that.."prepare yourself" seems a bit ..well you understand.

good luck with your server man!

Yes I understand what you mean. Was just saying that we didn't forget to report, that we are working on it. A kind of courtesy post if you want :)

OK we reviewed quite a lot of players opinions (around 200). Despite all the Client side problems, or OS or Graphic Cards problems, etc. Here are the major problems to solve :

On every servers :

1. Change map (1/4) results in a frozen map without any spawn point or any flag. Players have to quit and reconnect ;

2. Change map (1/4) results in a frozen black screen. Players have to quit and reconnect ;

We think that having an early access to the servers files (first versions of dedicated servers), some of the files didn't update correctly. We did a fresh re installation using Steam Install. We separated config files and binary files and made a backup of the config files before re installing. We are actually observing if it solved the Problem. For now it seems to be OK ; 

3. FPS are somehow falling down for 5 to 10 seconds randomly ;

4. Some of the allies weapons are not visible.

5. Some confirmation messages are not displayed when you kick an aggressive player or cheater.   

Overall, the servers are stable, fluid and comfortable to play. Good job guys.

Edited by Skor
More information

Hi. Just to let you know that we are testing :

Dedicated Server

OVH 64G I7 OC SSD RAID 0 for one month now.

Windows 10 with Remote Access Connection.

It's perfect, the tick rate is phenomenal, and the perfs are improved in general. Very stable. Only good news.

Hi, just to let you know that the RCON Battlemetrics doesn't work anymore since the 9.5

Servers are running OK for now.

When the server reach 15 players RCON can no longer pool them.

Edited by Skor

Hi guys, let me tell my experience from squadfrance.fr. I am redAndrea, member of italian clan EI (Esercito Italiano). Lots of players come from PR and we always try to play with other squads.

3 days ago we played on this server with some clanmates. Op First light, militia, we go by feet for the first flag, while others occupy other flags. Enemy US rush our first flag, but we are able to cap it. Out SL get a ban with reason "learn to play" (???), we ask on faction chat what happened and other 3 guys gets a ban. We ask in Discord why, an admin says that there was a misunderstanding and cancel the ban.

This evening we play again in this server. Our SL at some point crash, the designed new SL was on the phone, so he gets a kick for "not answering on SL chat". I have not to mention the fact that we where defending a flag and doing no harm.

So, what is the problem with this server? Why admins behave like this? I repeat, we always try to make teamplay, we do no harm, we dont TK or troll or whatever. We try to enjoy the game with other players and coordinate with the faction. It is really hard on this server, because admin behave very erratically.

I'm writign this because I'm quite sad when I see this things happening in the community. I dont care as a player, I know some admins are not the best persons on earth, any way it's a sad example for new players.

Starting this weekend - Squadfrance will shut down servers and will stop every activities to protest against the removal of two of the licenced servers without being consulted or notified. Players sicking information will be redirected to the joinsquad forum. We are tired of the way you manage the communication. It was fun. But it is not fun anymore.

There was an announcement about this in the Squad Hosting discord buddy.

I want to remind everyone that training servers are not meant to be licensed and displayed in the main server browser. I have disabled several licenses for servers that are marked as training servers. If you find that your server license is disabled, you will need to touch base with me to get the issues resolved. Thanks.(edited) 

There was also an email sent out to the email account you have on file. But if you will but verify that all servers will be down I wil be more than happy to remove the licenses for them. Thanks.  @SquadFrance

We never received that email - not even in Spam and we have 4 different Discords so it's quite easy to join us. Server #3 was a normal server with regular people in it and we opened it to welcome Vac Ban players. Server #4 was for training but we renamed it and welcomed people in it during the free weekend.

Now if you want to remove the two last help yourself guys. Bad community management. It's our opinion.

Edited by SquadFrance

25 minutes ago, SquadFrance said:

We never received that email - not even in Spam and we have 4 different Discords so it's quite easy to join us. Server #3 was a normal server with regular people in it and we opened it to welcome Vac Ban players. Server #4 was for training but we renamed it and welcomed people in it during the free weekend.

Now if you want to remove the two last help yourself guys. Bad community management. It's our opinion.

A) It isn't my job to try and track you guys down. I made an announcement in the server hosting discord (which you guys apparently decided to ignore... on you.. not me). I am in enough Discord servers as it is and don't plan on joining anymore. 

B) If you didn't get an email, not ideal but not you would be the only one out of about 15 emails that I sent that "didn't receive it." 

C) Everyone knows I handle server licensing. If you had an issue, you should come to me rather than having a public meltdown.

Now IF you had read the announcement and the email, you would have seen that you only had to get in touch with me to correct the issues that we had to get your server situation sorted out. If you want to discuss this matter further send me a private message and we can discuss this more.

We went heavy on you we agree. But still when you want or OWI wants to talk to us, you find a way usually. So it was a bit rude to shut it down and we were surprised. You have to meet us with that. Anyway. Squadfrance #4 will be used for the french mod test so it can stays on custom. But players need the #3 back. Thx. 

Following that conversation. We talked to Odin and everything's fine. Back to normal. We will on our side try to avoid public comm regarding that kind of problems in the future. Thx.

tenor.gif?itemid=5074045

Edited by SquadFrance