Sign in to follow this  
Poverty

Potential Bug? ADS not working for a split second

Hey all, searched for this, but didn't find a post.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a bug with aiming down sights (ADS) that seems to have started since alpha 5. For me every so often when I try to ADS on a target it starts to aim and then comes right out as if you let go of RMB. At first I thought it was me somehow letting off the RMB, but there have been times when I have definitely clicked and held and it still happened. Once or twice it might be me, but it has happened to me multiple times. It has happened with different mice, and with different factions/guns. A few other players seem to have experienced this as well. However, I can't seem to recreate it on demand, at least not in firing range. I believe it tends to happen when I ADS and go to fire. I feel it happens more often after getting off the first shot? But, again I cannot reproduce it when I want to. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Here are 2 short clips I happen to capture to show what I mean.

I believe it is a bug, but it happens so sporadically and I'm not entirely sure if others have the same experience.

Edited by Poverty

It seems this comes due to lags. I had this also sometimes on full servers (70+).

Edit: I can't see a bug on your video. You mean the zoom in? If so: it only stays for some seconds. Thats 

Edited by El Duderino

5 minutes ago, Poverty said:

OP

Might also be due to your mouse doubleclicking. Happens with older mice.

2 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

It seems this comes due to lags. I had this also sometimes on full servers (70+).

This may be why I can't seem to reproduce it in firing range.

Just now, MultiSquid said:

Might also be due to your mouse doubleclicking. Happens with older mice.

I thought it might be me, but I have tired 2 different mice, and I have definitely held the RMB, not just click then hold, as the first clip shows. 

Also, it has happened now to me several times that I don't think it is a fluke.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens more than might occur due to randomness or me messing up.

1 minute ago, Poverty said:

I thought it might be me, but I have tired 2 different mice, and I have definitely held the RMB, not just click then hold, as the first clip shows. 

Also, it has happened now to me several times that I don't think it is a fluke.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens more than might occur due to randomness or me messing up.

Maybe with the new netcode this will be fixed. Let's look forward to V6.

23 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Edit: I can't see a bug on your video. You mean the zoom in? If so: it only stays for some seconds. Thats 

I know that the "focus" zoom does not hold indefinatly.  It is more obvious in the clip with the M4, when I switch targets to the man in the broken wall.  It is as if I let go of RMB and come out of ADS, but I was holding it down the entire time.  The 2nd clip with the AK, it happens right after the 1st shot, when the camera comes out of ADS for a second.  It is subtle in the AK part, but if you watch closely, it is different than say recoil from the gun as shown in the subsequent AK shots.  Again, the AK one is more subtle.

Edited by Poverty

4 minutes ago, Poverty said:

I know that the "focus" zoom does not hold indefinatly.  It is more obvious in the clip with the m4, when I switch targets to the man in the broken wall.  It is as if I let go of RMB and come out of ADS, but I was holding it down the entire time.

Is there an option for aiming like "switch aim in" or "hold RMB for aim"? Usually i only press the RMB once and it keep aimed down until i click RMB again.

1 minute ago, El Duderino said:

Is there an option for aiming like "switch aim in" or "hold RMB for aim"? Usually i only press the RMB once and it keep aimed down until i click RMB again.

Yes, I can switch to "toggle ADS" and try playing, although it happens sporadically and it will likely take some time for me to try it out, not to mention me having to train myself to ADS differently :P

1 minute ago, Poverty said:

Yes, I can switch to "toggle ADS" and try playing, although it happens sporadically and it will likely take some time for me to try it out, not to mention me having to train myself to ADS differently :P

I think it's the "old" netcode. Some animations are also weird like one takes out the shovel and shovling something up, but I see he holds his main weapon as shovel. Or medic heals you with medic pack and you see a smoke grenade in its hands.