I know it's early on but.... I can't wait to see what they/sound/look like on the unreal engine :-)

Are they even being worked on At mo?

Looking fab so far

Now devs working on motorbike ( insurgent side) and humwee (USA) side, helicopters will be later i guess. 

Yeah, can't wait to see that APC and the Techie. (Although the shield sounds weird)

I would like to know how they pretend to make the flying model too... Will it be realistic to the point of joystick and trackir are a must, will it be arcade enough to fly with a keyboard and mouse or are they aiming for a middle ground like in arma?

I would like to know how they pretend to make the flying model too... Will it be realistic to the point of joystick and trackir are a must, will it be arcade enough to fly with a keyboard and mouse or are they aiming for a middle ground like in arma?

I'm sure it would be same with PR where you can easily fly choppers with mouse and keyboard (with enough practice), but it will have realistic physics.

One of the few places where while I want to see it accessible for keyboard and mouse, I wouldn't mind advantages provided by track ir and a hotas set up.

One of the few places where while I want to see it accessible for keyboard and mouse, I wouldn't mind advantages provided by track ir and a hotas set up.

God that'd be so cool.

I think Arma 3 does helicopter handling/controls really well, they're highly accessible and keyboard and mouse friendly (default flight model), yet still slightly challenging (which makes it more rewarding and fun, and only requires a little practice) and with enough touches of realism to make it look nice. Squad should aim for something similar, and not bring back the ultra-arcadey Battlefield/ / PR heli handling where they feel like you're controlling a man in a jetpack, and everyone lands by ramming their skids into the ground at high speeds, which just looks ridiculous.

I think Arma 3 does helicopter handling/controls really well, they're highly accessible and keyboard and mouse friendly (default flight model), yet still slightly challenging (which makes it more rewarding and fun, and only requires a little practice) and with enough touches of realism to make it look nice. Squad should aim for something similar, and not bring back the ultra-arcadey Battlefield/ / PR heli handling where they feel like you're controlling a man in a jetpack, and everyone lands by ramming their skids into the ground at high speeds, which just looks ridiculous.

+1

The biggest issue with arma 3 helos is the damage model. Even Dslyecxi makes fun of it, how your heli explodes simply by touching things.

The real question will be how to balance them with this view distance.

Very good point. One of the main reasons why PR pulled off air vehicles so well was quite literally due to engine limitations with the view distance.

Most of the maps we've seen so far for Squad have a lot of vertical areas, so right off the bat any AA users will have the advantage.

Very good point. One of the main reasons why PR pulled off air vehicles so well was quite literally due to engine limitations with the view distance.

Most of the maps we've seen so far for Squad have a lot of vertical areas, so right off the bat any AA users will have the advantage.

Also a good point. Quick disclaimer, realize we are far off, just fun to discuss.

I was more thinking along the lines of Apaches and other CAS assets who are going to be able to command huge areas of the map with optics and guided munitions.

Also a good point. Quick disclaimer, realize we are far off, just fun to discuss.

I was more thinking along the lines of Apaches and other CAS assets who are going to be able to command huge areas of the map with optics and guided munitions.

Fair point, but I guess ground units carry the advantage since it's easier to hide around both natural and urban terrain. All AA kit users need is a time frame of 5 or so seconds to lock on and fire, and air targets aren't all that maneuverable. 

It will be interesting to see what they can come up with, regardless. :)

im of the idea that heli would be very balanced if they would have a motivation that force them to go back to base sometimes...so that infantry can get a bit of oxygen and play without being hammered like mouses;)just my opinion

The biggest issue with arma 3 helos is the damage model. Even Dslyecxi makes fun of it, how your heli explodes simply by touching things.

duh why did you say that,it doesnt matter, we were talking about the driving model not about physics stuff, every engine has its own physix

duh why did you say that,it doesnt matter, we were talking about the driving model not about physics stuff, every engine has its own physix

+! 

:)