Rainmaker

NetMove New Update Discussion - Better Optimization?

From the new update this is the most exciting one, lets talk about it:

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=90

"NetMove

NetMove, our generic networked movement system that we've built to support vehicle movement, is now functional. NetMove removes the heavy calculations from the clients and only requires the clients to calculate their own movement, not everyone elses as well.
So for the server and the clients you will see movement taking up less CPU. What about network? We have also optimized the network side. We group movements together, added interpolation and only send data when we need to on a client by client basis. Instead of the old system that sent data to all the clients all the time."

Does this mean it will fix (to some extent maybe?) the delay problem (in the netcode - lowtick rate problem) we get when we get killed behind cover?

What does NetMove mean for the FPS, will the game run better on our PCs overall with this change?

I also like that they are working on making soldiers with different kits recognizable now, like it is in PR. If they won't make removal of player tags a server option, maybe we can mod it and it remove it ourselves, then we could see with our eyes who is who with what kit they have.

Edited by Rainmaker

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

Does this mean it will fix (to some extent maybe?) the delay problem (in the netcode - lowtick rate problem) we get when we get killed behind cover?

Yes, hopefully.

Your going to have to wait for a Dev to answer your questions or until it's released in game to see yourself. Needless to say, but I will, the devs are trying their best to improve everything so I certainly hope Netmove will make the game experience better.

As most CPU's are under utilised presently don't expect fps gains from Netmove. However it could help prevent fps drops when things get busy. 

You'll need Roy to get a proper answer, but from what I understand (which is not much mind) in the future once 'NetMove' is implemented into the way players are networked as well as vehicles (which I believe is the plan) this should increase server side performance and FPS as it removes a lot of the strain that the current system puts on the networking of player positions and such. This along with the new animation system (which also aims to be far less network demanding) should really help to improve server side performance. But hey what do I know, i'm just your average forum lurking pleb...

This leads to the conclusion that the game will be more optimised in terms of FPS, which leads me to believe it might fix some of the "delay" issues the game is suffering from right now especially on 72 capped servers, if it runs more smoothly, am I right?

*Notice howw the right side with interpolation is more smoother in movements.

It would be nice to have a detailed answer from one of the Developers.

Cheers,
Rain

Edited by Rainmaker