Jump to content
eggman

Suicide Squads - gamey as f*ck, needs to go

Recommended Posts

Good ideas. 

 

We are certainly aware of the tactic. 

 

Limiting the ability to "give up" has certainly come up as well. that would solve a lot of gamey tactics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mumble said:

 

On huge maps, it could possibly be used to let players travel long distances in a short amount of time.

 

If I was going to do any penalty for it, make it so that you can only spawn on Main after a suicide (plus penalties). That would be the most reasonable adjustment.

 

That sounds like a good solution for suicide but people would just move to tk instead. It's a hard scenario to limit against without penalising legitimate players at the same time.

 

Edit: What if a multi tk within a time limit causes you to auto suicide and spawn at main. Simulated court martial. Would also help against griefers.

Edited by Major Trouble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mumble said:

 

On huge maps, it could possibly be used to let players travel long distances in a short amount of time.

 

If I was going to do any penalty for it, make it so that you can only spawn on Main after a suicide (plus penalties). That would be the most reasonable adjustment.

 

You could take a hammer to it and force respawn from main for a suicide *and* being the victim of a TK. Often when a TK happens you pull in a medic and apologetically revive (unless you are a douche or got wiped out, in which case you likely made some prior bad decision). The penalty for the victim of a TK would be excused if the player was revived. A perpetrator who commits a TK, and the victim does not get revived, is forced to respawn at main next time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, eggman said:

 

A perpetrator who commits a TK, and the victim does not get revived, is forced to respawn at main next time.

 

 

This could work along with the multi tk main base spawning. Not sure about punishing victims of a tk though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want more punishments for suicide, as there are fully legit reasons for needing it (Glitches, team swap, etc) and when you just blanket punish suicide you punish people who use it legit.

 

I'd wait for vehicles to come before looking in to this too hard, the problem might be a non-issue once the game is fully implemented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I distinctly remember someone on the forums arguing against my assumptions that people would misuse suicides if they're given a chance. Well, there we have it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, I_hate_usernames said:

I don't want more punishments for suicide, as there are fully legit reasons for needing it (Glitches, team swap, etc) and when you just blanket punish suicide you punish people who use it legit.

 

I'd wait for vehicles to come before looking in to this too hard, the problem might be a non-issue once the game is fully implemented.

 

Punishing by forcing suicide at main spawn will hurt those who use strategic suicides much, much more than the rare times you have to suicide legitimatly. If you're team swapping more than once in a round something is wrong and you don't need to suicide to do it.

Edited by Major Trouble
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2016 at 8:55 PM, Major Trouble said:

 

Punishing by forcing suicide at main spawn will hurt those who use strategic suicides much, much more than the rare times you have to suicide legitimatly. If you're team swapping more than once in a round something is wrong and you don't need to suicide to do it.

 

Actually, the more I think about it, the better an idea I think this is. I would like to see it trialled for a version so that we could see the effect on gameplay. I think overall it would be positive. 

Edited by Psyrus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2016 at 8:18 AM, Nate said:

Weird, there already are punishments in place for such behaviour, from tickets to longer respawn times. It's essentially just griefing and admins should deal with it accordingly.

This^

 

There's also the community. If people do this, they should be reported to an admin for penalties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate this. This is biggest immerse killer in this game. Yesterday Ive been kicked from the squad becouse I didn't want to do it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×