I would just like to make this thread in an attempt to settle an ongoing question that has spread through this forum since this wonderful project was Kickstarted;

This information is merely my own understanding of the timeline posted by the DEVs on the front pages of this website and the KS webpage, of which I would kindly like to ask a DEV or team member to confirm for all of those still unclear about the release-date information. 

• KICKSTARTER:

May 26th - June 26th - crowdfunding/no access distributed

• Closed Pre-Alpha Launch (Weekend):

July 4th & 5th/July 11th & 12th - for Ranger backers only (the earliest any keys will be distributed to pledges)

• Closed Pre-Alpha Release:

July 6th/ July 13th - for Commander, Airborne and Ranger backers only

• Closed Alpha Release:

6 - 8 weeks after Closed Pre-Alpha - for Squad Leader, Commander, Airborne, Ranger and Company Clan pack backers only

• Steam Early Access:

October/November 2015 - for anyone waiting for near or full implementation of the game

My guess on the Steam Early Access would be around September 2015, as stated by the "Estimated Delivery Dates" on the KS page.

I understand it is still too early to give any concrete information, as there will be a ton of additional content to be developed, but whatever anyone can say will be a great help.

If one of the DEVs would be so kind as to answer, clarify, confirm or even acknowledge if this information is anywhere near accurate, I feel it would put much confusion to rest for the community.

Thank you.

Looks good also very useful for people asking questions about what they have when clearly they should read the details thats written in black and white in front of them.

Should be pinned / sticky this post.

As far as i know only Ranger edition get access to the Closed Pre-Alpha launch weekend (June 27).

all other backers including Airborne is getting access to the standard closed Pre-Alpha (June 29).

This is from other thread:

Just after the kickstarter is comfirmed keys and downl9ad links will be sent out. Will be an exciting day!

I'm guessing it will be a standalone installer/launcher for the time being and then later on in the process it will be integrated into Steams Database? I know from getting into a few other games Alphas/Betas we used Steam even before the game was Early Access Available.

A lot of this depends on how much money KickStarter raises, how much time the devs have to work on it, how much they want to include in the "retail" release (it won't have all the features), and of course the things they don't know yet that they will inevitable be faced with

I work on large scale projects for a living and the less you know up front, the more likely your timeline is going to change as you move forward.

As far as i know only Ranger edition get access to the Closed Pre-Alpha launch weekend (June 27).

all other backers including Airborne is getting access to the standard closed Pre-Alpha (June 29).

Thanks WarFox, you are more correct than my initial guess. I misread the Airborne backer details, so according to the KS page only Ranger level backers will get "Launch Weekend" access.

I edited the OP

Thanks WarFox, you are more correct than my initial guess. I misread the Airborne backer details, so according to the KS page only Ranger level backers will get "Launch Weekend" access.

I edited the OP

sure no worries :) +1 bump. 

Please pin this thread.

A question from me regarding closed alphas. What will be the duration of the "Closed Pre-Alpha" and "Closed Alpha"? Once those phases start, will they be continuously online/available or will it be run only for a short fixed duration and then be shut down? I checked the forum and FAQ, but I couldn't find an answer for it.

Looking at the timeline (see Kickstarter description), it is not clear to me. The diamond-shaped milestone symbol could be interpreted as a short fixed-term event rather than a ongoing phase. If you look at the Early Access, no milestone symbol is used - maybe because the Early Access will continously run once started. On the other hand the milestone symbol could just indicate the start of the phase and the phase will run until it is replaced with the next phase; and they just forgot to draw the symbol for the Early Access.

I am asking because I am planning to go for a 2-weeks vacation starting on June 28th. If after my return the "Closed Pre-Alpha" is already closed and I have to wait for the "Closed Alpha", I would rather skip the vacation and play Squad in "Closed Pre-Alpha". After all, I deliberately pledged for Commander on Kickstarter and cannot wait to play it.

Please clarify.

... the Early Access will continously run once started... the milestone symbol could just indicate the start of the phase and the phase will run until it is replaced with the next phase;

This is what best describes what I myself can only assume. I'm thinking that once the Closed Pre-Alpha begins at the end of this month (hopefully), it will run for an unclarified amount of time and blend into the Closed Alpha stage following it. Basically all that means is another larger group of backers will gain access with the addition of new content to stress test. And then from there even more backers will gain keys to play with the Steam Early Access along with the steam gamers who are waiting; then Beta, etc, etc.

As far as the specific number of days each phase will run for- I would guestimate around a month at least, given the current pattern of progression thus far.

(THIS IS ONLY MY ASSUMPTION)

Thanks, Enigmatic. This is what I would also hope/assume.

Could one of the devs confirm this, please? I think this is of interested to many others, probably worthwhile adding to the FAQ.

Thanks for the post Enigmatic, I think we slap it on the reddit KS sticky with slight formatting. +1 for dev confirmations  :wub:

Bump.

Folklore, I guess it's more likely the devs will stumple upon our questions in their own forum than on redit, right?

Some discussion along the same line going on here, however without clear results yet.

I would guess once the KS is over they will have a better idea as far as release date or time-frame information goes. 

Bump.

Due to BlueDrake42's recent live stream on June 7th and having a Squad Developer with him to answer questions, the Dev DID say Closed Pre-Alpha will begin closer to 2 weeks after the Kickstarter ends.

Information from this link @ 1:11:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfN3FxxEKt4

OP has been edited.

Bump

Thanks, Enigmatic, that takes out some pressure from me and my vacation planning.

Bump.

I messaged Irontaxi with our question and immediately got the following response:

Hey there.

Closed pre alpha is going to start a week or two after KS closes and will run until we decide the prealpha is stable and ready for the bigger audience.

I expect 6-8 weeks.

After that the closed alpha will run for 6-8 week at least

If we were ready to go full early access end of october.. that would be a great achievement.

cheers!

Great news to my ears - we can play continously until the next phase, and then the next phase, and then the next phase. :D

Enigmatic, would you mind updating your top post? I think it should reflect the time windows - putting down specific dates is a bit misleading.

We aret commiting to anything though. Keep that in mind. We can only try our best at each step. :)

Thank you for the info IronTaxi! And thank you Usgu123 for bringing it to this thread!  :D  :D  :D

OP edited

Really hope Ranger weekend isn't over 4th of July Weekend. So many folks will be out of town or have family in town. 

I'm assuming Launch Weekend will be on the 11th and 12th of July, otherwise the Devs wouldn't go out of their way to say "One to two weeks" after the KickStarter ends. I'm sure they've realized its a National Holiday in the states that weekend and it gives them an extra week to polish the content they've been working on recently  ;)

Really hope Ranger weekend isn't over 4th of July Weekend. So many folks will be out of town or have family in town. 

Agreed.