TygaTheKing

Do You Think Suppressive Fire Is Effective In Squad?

Do You Think Suppressive Fire Is Effective In Squad?  

213 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do You Think Suppressive Fire Is Effective In Squad?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

You are not pinned down. First, you have an advantage of optics. Second, your enemies don't try to really pin you, they are just shooting at your direction, trying to suppress you. It is wrong tactic, that is why they are unsuccesful, not because this game lack flinching.

LOL ! How fallacious that statement is when in Squad optics 2 it perfectly shows that they're clearly trying to actually hit me and they did hit me once but obviously not enough for me to pick them all out one by one... And in your opinion that is a perfectly realistc behaviour that would happen in real life... Yeaa sure....

Why it should be balanced? Why optics, which supposed to give an advantage to shooter, should be nerfed? There are bunch of problems with realistic representation of optics, which make them unrealistically OP, but instead of solving these problems, you just want to go further away from realism.

Optics should give an advantage to the shooter but not to such an unrealistic degree as it's now. Flinching does not go away from realism, in fact it emphasizes it and improves it. Not only simulates the stress, the instinctive reaction to bullet snaps but prolongs the firefights as well instead of current pin-point, tap tap tap gunplay.

If they were be able to kill you, you would be dead. But they can't, so why shouldn't you kill them?

Because in such situations your aiming would be totally put off by the oncoming bullets. It's a totally different situation when firing from a position in which you're resting your weapon over objectes and you're well rested (not out of stamina after running like in the situation I've shown and totally caught in the open). Such steady quick and precise aiming in real life does not happen in these situations. That is why the gunplay is so one-sided over optics.

Blur doesn't affect player skills, that is why I don't complain about it.

The thing is that the current pin-point tap tap tap does not actually require any skill. Just watch the Squad Optics 4 with how ease I'm just aiming enemies one by one. The tiny flinch actually makes the learning-curve more significant rather than instant-aim and shoot. It encourages the optic-shooter to seek for cover until the MG gunner stops firing.

And the blur makes actually less realistic sense than the flinch which does happen as you're bound to have aim unsteady during a firefight.

4 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Surprisingly, that is exactly how suppression works in real life. But most of people here think suppression is something like that:

giphy.gif

Loool

"Stop making claims how people react under fire, it doesn't work the same for everyone! Now shut up and let me tell you how they react under fire!"

Not sure if this thread is pure comedy gold or just cancer by now.

Nah it's cancer.

Kill it.

Poll has closed, results basically are 51/49%.

As obviously pointed out by many players, suppression "effects" vary per individual. Constant bickering and back and forth arguing has been going on for many pages over a topic that is highly subjective, which even the poll shows.

Done!