Chuc

March 2016 Recap

3 minutes ago, Soulzz said:

I started playing in August. I took several month long breaks. Every patch is better and better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I started playing since it was in alpha with no breaks. In my experience the game hasn't changed almost to the point where I could say not even a little.

I started playing since it was in alpha with no breaks. In my experience the game hasn't changed almost to the point where I could say not even a little.

Im not sure what you consider change, but it's been pretty significant

5 minutes ago, Soulzz said:

Im not sure what you consider change, but it's been pretty significant

Sure they added items to the game but nothing has changed for the better i still find my self bored with engagements.

Just now, Soulzz said:

Most of the big changes are in the works. Just doesn't happen overnight.

can i ask you a question?

On 4/11/2016 at 1:00 PM, Fripp said:

please add red dot to american medic  <3<3<3<3<3

Medics need some love too and being penalized for being a medic makes no sense. Al least give em a holo with no zoom the M4's ironsight is so obstructive.

the medic is the strongest class ingame... medics got ALOT more powerful last update with the new icons on the map, showing teammates healtstate... no need to give them better guns. you're supposed to have your binocs or medicbag out at all times... unless you have to defend yourself.

The problem I see is that the US medic gets gimped because the M4's ironsight is too obstructive, all the AK variants for medics are so much better for defending yourself and for CQC that leaving the US"s medics with the kit it has right now feels a bit unfair. I mean they added scopes so that every army have a way to counter US"s sharpshooters. So to me sounds reasonable to make the medic kit a bit less gimped compered to other medics.

6 hours ago, Ein said:

The problem I see is that the US medic gets gimped because the M4's ironsight is too obstructive, all the AK variants for medics are so much better for defending yourself and for CQC that leaving the US"s medics with the kit it has right now feels a bit unfair. I mean they added scopes so that every army have a way to counter US"s sharpshooters. So to me sounds reasonable to make the medic kit a bit less gimped compered to other medics.

Yep. I'll frequently play medic on the OPFOR side due to this, but will very rarely play medic on the US side due to the iron sights.

3 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

Yep. I'll frequently play medic on the OPFOR side due to this, but will very rarely play medic on the US side due to the iron sights.

I play it anyway but I agree about the M4 ironsights. I hate it.

As a player who is sl 90% of the time i think its good that the medics dont have scoops, because you are not supposed to engage in firefights!  

Your roll is to stay back with sl and move in when someone is down.  maybe give some suppressing fire,  i hate when my medics are in the front.

The last people that should go down in a squad are the medics. 

2 hours ago, nooomy said:

As a player who is sl 90% of the time i think its good that the medics dont have scoops, because you are not supposed to engage in firefights!  

Your roll is to stay back with sl and move in when someone is down.  maybe give some suppressing fire,  i hate when my medics are in the front.

You are not always in a firefight so medics serve as spotters too, and if you are in a firefight, there are not always casualties so your point is invalid. 

10 hours ago, nooomy said:

I absolutely agree, I often see medics playing as pointman wasting a medic spot. But I think that is up to the squad leader to manage a squad and if your medic is unwilling to play the roll then you must find someone who will. That being said, at the state the game is right now it feels unfair for the medics on the US faction that is all I am saying.

On 4/13/2016 at 1:36 AM, nooomy said:

While I agree with this (that you do not want your medic to the be point man), it doesn't change the fact that the US iron sights are awful. 

17 hours ago, Minotaurus said:

NICE but WHO ist the GERMAN G3

Probably shared between militia and insurgents. Might even make an appearance as the PSG-1, but one can only hope. Personally I really hope we get a US marksman rifle too. But I wouldn't expect that until the US player models are done.

8 hours ago, NotBrad said:

Probably shared between militia and insurgents. Might even make an appearance as the PSG-1, but one can only hope. Personally I really hope we get a US marksman rifle too. But I wouldn't expect that until the US player models are done.

M110 will make it's way into Squad for sure. I bet by the next two updates.

Eh am I the only one who absolutely loves the carry handle? I mean, I equip that kit sometimes just as a regular rifleman just for fun.

But I'd like to redirect you guys to a thread that suggests a CompM2 with a 4MOA dot for the US medic, if I can somehow find the link.

12 hours ago, Blackout330 said:

Eh am I the only one who absolutely loves the carry handle? I mean, I equip that kit sometimes just as a regular rifleman just for fun.

But I'd like to redirect you guys to a thread that suggests a CompM2 with a 4MOA dot for the US medic, if I can somehow find the link.

The M4A1 w/ carry handle also has a foregrip. I've seen the files and uploaded them into UE, the foregrip has a different recoil curve than the standard rifle and is much better on full auto than other M4 variants. Might all just be a placebo effect from the nostalgia of the carry handle, but I doubt the devs would bother with a separate recoil curve if it was the same.

On 12/4/2016 at 8:50 PM, Ein said:

Medics need some love too and being penalized for being a medic makes no sense. Al least give em a holo with no zoom the M4's ironsight is so obstructive.

Yes, Medics need to choose between iron sights and Aimpoint Comp M3, as a rifleman.

Edited by NeO

4 hours ago, NeO said:

Yes, Medics need to choose between iron sights and Aimpoint Comp M3, as a rifleman.

If they DO have/can choose one IRL, then they could be added ; If no, don't change anything.

On 4/2/2016 at 9:56 PM, Glocknade said:

Gr8 work! Liking that BTR-80 and them US soldiers. However, no camel-back? Come on who uses canteens nowadays? ^_^

Lol, it's a slightly older screenshot of the model he is working on, I already told him to get rid of that thing. Some reason, other devs really like the "look".

But..yeah, I never had canteens on me, nor did any Marine that I ever saw from any unit actually have these on their gear while I was deployed.