Chuc

March 2016 Recap

NetMove! sounds great - better than the other send-stuffs-to-all-even-if-they-dont-need-it method

Yehorivka looks awesome!

yay to Devs!!!   :D

Lovely work. :) Tunnels look amazing, sound work is great! Really, everything is worth praising.

Question on interior detailing for buildings: I don't have much background in mapping. In Project Reality, it always distracted me how bare the apartment complexes would be. I know it takes man-hours to place objects all over these buildings (or hours developing procedural generation), but how hardware intensive is it for the client/server to be filled with objects? It's a huge step in immersion to have homes laid out like someone lived there vs. every room is an empty room. If culling is done properly, does high object count around map eat into CPU, GPU, RAM, or VRAM? Thanks!

Aimed at Mr.@IrOnTaXi, you probably have the most experience on this.

Edited by Mumble

2 hours ago, neguritab said:

The grenade explosion particles look amazing, I'll sugest that when a grenade explode to make a small crater on the ground. That would be very sick!!! Anyway, great work!

Thats coming also ^^

i like the us model very much and hope that is the one chosen for the medic XD,

also i like the small Village with tight CQB focus but i have to ask, are you guys planning in the future to create a Urban map down the line?

the updates are pretty good and i like we its going (minus the recoil lol )

11 minutes ago, Brunito_gg said:

Thats coming also ^^

WHAT!? Unexpected dude.

Looks nice. The new network movement system looks a whole lot smoother than the old one, which will be quite refreshing compared to the jerky movements that can be seen in game now. The dynamic audio reflection is also really, really nice sounding and will pair well for immersion alongside the new environmentally-sensitive explosions and foliage interactivity. As for the BTR-80, I guess you guys didn't go with Fishman's model? Personally I prever his as it's got a lot more life to it; doesn't look as stripped down and soulless. Oh well, hopefully the BTR-80 you guys have created will be livened up and have more defined edges.

The new US Army uniform is looking good now that the plate carrier has been loaded down a bit more, but I still would've liked to see something other than that chest rig everybody gets and nobody uses. I guess there's hope for that yet based on what the descriptions say. The glasses don't look like anything I've ever seen anyone wear; they seem a bit low-profile compared to most other ballistic glasses I've ever seen, are they based on any particular make and model? Also, the sleeves look a bit... weird. I don't think I've ever seen bunched up sleeves on a combat shirt considering how stiff ripstop sleeves can get. Then again, I haven't been looking for photos of people with bunched up sleeves. The backpack is also something I've never seen before, any make and model for that as well?

Overall, the model looks awesome. Any idea what you guys are going to do for other helmets? The Crye Airframe is the other helmet in game currently, so is that going to making a reappearance? 

Can't wait to see that Ukrainian map. Seriously, it looks damn good and for some reason really reminds me Yamalia with all that grassland, and I loved Yamalia.

10 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

The glasses don't look like anything I've ever seen anyone wear; they seem a bit low-profile compared to most other ballistic glasses I've ever seen, are they based on any particular make and model?

The glasses look similar to what I had over in Afghanistan, after we got a protective gear upgrade 2009. ESS ICE ballistic glasses variant is a possibility.

These monthly recaps are getting better and better and leave me completely salivating myself!!

Edited by Shenk

im curious, for the grenade effects is the effect triggered by what the grenade is hitting or is it triggered by what kind of ground it landed on? for example if it landed on a gravel road and beside that road was trees would the outcome be gravel in the air or both gravel and leaves?

336e371648e0c61ca5f95cfe3e276abe Also ive never been able to find the answer, but what is the huge thing on top of the new U.S helmet? a bandage?

Devs are seriously straight up BADASS!!  New map looks amazing.. as does all the other up and coming stuff.   :D

Ohhhh those sounds!! <3

One thing tho that ive noticed is when it comes to armour we havent seen any for the US forces, of course this will change in the future but are there any in development at the moment? will they / it be released along side its counter part?

BTR-80

MT-LBM

MTLB W/ .50cal Turret

29 minutes ago, winterfell said:

336e371648e0c61ca5f95cfe3e276abe Also ive never been able to find the answer, but what is the huge thing on top of the new U.S helmet? a bandage?

That's a goggles.

34 minutes ago, winterfell said:

Those are protective goggles (protection against dust, wind etc.) .

Edit: Ninja'd

1 hour ago, winterfell said:

im curious, for the grenade effects is the effect triggered by what the grenade is hitting or is it triggered by what kind of ground it landed on? for example if it landed on a gravel road and beside that road was trees would the outcome be gravel in the air or both gravel and leaves?

Gravel in the ground and then the tree will get hit by shock-wave and shrapnel and pull wood pieces from the tree body and leaves from the foliage ^.^

Games normally have just the effect from the material the projectile has struck or exploded at. We now have that PLUS these intelligent shockwaves shocking the various materials around the blast. 

She's a beauty.

And you will see.

Love,

Bruno