I would like to see a simple metric on the bottom of the map that give me simple info of the map. ie a grids width/weight and the corner-to-corner distance across the grid. 

At the moment its a guessing game trying to remember how large the map is. Mainly this causes issues trying to figure out how far apart FOB's can be on a map of unknown size. 

Also speaking of FOB's it would be nice to see the buildable area of a FOB on the SL's map, so i have a good idea how fart out the range it.

I totally agree with 7CavParsons.
It would be nice to have a metric Scale on the right bottom of the map that scales with to zoom level of the Map, just like the grid reference dose on the corners.

It will be especially important for indirect fire weapons like mortars or under barrel grenade launchers when adjustable sights are available.
Although it would be useful for longer distance shoots with shoulder fired anti-tank launchers.

Edited by Evad422

I would assume it's coming, it's been discussed before and I can't see any logical reason it would be deliberately left out. It will be welcome for sure.

Yes for sure, it would be a nice and small thing to include though on the map graphics considering they are static its not like they change. 

But I also hope that some form of in game measuring will be included like in the SL's binoculars, are by using the map. Something similar to the way its done in Project Reality. I feel it was well implemented in that game. 

I'm sure it will come, it may seem simple but the maps are changing all the time and there must be a lot of layers / steps between the map image and the graphic we see in game.

Maps will mature and become more fixed at some point, probably when the mappers get busy making new maps :) 

Perhaps a measure function could help on the map? 2 icons which link to show a distance, could only be visible to the SL who placed it or just a temp thing?