Spectral

Communities opinion on VOIP Mute

Should player muting be a thing?  

144 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should player muting be a thing?

• Yes
    • No

Please give us your honest opinion of if you would like to see a mute option or keep the game without one. If you vote, please give a reason behind your opinion.

Its a tough one, cause i havent meet that many squealers/kids. It would be nice to mute those 2 squadleaders that blabber in something other then english non stop on command net.

I'm divided, but voted Yes because others have asked for it.

The only benefit of a mute function is to prevent yourself from being harassed by a spammy player. This can be addressed by an active admin. But if one isn't around it can be a pain. To be fair, I've only ever encountered two spammy players-- both during end of round open comms --in all my game time.

So, a Yes vote--
- allows players to Mute problematic teammates.
- has the potential for other Squad Leaders or players to Mute "dissenting" opinions and carry on without cooperation (which is a pretty big concern).

A No vote--
- enables problematic players to be spammy and annoying.
- allows command channel to remain open for players to discuss or argue or cajole to their heart's content.

Yes and No

Why mute when you can kick them from the squad? but as for now since there is no squad lock then maybe we should have it? I have yet to have an issue in which i wished i could of muted that player BUT! you never know when you may need it.

I vote yes so the option to use it is always there, hopefully its a feature that gets rarely used but welcomed when its needed.

yes, there should be a poll at the top for everyone

:( doesn't show up in Tapatalk. I'll have to get on the old brick I guess.

I don't see why it shouldn't be added. The muting of people being unpleasant in voip would help with the nuisance of dealing with those individuals.

Even though I can only recall wishing for a mute option once, not having one would be leaving out a useful tool with little to no reason for doing so. 

You guys don't play SL enough. The only scenario where a mute would be nice in my opinion is when a troll takes an SL position and spams the SL channel. Otherwise yes, the SL can just kick people from the squad if they are spamming/harassing on squad comms.

Nothing beats active admins though.

I voted yes for the reasons that @ChanceBrahh stated above.

I would ideally like to vote no though.

What would be best is if the phrase "Clear comms" becomes universally accepted and respected. That way, from SL to SL, SL to squad, or squadmate to squad, chat will fall silent when someone says that phrase, acting just like a mute button. If it's someone trolling in the squad, then have SL kick them or change squad. If it's another squad leader in squad chat... well, I don't know a good solution for that one.

Edited by Mumble

I would potentially see a player to player exclusive mute being useful for abuse (Straight 1 to 1)

My worry would always be around people using mute punatively against new players. Not something I wish to enable people to do. 

Not to mention lone wolf SVD types who now can mute their SL. 

i vote no

I think there needs to be an option to mute the squad leader channel as a whole and also the option to mute individual squad leaders. Sometimes the SL channel gets so cluttered with useless conservation and argument that you can't even hear your squad. There's also no reason you should have to listen to SLs in a language you don't understand.

Same as desmo, I don't think regular player muting is necessary, but the SL channel muting is a necessity. When we finally have a way to do 1-to-1 SL comms, that will make things better, but for now it would be great to be able to mute the loudmouths on SL comms

Here are a few things to consider, and yes I have seen this myself.

1.) Players use local voice to follow you and spam music. If an admin is on they can kick them.

2.) SL yelling in gibberish or a language you don't understand and find usefull so you can mute them.

3.) Players annoying you via local comms but not breaking any server rules.

While you can mute new players all mutes are session based and will be cleared the moment you disconnect from the session. So if a new player is abusing the mic, then later grows up and becomes an asset to the game, they will be unmuted after each session.

i vote no only because, imo, if someone is being stupid or otherwise negative enough to warrant being muted, then they should just be kicked. this ofc requires good server admins--but good server admins also seem requisite for good Squad servers. muting seems counter to what Squad/PR is all about--using voip to communicate and coordinate etc

Voip mute is very bad idea but maybe SL can send a HUGE banner that says FOCUS!! and it stays until SL decide otherwise lol

Yes. Sometimes you don't want to hear problematic team mates yet you don't have enough reason to kick them from the squad for minimal mic spamming. In other words - You want them to stay in the squad and at the same time you don't want to listen to their disturbances - which might be a subjective thing from person to person. Some one like to hear mic music while running between objectives and some one don't. Still you don't want to kick this person out of the squad.

No for player mute, but maybe a "hold down key to mute radio" to hear what goes on around you in situations you need to. But maybe even that would be to much.

If a players in a squad talks to much, the squad lead should tell him to stop in my opinion.

Edited by koschilein
To early in the morning to make no error´s...

No. Haven't seen so much problem with this. Community can verify problems better than some game mechanics. I trust in active admins.
OR
Maybe if this option could be enabled only when there's no admin in server? If one admin just joined server this option would not be available.

4 minutes ago, Antol said:

No. Haven't seen so much problem with this. Community can verify problems better than some game mechanics. I trust in active admins.
OR
Maybe if this option could be enabled only when there's no admin in server? If one admin just joined server this option would not be available.

What does an admin has to do with this? Should he listen to every squad chat? I think if someone would be the person to do something about it, it should be the squad leader.

I wouldn't vote yes or no. I think it should be somewhere in the middle. You should NOT be able to mute anyone you want especially the squad leader. BUT when I used to play PR with my friend it was nice we could mute each other because we were also in Skype and it was nice we didn't have to hear each other twice. I think you should ONLY be able to mute steam friends, so you don't hear them twice if you're in Skype/TS ect.. 

Would some people like the ability to mute other "annoying" players if they wanted... sure. But that't the point of Squad. You know what you do the second you get in any COD loby ever? You mute every single person, because you can. People need to learn to get along with other people and be team players. And nothing helps accomplishes that more than communication between EVERYONE. 

Edited by Choogar