ShaunOfCathay

On the topic of SVBIEDs

19 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I can honestly tell you that i wasnt aware of ztrooper's specific statement and while i support him 100% afaik VBIED have never been 100% wiped off the board they have just never been put in our active development plan for the next 16 months up to 1.0

Ps. I have no problem with this discussion but you guys need to realize this issue is put to rest until our core objective are achieved. 

See, that is oustanding. A simple acknowledgement that you guys see the interest in it and that it's still a possible idea to implement is all I ever wanted, can't speak for anyone else. Much better than being snarkily told to mod it in myself if I think it's a good idea.

The discussion never had a closure was the problem. Input from you like that is appreciated.

19 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I can honestly tell you that i wasnt aware of ztrooper's specific statement and while i support him 100% afaik VBIED have never been 100% wiped off the board they have just never been put in our active development plan for the next 16 months up to 1.0

if we get to the point where a lot of vehicles on a big map works well for our game mechanics i can see them as a natural choice to extend the asymmetry of an insurgent faction. We don't know how that is all going to pan out yet so they are currently not in the plan. 

They can't be considered in isolation as a feature. 

Ps. I have no problem with this discussion but you guys need to realize this issue is put to rest until our core objective are achieved. 

You see, saying that it's not in the plan for 1.0 is something that is so much more understandable than what he said. He gave no reasons, outright stated that he was speaking for the entire group, and then played the poor, poor, pitiful me card about how hard he works and how we clearly know what's better than the game than the devs and therefore we should just do things ourselves. I've got no problem swallowing that it's not on the release plan because that doesn't bother me. Hell, it wouldn't really even bother me if he told me they would've never came in and given a coherent reason, but what bothers me and others is the way he acted. I strongly suggest you go and read the thread that the OP linked because it's very unbecoming of a developer to act that way and, quite frankly, is very unflattering to the dev team. The only way I could describe acting like that is inappropriate, and that's a word I don't use lightly. 

Vehicles not being in game at this point and being almost untested for working in mass is a good reason for not even beginning to look at them. That's something I can swallow without a problem because as we all know there have been a lot of set backs with vehicles in this game just because of how new this iteration of the Unreal Engine is. 

I realize that this isn't a core objective and for now it is settled, but the last thread didn't settle it as "it's not a core objective but has the possibility of becoming a feature" so much as "it will never happen and we're not going to give a reason". I'm glad to hear that it's not completely off the drawing board as well as a good reason as to why they're not on the 1.0 plan. 

Quote from Z on that thread:

"Well regardless of what you may find, I can tell you with certainty right here and now that there are no plans for making such a vehicle or feature. Its not on our roadmap and there is no advocate of such a feature on the team."

Please reference bold parts the quote. That isn't a final decision. It means there are no plans for them yet, and they aren't priority enough to be made into a goal (road map).

I assume all of you missed and/or forgot that comment amongst the arguing and abuse that was flying around. I don't blame Z, that thread fell into immature retorts and statements, so putting those sort of responses was needed given that no one decided to take his first comment on board.

Theory crafting and development wishes are all good and well, but lowering to stupid arguments over what you think is best, isn't going to help promote your ideas.

Note: You and your is spoken figuratively. Not aimed at anyone.

Addition: Z was practically ignored by the majority of the people in that thread, so he was right to close it as well.

3 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

its all good. im here to answer. 

Ztrooper gets pretty stressed sometimes 

Well lets just hope Z doesn't read Yukari's negative review on Steam game page then.

17 hours ago, ShaunOfCathay said:

Will the Insurgents in Logar Valley look different than the ones in Fallujah? 

No they will not. 

they will be the same

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Well lets just hope Z doesn't read Yukari's negative review on Steam game page then.

That's fine.. its a free opinion place.. it is what it is. We have a very good overall rating. 

I am always a little shocked that people take this stuff so personally. 

It really is... a game..   it doesn't acutally affect the outcome of your life. 

7 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

That's fine.. its a free opinion place.. it is what it is. We have a very good overall rating. 

I am always a little shocked that people take this stuff so personally. 

It really is... a game..   it doesn't acutally affect the outcome of your life. 

A...Game?... this is not just a game....This...is..LIFE!! 

I understand that suicide cars/trucks or any other means of attempt to create suicide bombing ingame can bring consequences to the devs and the company but still it is quite disheartening and frustrating to hear that in the year 2016 game companies still have to "restrain" themselves and subject themselves to some jackasses in suits in the media, politics or any other jackass with connections and capable of moving enough drama in the media to completely halt an AMAZING project like Squad SHOULD the devs go for it. 

I mean COME ON! It's just a friggin VIDEO GAME. Why should companies that create video games subject themselves  to those idiots? Why don't people sue the thousands of movies out there that outrageously display enormous amounts of drugs, sex, alcohol, violence scenes? Why is that it is always video games to blame? 

If suicide cars/trucks/vests/fixed wing aircraft goes in to the trash bin and will no longer be implemented in this game it will one of the saddest days for me and I'm sure another sad day for the gaming Industry. 

The companies that created Call of Duty were sued by the family of Jonas Savimbi (UNITA leader during the Angolan war for independence) because they portrayed Jonas as a character in the game (Black Ops 2 if I'm not mistaken). So pathetic. If game companies decide to take a leap forward this what happens? Where's the freedom in content produced?

Why doesn't Squad Devs do the same as Ubisoft does in every game of the Assassins Creed franchise and display a warning on first screen should the Squad Devs decide to go ahead with SVBIEDS warning people that Squad is just a game?

Edited by Shenk

I understand that suicide cars/trucks or any other means of attempt to create suicide bombing ingame can bring consequences to the devs and the company but still it is quite disheartening and frustrating to hear that in the year 2016 game companies still have to "restrain" themselves and subject themselves to some jackasses in suits in the media, politics or any other jackass with connections and capable of moving enough drama in the media to completely halt an AMAZING project like Squad SHOULD the devs go for it. 

I mean COME ON! It's just a friggin VIDEO GAME. Why should companies that create video games subject themselves  to those idiots? Why don't people sue the thousands of movies out there that outrageously display enormous amounts of drugs, sex, alcohol scenes? Why is that it is always video games to blame? 

If suicide cars/trucks/vests/fixed wing aircraft goes in to the trash bin and will no longer be implemented in this game it will one of the saddest days for me and I'm sure another sad day for the gaming Industry. 

The companies that created Call of Duty were sued by the family of Jonas Savimbi (UNITA leader during the Angolan war for independence) because they portrayed Jonas as a character in the game (Black Ops 2 if I'm not mistaken). So pathetic. If game companies decide to take a leap forward this what happens? Where's the freedom in content produced?

Why doesn't Squad Devs do the same as Ubisoft does in every game of the Assassins Creed franchise and display a warning on first screen should the Squad Devs decide to go ahead with SVBIEDS warning people that Squad is just a game?

Squad does not aim to add any recognized terrorist organizations to squad. That is why we won't be seeing suicide classes. Ask your self, does the omission of them impact squad in any meaningful way? I would say no.

13 minutes ago, MattersEnd said:

Squad does not aim to add any recognized terrorist organizations to squad. That is why we won't be seeing suicide classes. Ask your self, does the omission of them impact squad in any meaningful way? I would say no.

I do not know which "recognized terrorist organizations" are you talking about because sure as hell I did not mention any. Nor did I mention anything about "suicide classes" I merely brought up vests as a possible item. Perhaps I did not explain my point better myself but let's not jump to needless conclusions.

Edited by Shenk

2 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

No they will not. 

they will be the same

That's a shame :/ 
Will there be more maps set in Iraq besides Fallujah? 

yeah totally more maps in that theater... or.. we may say fallujah is also in a generic middle east and take liberties to craft the map in the image we want to see it. 

Its our next theater of war essentially so a huge revisit of generic insurgents will come along with it. 

17 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

yeah totally more maps in that theater... or.. we may say fallujah is also in a generic middle east and take liberties to craft the map in the image we want to see it. 

Its our next theater of war essentially so a huge revisit of generic insurgents will come along with it. 

By "revisit" you mean creating new models for each map location setting, insurgency-wise?

Edited by Shenk

42 minutes ago, Shenk said:

By "revisit" you mean creating new models for each map location setting, insurgency-wise?

No. Replacing our current insuregent models with ones of the same quality as russian and militia soliders and revisit and build on the mechanics of the faction. IED's being an example.  we have some fun plans for their mechanic. 

Hopefully the IED emplacer can be a technical class who will have options on what to place and how to conceal them. 

4 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

No they will not. 

they will be the same

not anytime soon, or never? really disappointing, and will be totally immersion breaking :( generally speaking, Afghan style insurgents dress very different (traditional clothing) than Iraq/Syria/Libya insurgents (western clothing). 

taliban.jpg

0130-free-syrian-army.jpg?alias=standard

39 minutes ago, gunbattle said:

not anytime soon, or never? really disappointing, and will be totally immersion breaking :( generally speaking, Afghan style insurgents dress very different (traditional clothing) than Iraq/Syria/Libya insurgents (western clothing). 

taliban.jpg

0130-free-syrian-army.jpg?alias=standard

They will very likely be much more towards the iraqi / syria / libya insurgents. 

We honestly used the current models out of necessity as its what we had.. We will see though.. they arent started yet so the inspiration and reference gathering phase is still under way.. we do very much NOT want to focus on taliban esque player models but a sneaky homage might make it in.. you never know..  pair of sandals are always welcome. 

4 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

They will very likely be much more towards the iraqi / syria / libya insurgents. 

We honestly used the current models out of necessity as its what we had.. We will see though.. they arent started yet so the inspiration and reference gathering phase is still under way.. we do very much NOT want to focus on taliban esque player models but a sneaky homage might make it in.. you never know..  pair of sandals are always welcome. 

Yuuuuuuuus, nike footwear best combat footwear.

Kj2uNdA.png

41 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

oh man, dude, youve made me so happy right now! :) i totally misunderstood. i thought you mean that the insurgent player models will be the same--referring to the current insurgent models. wow, this means there will be, eventually, new insurgent player models! TITS! FUCKING TITS! cant wait!

4 minutes ago, gunbattle said:

oh man, dude, youve made me so happy right now! :) i totally misunderstood. i thought you mean that the insurgent player models will be the same--referring to the current insurgent models. wow, this means there will be, eventually, new insurgent player models! TITS! FUCKING TITS! cant wait!

That has always been the plan yep!

we also plan to let them loose on weapons eventually when we get there.. mosins, compact AKs with drum mags, whatever we can get our hands on.. 

23 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

As developers, how do you guys feel, knowing that from the only 25ish of you, you have roughly 150,000+People buying and playing your product? 

Which, if ive done the maths right, 150K x $40 = $6 Million? Even though this isn't how it necessarily works

b0b9806010fd140c24d81de87d4d92ca_origina

http://steamspy.com/app/393380 $6,229,40.26 but you also have to remember how much tax needs to go to steam (Im guessing 30% for digital goods) if so it would be $1,868,820.678 CAD US is $1,430,725.41

If no suicide cars or trucks make it into the game, at least give the insurgents the ability to strap not only IED's but all manners of explosives that will be available to them in the future to any available vehicle in every part of the vehicle whether it's outside or inside at their disposal as some folks have already pointed out. This is a more realistic approach. I just can't see Insurgents performing well without this ability against conventional factions. Otherwise I fear Insurgents will be the least played faction and will always be the underdog in the whole game easily overcome by anyone.

Edited by Shenk

28 minutes ago, Shenk said:

If no suicide cars or trucks make it into the game, at least give the insurgents the ability to strap not only IED's but all manners of explosives that will be available to them in the future to any available vehicle in every part of the vehicle whether it's outside or inside at their disposal as some folks have already pointed out. This is a more realistic approach. I just can't see Insurgents performing well without this ability against conventional factions. Otherwise I fear Insurgents will be the least played faction and will always be the underdog in the whole game easily overcome by anyone.

I would like to have SVBIEDs but in my opinion they are not strictly relevant for balancing reasons.
ATGM Emplacements or Technicals with ZU-23-2 or probably SPG-9 (I am not shure if the SPG-9 can breach modern APC armor
.)
can be an effective APC killer. In my opinion there shouldn’t be any MBTs on Maps against asymmetric Foes.

Edited by Evad422
Addet SPG-9