Drexciya

Community content WIP thread!

The collision proxy can be seen in the static mesh editor, if you don't see it, you can press the Collision button in the top toolbar.

Here is a crude screenshot of the standard content chair (on my mac at work, I just have starter content here) with the light purple line which is the collision for that object. Normally that thing gets generated automatically when you import your FBX files, so if the door isn't left out you have to edit it by hand or try to redo it in the editor, you can do some things by using the collision menu on the top of the static mesh editor. You can read more about it in the docs.

Here's the quick screen, it's clickable for higher res.

bildschirmfoto-2015-06ksqp.png

so...gonna post 3 shoots  very poor quality im sorry for that but till now its the only way i can do so .. sorry...dont expect much im a newbie to his first steps...so no texturing no materials (for now) dont insult me then ahah

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-H_svR66J2EE/VaA5reQt9oI/AAAAAAAADMo/B-KakYfe5Ck/w1580-h889-no/15%2B-%2B1

this is the "famous" palace i mentioned before=) ( its just a tower..

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_jcQ-1r6viY/VaA5rRdPWqI/AAAAAAAADMw/nRcqwlxLuU8/w1580-h889-no/15%2B-%2B2

here some beretta M9 A3...my first weapon model on this modelling software

and finally here some WIP ARX 160=) hope u enjoy at least the idea behind ma shit ( lol) im just trying=))

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vOiB0jUY87Q/VaA5rcXXPGI/AAAAAAAADM4/jJcprFfGWu8/w1580-h889-no/15%2B-%2B3

see you the next update=D

oh btw very tnx for explanation guys=) thanks a lot

Theres the Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard which is yours friend :D

You can press it puts a screenshot of your current view into the clipboard which you can then paste into some picture editing software. Helps a lot in making screenshots without a camera :)

I started on this yesterday. not certain about the final setting. considder this to be only a 05% of the final release, (if it might ever happen).

holyfcknshtitsa_dinosfbsns.jpg

Some cool stuff going down in here gents, keep it up! 

r0tzbua, been a fan of your work for quite a while, nice to see you on here :) 

Some cool stuff going down in here gents, keep it up! 

r0tzbua, been a fan of your work for quite a while, nice to see you on here :) 

Thanks man, nice to hear that! :)

You guys are doing some amazing stuff art-wise keep that up, I'm excited to be seeing all that stuff in action!

@Marv: Nice stuff, be sure to build the light for over 4k objects :D (j/k)

more.. added a few thingys to experiment with: lawrenceofarabia__x4z4q.jpg

bro if you want specific building you can ask to me i would be really happy helping you

@r0tzwa thanks for the info lol

I'm not a smart man but is it easy to control shading on UE4?

Just looks like the damn moon landing for me >.<

___1__olrt7.jpg last pic, ... now i am out of creativity for weeks :)

Looks amazing dude! Great work =)

oasis revival?

If I had some of those assets (Buildings/streets, signs, e.tc..).....

It would be awesome if a group of guys from the community decide to recreate alot of PR maps, I'd happily join haha!

It would be awesome if a group of guys from the community decide to recreate alot of PR maps, I'd happily join haha!

"We are making it a Reality with Project Project Reality" That should be the line for the said group of mappers :D

"We are making it a Reality with Project Project Reality" That should be the line for the said group of mappers :D

Yes, a little confusing though but should not be a problem haha. We first have to see what the game will bring and it will probably take some time before mappers start doing community stuff. 

If some modders would come thogeter then everyone does a little bit of work and maps can be created fairly quick. It would be even more awesome if the devs decide to for instance add a community map into the game just like PR did.

May not be really too fitting, but here is some UI concepts I was working for fun and to get a better grasp on a nice piece of software called Sketch, including some small prototype video, yay.

Main Menu – still very rough, in an in-game version the background "image" would most likely be a level where something moves (trees, birds, maybe a HMMV driving through, that stuff) right now it's simply a stolen Squad image. (all pictures a clickable for a 100% version)

gui--main-menu-thumbgdkws.png

A settings screen where I experimented with different UI patterns like sliders and all that fun, the current slider concept would make the yellow part also clickable where you could simply enter a number for ease of use.

gui--settings-_-videob7jpk.png

And porting it over from another thread, some playing around with topographic maps and a spawn screen:

gui--spawn-screen-v2avluxe.png

Lastly a super-short video with some motion design in it, showing how the transition from one screen to the other could look like:

guimainmenu1qj9yl1urt.jpg

thats really really good i like that!!! :) looks very nice well done poke the devs

Cattura%2Bdi%2Bschermata%2B%25283%2529.pCattura%2Bdi%2Bschermata%2B%25282%2529.p

oookay some progress here...i added materials and the model is quite complete. Nothing much just my first experiment. What do you guys think?This is a placeholder for something better but its a starting point=)just a question: How many polygons does a low-poly model have? cheers=D lol another one...differences between blender and maya?(autodesk)

just a question: How many polygons does a low-poly model have? cheers=D

It really depends, where is this model used, hot complicated is the silhoette, which type of detail does a normal map have no problem to display.

I don't really know the benchmarks of the Squad devs, but for an undisclosed CryEngine3 game I worked on in the past I aimed for around 10-13k for a first person weapon asset, always depending on the complexibility.

Battlefield 4's L86 for example has a tricount of about 10k, but BF4 also has to run on some quite outdated hardware (PS3 and XBOX360 for example)

oh thats good...somewhere i read that low poly was 100 polygons lol...as always thanks for help...im trying to create an fps game in ue4 but im dumb beginneer and without knowing;)

lol that...i was just wondering about the hardwere request to dont make a game lag...so u think i could use ..mmh 2000-3000 without worrying about anything?

Yeah it really depends, when you're doing a first person weapon asset of some complicated gun you could surely go for up to 10k-13k in my opinion, highly optimized Battlefield 4 like I said has 10k rifles, and that's no problem.

If it's a set piece or a map asset it always depends on what the silhouette is, how prominent it is, and the LODs are of course the most important thing there.

Some terrain I've been working on. Mesh and Textures generated in World Machine. Rendered in Blender. Looking forward to get my hands on mapping for Squad. For the time being I'll prepare my map for the SDK release.

PS: I wanted to share this terrain as a simple 3D Mesh via sketchfab viewer but I failed exporting it with the diffuse so for now I have only the rendered image of it until I figure out how to properly export it as a textured fbx, 3ds or whatever.

J7KyZ7I.png