Drexciya

Community content WIP thread!

On 29/12/2016 at 7:01 AM, Benbot16 said:

Quick Question, anyone know how to edit the weapon inventories of soldiers? I have not been able to figure it out for some reason.

Did you manage to figure it out? I found the weapon section in the Pawn but its locked.

Posted (edited)

I would really appreciate some help on my tall 3D apartment building now, trying to get the stairs to the roof fixed.

Here you can access it via TinkerCAD (I made a private backup ofc) or you can download the .OBJ file here: https://ufile.io/22e301

TinkerCAD direct access here:

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/ceERKh2TKIG-house-3-rich-basement-stairs/editv2?sharecode=4DLfWKNtrSbXf9rV-Ds0j7bQjSEemZBY_4TgGVNolw0=

This is current status (3D view, walls made invisible for view):

https://skfb.ly/66oDY

And ofc. we will share credits for this asset :) (I have an idea for an easteregg in the texture xD )

Edited by DanielNL

I am currently in progress of making an inspiration map of Kashan Desert, Check it out here and for more updates on it!

9 hours ago, wetblue13 said:

I am currently in progress of making an inspiration map of Kashan Desert, Check it out here and for more updates on it!

Love desert maps, thx for doing this, but i dont see link mate.

Posted (edited)

I hope you going to add wind storms and quicksand that can swallow you up in the storm....be cool! add on....

maxresdefault.jpg

DustStorm.jpg

2012_01_11_31588.jpg

Edited by XRobinson

1 hour ago, Daytrader said:

Love desert maps, thx for doing this, but i dont see link mate.

Just click on my profile and go to the Sarau thread :)

Posted (edited)

New vehicle build for desert maps....a military version of this! Doable?Aerofex-Aero-X-Hoverbike-6.jpg

BMW%20LEGO%20Technic%20R1200GS%20Hover%2

Edited by XRobinson
concept

Posted (edited)

starting on building this plane tonight...... :)

These guys beat me to it...

Edited by XRobinson

Yeah I started building the plane in Free Cad, but found the seams were not matching up on my meshes, so I stopped building it in Free Cad....looking to do it in another better 3D program.....Free Cad not as good as I thought...for this.

Learn Blender. You never know when a royalty-free modeling program will come in handy.

c119model.jpg

Two nights working on the C119 Flying Boxcar with this new 3D program using the trial version....you ready to fly into the war zone with this and drop men and supplies?  I'am!

Posted (edited)

3rd night into building this.....and just 27 days left to use the working Demo...

c119prop.jpg

I hope I can finish this and get it UV'd and textured in Blender or I will buy Substance Painter I think...

This is the goal:

AC-119.jpg

AC 119K Stinger

In February 1968, under the USAF program Project Gunship III, 26 C-119Gs were converted to AC-119G standard, initially taking on the name "Creep", but later assigned the callsign "Shadow".[1] These aircraft were primarily intended to replace the AC-47 in the close air support role.

In addition, Fairchild-Hiller, which was contracted for all the conversions, converted another 26 C-119Gs into AC-119Ks, primarily for the "truck hunter" role over the Ho Chi Minh Trail. These aircraft were called "Stingers" primarily in reference to the two M61 Vulcan 20-mm cannons they carried in addition to the AC-119G's four GAU-2/A miniguns. The AC-119K could be visually distinguished by the addition of two General Electric J85 turbojet engines in underwing pods. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_AC-119

Edited by XRobinson

Posted (edited)

c119_duel.jpg

polylines.jpeg

Next up to do is the windows, landing gear and inside the cockpit, doors, and freight area, then texture it.   

Edited by XRobinson

Posted (edited)

c119windows.jpg

Windows and nose adjustment....work on the landing gear tonight...

Something to look foreword to:

AC-119K%20Stinger%20Gunship72dpi.jpg

Edited by XRobinson

On 7/18/2017 at 3:31 AM, XRobinson said:

Next up to do is the windows, landing gear and inside the cockpit, doors, and freight area, then texture it.  

I'm a little confused, how many triangles have you got there? It looks like way too few for a high poly bake, but far too many for even a lod0 given that it's just the exterior. Before UV / texturing occurs you should perhaps optimize the model a little, but that depends on what your tri counts are right now and if my eyes are deceiving me. 

Im not sure how it will turn out when exported at max triangles, using this program for first time to model and this is its test if I will buy it.  Im using MOi3d.

Ah, MOI, I haven't seen that in a while, its a pretty clever piece of software, I'm not sure how well it handles mesh conversions. 

Posted (edited)

You will have to do a retopology in max afterwards.
Cause CAD topology will be terrible, and if you change something in it you will lose all custom normals.

And all this only if you do import everything into max correctly and sometimes it really tricky for CAD surfaces.

Also you can't bake smooth surfaces, otherwise you're gonna get some shading artifacts. You have to do their curves by polygons. Also why you can't bake everything is because the plane is giant. So if you unwrap it like usual one-texture-asset the texure will be very blury and its resolution will be really big. So this asset should be a midpoly, this mean that all the curves should be modeled by polygons and you have to use tiled textures or blend some textures together using some fancy masks and shaders (like shaders which was used in Unreal Tournament (here is a video, but it will be really hard to understand something if you're not have decent knowledge of UE4 material system)).

But it is a great opportunity to use mesh decals. Cause all this bolts and pins can be a decals as well as other details.

So this asset should be done and textured the same way as environment asset, like buildings for example.

This mean that all the work you're doing in CAD can be used only like guide for further work in 3d modeling software, which could be done without it.

Edited by FishMan

Still working on the landing gear...its like a puzzle when you do not have all the specs and have to work from pics....

landinggear.jpg

ac119kstinger.jpgac119kstinger2.jpg

Worked late last night to bring you the Stinger with jets....no guns yet or details, still needs the flaps and elevators too.  Needs 4 mini guns and two 20 mm guns made up, start working on those and interior.. :)

4 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Worked late last night to bring you the Stinger with jets....no guns yet or details, still needs the flaps and elevators too.  Needs 4 mini guns and two 20 mm guns made up, start working on those and interior.. :)

Just to clarify, are you planning to put this in squad some way, some day? If it's purely for art, then I applaud you and I will say it looks great, but if you are actually planning to have it in a mod, or whatever in the game some day, may I suggest you do a test export before proceeding? See if there are any issues getting it from your program into UE4, and if so, it's better to move over to another program sooner than later :)