Drexciya

Community content WIP thread!

Update to my JO assets:

now with working Re-Bar rung ladders

JO_Assets_updated

Edited by LaughingJack

Dude, just make sure that this structures are modular. The devs are using Distant-Fields. And DF's are work very poorly with large structures especially if we talk about DFAO (but I'am not sure that they still using DFAO. Pretty shitty technology if you ask me).

Here is the articles: 1, 2. I just wan't to make sure that you are aware.

Troubleshooting and quality

The main factor on quality is effective distance field resolution. This can be modified with DistanceFieldResolutionScale. Quality will be best for levels built out of meshes with similar size, as large meshes tend to create a lot of error. In Fortnite, meshes either conform to a grid or are props placed around, this gives the best results. Landscape is handled separately and not affected by distance field resolution

Edited by FishMan

No distance fields as of yet. Weve tried to get it to run twice, as the game looks a lot better with it, but we need to optimise other aspects of the game first. Hopefully it makes a reappearance down the line.

One more point with dfao and shadows, is that they dont like heavily stretched or squashed meshes, but dont worry about that too much for now. The way youre doing those buildings looks fine to me, but fishman is right, seperating them out into modular parts is the way to go when you can, although you can get toooo modular as well!

@Drav will there be an attempt at both distance field shadows and distance field ambient occlusion or just DFS?

On 28/08/2016 at 1:50 AM, Drav said:

No distance fields as of yet. Weve tried to get it to run twice, as the game looks a lot better with it, but we need to optimise other aspects of the game first. Hopefully it makes a reappearance down the line.

One more point with dfao and shadows, is that they dont like heavily stretched or squashed meshes, but dont worry about that too much for now. The way youre doing those buildings looks fine to me, but fishman is right, seperating them out into modular parts is the way to go when you can, although you can get toooo modular as well!

Ta Drav,

so Modular meaning separate parts of Building, Awnings, Doors, Ladders, Stairways  ? ( < was thinking of doing this anyway )

or Modular meaning each Wall section, Roof section, such as some of the Afghan building parts in the SDK  ?  ( < this sounds like a lot of work building the model then breaking it into many pieces just to reassemble it in-editor )

are distance fields really worth all the effort then? just for some more eye candy?

.LJ

On 8/20/2016 at 1:23 AM, Marv said:

some WIP on that pacific jungle map that I´ve been workin on.

Its gettin real spooky now.. without the recording device I get a framerate somewhere between 66 and 88. Along the coast even more.

[video link]

please keep in mind that this is just a WorkInProgress. If anyone cares, I could dedicate a topic about this map anytime soon. There are a few REQs that I have, for wich some modelers might be able to help me out ? :wink:

It's looking awesome Marvin !!! very good job so far !! 

You have a rough idea when it could be playable ?

It's really worth it's own thread already ;)

AOR1 - Marine texture?

Got bored wanted to see how texturing turns out....gota say i will be redoing this as its actually very simple.

AkvxMlr.jpg

48 minutes ago, MVPiet13 said:

Looks beautifull, man!

Thanks. The "Plant" is just some 5 minute Blockout stuff. Atm i'm focusing on the Shader.

mz6X7Xr.jpg

Some Jordanian Army reskin of the current US units. Basically just to enhance my reskin templates that I'm gonna release soon and which help to quickly retexture the units in a PSD by just changing one or two smart objects for the camo. (Idea and research by Marv)

screenshot000a7lc9.png

(Yes, I simply recolored the faces. Don't get triggered :P)

Edited by r0tzbua

Maybe increase the roughness on those arms? And slightly on the faces. The arms look like plastic or glass with those PBR-settings.

27 minutes ago, Didgy said:

Maybe increase the roughness on those arms? And slightly on the faces. The arms look like plastic or glass with those PBR-settings.

It's Marmoset, so roughness values tend to weird a bit out compared to in-game, because i didn't set them completely right to mimic the in game shader. It's better in-engine (just an older version of the camo pattern, was too small then, but i haven't updated the textures in the SDK yet).

highresscreenshot0001jvsoh.jpg

A brief play with re-textures. I haven't played with UE4 before so it was more an experiment for my curiosity than anything else, didn't get to involved and not sure how far any of it will go. 

test1.jpg

9 hours ago, 3DPhilipp said:

Some kind of old Weapon :-D . Would be interesting to see this strapped on a Jeep :-D .

w5Jb69C.png

You can check it out here (360° Marmoset).

https://www.artstation.com/artist/mettigel

Squad: Pirates mod in the works? :P

that just gave me some sick ideas of 50vs50 ship combat!