Drexciya

Community content WIP thread!

958 posts in this topic

Awesome. We need a bridge for fools road remake. Bring it on!!!!

Lool, that's the first thing that bridge reminded me off as well.

Lol, how much would that cost, Iron?

Wat...

Last time I tried to learn something in UE, it was soo damn complicated.

Just to make a box was a 4 day struggle!  :lol:

lol

Lool, that's the first thing that bridge reminded me off as well.

Wat...

As in, would the man be compensated

Cool.....Haven't. played or seen Fools Road, but hope it can be used.

The bridge is 1012 feet across because I did not have exact blueprints and specs of Lindendorff I had to guess beam sizes based on pictures only and known length of bridge which is 1066 feet.

As it is now each section is 60 ft with a small beam at every 30ft, its 27 ft high and about 36 ft across bridge, the height of bridge with arches is a guesd based on pics. This was a train railway bridge with two tracks and had walkways on both sides all the way across as well as fortified towers at each end for military defence in WW1.

As in, would the man be compensated

I don't think this is something that will be discussed over the forums Shaun. I don't want to see a ''how much will I get for this'' on every modding thread/section or whatever.

Lets all just give our feedback and love. And let the devs handle all of the rest in private :)

Cool.....Haven't. played or seen Fools Road, but hope it can be used.

The bridge is 1012 feet across because I did not have exact blueprints and specs of Lindendorff I had to guess beam sizes based on pictures only and known length of bridge which is 1066 feet.

As it is now each section is 60 ft with a small beam at every 30ft, its 27 ft high and about 36 ft across bridge, the height of bridge with arches is a guesd based on pics. This was a train railway bridge with two tracks and had walkways on both sides all the way across as well as fortified towers at each end for military defence in WW1.

0.jpg

There are lots of bridges pre made and ready for use at 3D sites all over the internet but I didnt see this particular bridge ever being modeled curiously, though I didnt check every site.

Bump! I want to see more awesome stuff!

And I've said this a hundred times, please make a Community Modding section!

I mean, there is so much talent lurking around and I would love to see some more!

Over the last few days, I've started working on a US vs RU map. Right now the playable area is 4km x 4km and the terrain is 6km x 6km. I'm not sure that will fit with how Squad handles maps though so I may have to change that.

Here is an overhead of my plan for it:

1XH5Aez.jpg

If anyone has any feedback on the objective ideas or anything else then I would love to hear it.

Giving you an ideaa - making the gulf twice as bigger and making both forces having to circle it could give two feature : Either russians from abandoned fort or americans from lighthouse point could sneaky swimm across the bay and flank the enemy, making Fobs snd forts at gulf-side is a key of preventing this.

Also placing some key bridges on your rivers, could hold strategical positions as vehiches could only roll throught those.

@SgtStryker
Reminds me Pavlovsk Bay map from PR

@Baltimorex

I was actually planning on doing that at first but the gulf is already pretty large. I think if I made the gulf any bigger the ratio between playable area and water would be too small and swimming across it would be a huge pain. The size of everything doesn't really make it across in the screenshot I posted. I think the things you described could/would already happen in the layout I have, especially if boats are added to the game.

I'll try to add more screenshots once I get some more objects placed into the level to give a better sense of scale.

I'm also planning to have a bridge and a fjord on the northern river.

@Antol

The real life locations of my map and Pavlovsk Bay are actually right up the coast from each other.

Started working on modeling static meshes for the docks on my map. Really looking forward to the first mapping content release so I can start placing things and don't have to model everything.

Here are some shipping containers and dock pieces I've made: 

UaPj4dz.jpg

Here is an overhead shot to give a sense of scale: 

7SYcP2t.jpg

I am busy modeling and texturing/normalmapping of a Aimpoint M2 Red Dot, Please bare in mind this is still a WIP and is subject to change. Guys please tips or ways of getting things done much appreciated!

2qs1e9i.jpg2u7r53p.jpg

Gotta keep the thread alive :D (picture is clickable for high res)

screenshot000i2rk2kfsyy.png

Ohh damn nice mate!, I had actually started with the L85A2 but never got to finish it, nice to see this is coming along better then my high poly version was haha

Ohh damn nice mate!, I had actually started with the L85A2 but never got to finish it, nice to see this is coming along better then my high poly version was haha

Yeah it's a bit of a weird thing. A lot of kitbashed versions that are found in the field, A1 elements, A2 elements, it's a weird thing, but I just love the look of it :D

I want to see more community made stuff!

Greetings everyone, as we all know UE4/Squad is highly moddable and as the UE4 engine is free now I expect we should see a healthy amount of custom content for the game. So I was thinking we could have a thread for community members to show off their creations and get feedback or help if needed. Moderators, If this is the wrong sub-forum for this type of thread, then please move it! 

I can get the ball rolling by showing off a prototype winter map that can be adapted and finished as we get access to the core game modules: http://imgur.com/a/Pn1iR

wow amazing work, you made this in UE? Props. 

guys i will soon post a pair of screens on what im working on (my first weapons-buildings) anyway does anyone know how to enter a building in ue4? i exported one but i cant go into it ...i cant enter:( does anyone know how to do?i searched into ue 4 forums too...nothing...

guys i will soon post a pair of screens on what im working on (my first weapons-buildings) anyway does anyone know how to enter a building in ue4? i exported one but i cant go into it ...i cant enter:( does anyone know how to do?i searched into ue 4 forums too...nothing...

It's a bit hard to say without seeing anything :D

Does it use doors? If yes, did you script the functionality for doors in? If it just has holes without doors did you check the collision mesh if you can actually go through it?

Maybe you'll need to change the collider?

im sorry guys but they are my first steps into creation of videogame in ue 4 so be patient with me ;D <3

_ so...no doors only "holes" lol...just dont know how to set a mesh

_how do/set a collider?

You should totally make a screenshot of what you are talking about! It will help us understand the issue :)