Drexciya

Community content WIP thread!

959 posts in this topic

r0tzbua, I love your mock-up! :)

I think the SQUAD team already has a very talented UI designer who will make sure we don't get half-assed poorly-designed menus, so we don't have to worry too much about that. But I still really enjoy looking at this kind of stuff.

I love the creativity of this community, it shows us dedication and promises us all many years of nice gaming. Keep posting you awesome stuff everyone!

Guys, I once tried to make a map for PR, it was hard but I had some fun. One thing which really helped was to port a satellite image of the region I wanted to recreated and worked on the terrain based in it.

I'd like to try to mock up something for Squad. Where do I begin? Any tutorials? I just want to play around and create a map.  

Guys, I once tried to make a map for PR, it was hard but I had some fun. One thing which really helped was to port a satellite image of the region I wanted to recreated and worked on the terrain based in it.

I'd like to try to mock up something for Squad. Where do I begin? Any tutorials? I just want to play around and create a map.  

Hit me up with a PM if you wanna learn more :)

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88933

That's sliiiiiightly dated (UE3/Cryengine) but still very relevant. And polycount is a fantastic community; set tech talk as your homepage and you'll learn something every day.

Hit me up with a PM if you wanna learn more :)

Will PM after my exams end.

I want to have my map contribution to Squad. :D

Go through the official tutorials by EPIC, they will eventually show you how to start with making maps in UE4 and working with heightmaps.

r0tzbua really like the map, its not too cluttered and easy to read. Its clear and not muddy.

I got a bridge to show soon, been workin on for WW2 map or could use it on a modern map.

r0tzbua really like the map, its not too cluttered and easy to read. Its clear and not muddy.

Thanks man, appreciate it. I'm a sucker for some nice topographical maps, spent waaaay too much time in the Army with 'em :D

r0tzbua, those weapon renders on your website I'd say look real if I didn't now better... sweet shotgun!

While I have a feeling they're making their own, if it ever comes to it, i have a T54/55 tank I'd gladly donate to whoever needs it. Made it 2 years ago so it would probably need some polish, but it's better than starting from scratch.

T-54_Render1.png

T-54_Render2.png

r0tzbua, those weapon renders on your website I'd say look real if I didn't now better... sweet shotgun!

Thanks man, it's kinda old though with the now outdated texturing workflow :)

(And CryEngine still helps making everything look really nice, lol)

While I have a feeling they're making their own, if it ever comes to it, i have a T54/55 tank I'd gladly donate to whoever needs it. Made it 2 years ago so it would probably need some polish, but it's better than starting from scratch.

Pr is looking for a T-55 model ;)

Snip

I really like that UI concept design, good job man.

Haven't done much to this since the last thread other than the sling. WIP highpoly Thompson M1A1.

Oh hi there Mr.Cameron :) How have you been all these years?

Model looks good, BAR next? :P

Nice stuff guys! I love that UI design. I'm currently. working in UE4 on a personal project but once it's done I plan on making some env / pros that would fit into Squads environment. 

Avalanches_19Jan12.jpg.

(Winter in Afganistan)

Can I just say this is just so amazing...just fantastic,can wait to see this on the battlefield!.

Alright I got about two days on this bridge now, photo only shows what I done in a couple of hours.  But this is the 

Ludendorff Bridge

that is in the film Bridge at Ramagen.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludendorff_Bridge

I thought it be perfect map and level to replay a real WW2 battle and use it for modern battles. Im still working on the arches but the front and rear are done.

ludendorffront.jpg

Would love to see some more awesome models being worked on!

Alright I got about two days on this bridge now, photo only shows what I done in a couple of hours. But this is the Ludendorff Bridge

that is in the film Bridge at Ramagen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludendorff_Bridge

I thought it be perfect map and level to replay a real WW2 battle and use it for modern battles. Im still working on the arches but the front and rear are done.

ludendorffront.jpg

Awesome. We need a bridge for fools road remake. Bring it on!!!!

Awesome. We need a bridge for fools road remake. Bring it on!!!!

Lol, how much would that cost, Iron?

I just recently downloaded the UE4 editor and I plan to mess around with it a bit. I doubt I'll be making anything meaningful for a while but maybe someday I'll be able to contribute something to this thread.

same boat.