Drexciya

Community content WIP thread!

958 posts in this topic

Edit: Here's a link to the community modding hub, use it wisely! https://discord.gg/0jXt1Y2dpl9NolWF

Greetings everyone, as we all know UE4/Squad is highly moddable and as the UE4 engine is free now I expect we should see a healthy amount of custom content for the game. So I was thinking we could have a thread for community members to show off their creations and get feedback or help if needed. Moderators, If this is the wrong sub-forum for this type of thread, then please move it! 

I can get the ball rolling by showing off a prototype winter map that can be adapted and finished as we get access to the core game modules: http://imgur.com/a/Pn1iR

Realy great Idea for a Thread! I cant wait to see comminuty created stuff!!!!! :)

My first, little Project at the Start :D

It was just for fun on an Friday Evening

dsrzg9nzdj4xoh-0wnnukepu31.jpg

Cool Kevin, how do you like the editor so far?

Its easy to handle, the Building System feels like Sims with more Options. I like UE4, its very easy to handle as an newbie in this stuff. A many good tutorials on Yotube ect. 

Its easy to handle, the Building System feels like Sims with more Options. I like UE4, its very easy to handle as an newbie in this stuff. A many good tutorials on Yotube ect. 

I agree, UE4 was very easy to learn in the beginning but things get more and more advanced the more ambitious you get :) My favorite engine to work with so far.

Slowly working on some statics when I have some time.

COM201B ANTENNA

Couldn't find any good references on the fly so I just improvised a bit.

0d7f0fb9f6baac706afe8e1197cbfd5f.png

Haven't done much to this since the last thread other than the sling. WIP highpoly Thompson M1A1.

RwTXXuj.jpg

ImpuHBl.jpg

9F0eCcv.jpg

its awsome, i modeled with arma 3 tools so i know a bit about modelling but im new to UE4. Can someone suggest me newbees tutorial on the tube to learn about statics vehicles and weapons? merci:)

oh and by the way is there a way that i can access autodesk maya somehow?or blender is enough easy to use

There's great tutorials linked inside the editor and on the official youtube channel, worth checking out. Blender works fine with UE4 :)

Can we get standard measurements for the statics you are making Devs?

I'm not a dev, but I've asked for some very specific ones (eg. how close can two walls be to each other before it's impossible for two players to pass through it simultaneously side-by-side), but as the game is still in early development these kinds of things are not yet set in stone so they didn't feel it was time to release that kind of information yet.

But largely, it hasn't changed from UE3 (in terms of centimeters): A player is 192cm tall, and chest-height cover is 128cm tall.

========

I'm not a good 3D artist, so I focus on doing stuff in Unreal itself, like this clusterfuck:

7a17a14b07d86ff16404041c9db1db0f.png

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/792-ue4-trench-material/

I really hope you'll have an opportunity in SQUAD to donate that Thompson SMG to a project team, Foist! Looks good! :)

Honestly since they seem to be going for a realism aspect here I would likely just use satilite images to create maps, as someone that works in UE4 I'd love to create a map and so forth but I'd first need access to their structure assets and so forth so that everything matches the actual game.  The most we could do right now is build a terrain.. which while cool is pointless without the building assets to fill in said map.

The snow map is cool OP, but the images you have shared don't show anything relevant.  What factions would play on a snow map? I think for now people would be better off sticking to Middle Eastern style maps because we know that is what the developers h ave up and running at the moment.

Honestly since they seem to be going for a realism aspect here I would likely just use satilite images to create maps, as someone that works in UE4 I'd love to create a map and so forth but I'd first need access to their structure assets and so forth so that everything matches the actual game.  The most we could do right now is build a terrain.. which while cool is pointless without the building assets to fill in said map.

The snow map is cool OP, but the images you have shared don't show anything relevant.  What factions would play on a snow map? I think for now people would be better off sticking to Middle Eastern style maps because we know that is what the developers h ave up and running at the moment.

damn bro be patient...let the developers have fun with whatever they prefer. Anyway they did a good job already with afghan environment now lets let em focus on something else if they want. And btw your questions are strange...do you think that in a snow environment somali pirates would be good??...or australian forces??or MAYB and i say MAYB as soon they r going to hit the second stETCH they r doing russian forces?? i could be wrong but...anyway only the time will explane more precisely

Avalanches_19Jan12.jpg.

(Winter in Afganistan)

That`s one lovely scene m8.Thanks

Last time I tried to learn something in UE, it was soo damn complicated.

Just to make a box was a 4 day struggle!  :lol:

I've been working on an Afghan map using assets from the Unity asset store, so I hope I can figure out a way to export everything to Unreal and actually learn how to use Unreal. ill post some screenies

I just recently downloaded the UE4 editor and I plan to mess around with it a bit. I doubt I'll be making anything meaningful for a while but maybe someday I'll be able to contribute something to this thread.

Might as well post some stuff here. I'm a 3d artist; I'd be very interested in working on Squad (I've sent them an email) but I understand they've specific roles to fill.

Some stuff hosted on my website:

OTs-12 (WebGL view)

thumb-viewer.jpg

EOTech XPS3:

thumb.jpg

There's also a webGL link for the EOTech here

Since squad is a UE4 project I'm sure we'll see all sorts of interesting mods crop up eventually.

I've been working on an Afghan map using assets from the Unity asset store, so I hope I can figure out a way to export everything to Unreal and actually learn how to use Unreal. ill post some screenies

Just make the transition to UE4 as fast as possible, you won't regret it :)

May not be really too fitting, but here is some UI concepts I was working for fun and to get a better grasp on a nice piece of software called Sketch, including some small prototype video, yay.

Main Menu – still very rough, in an in-game version the background "image" would most likely be a level where something moves (trees, birds, maybe a HMMV driving through, that stuff) right now it's simply a stolen Squad image. (all pictures a clickable for a 100% version)

gui--main-menu-thumbgdkws.png

A settings screen where I experimented with different UI patterns like sliders and all that fun, the current slider concept would make the yellow part also clickable where you could simply enter a number for ease of use.

gui--settings-_-videob7jpk.png

And porting it over from another thread, some playing around with topographic maps and a spawn screen:

gui--spawn-screen-v2avluxe.png

Lastly a super-short video with some motion design in it, showing how the transition from one screen to the other could look like:

guimainmenu1qj9yl1urt.jpg