vucgy92

Double tap to stay crouched /leaned etc. ?

So, the possibility to Toggle stances, like this:
2x ctrl = you stay Crouched
2x Q or 2x E = you stay in the Lean position
2x Shift = you keep sprinting

I mostly would love to see this cause its frustrating and actually pretty impossible to Hold crouch , plus lean and hold breath (shift) and even more impossible to move with A or D to and from cover while doing this.

(If someone played the Arma Games he will knew this was in them, and was Damn Helpful)
Devs Plz answer :3         

PS: I Knew there is a toggle button for that actions so you don't have to hold the button , but I personally don't like to have it strictly off or on.    
And that's why I think the "2tap" thing gives players a better experience and more freedom, then to have it simply on or off. 

Edited by vucgy92

A new game, a new experience.

I don't see no benefit in pressing a button twice to toggle if you can toggle a position by pressing the buttons once. What is this good for?

As you said, it's your personal preference but e.g. not mine. So how should the devs handle this situation? Prefer yours, or mine?😆

On 3/29/2016 at 9:07 AM, Planetgong said:

A new game, a new experience.

I don't see no benefit in pressing a button twice to toggle if you can toggle a position by pressing the buttons once. What is this good for?

As you said, it's your personal preference but e.g. not mine. So how should the devs handle this situation? Prefer yours, or mine?

Why cant we have both? Thought of that?

I don't know about doubletap but I personally really need stance indicator asap. I'm constantly confused if crouched or not cause I like to use toggle.

I don't know about doubletap but I personally really need stance indicator asap. I'm constantly confused if crouched or not cause I like to use toggle.

You have a stance indicator already. If you run, and then slow down and your stamina is not getting better: you are crouching.

So, the possibility to Toggle stances, like this:
2x ctrl = you stay Crouched
2x Q or 2x E = you stay in the Lean position
2x Shift = you keep sprinting

I mostly would love to see this cause its frustrating and actually pretty impossible to Hold crouch , plus lean and hold breath (shift) and even more impossible to move with A or D to and from cover while doing this.

(If someone played the Arma Games he will knew this was in them, and was Damn Helpful)
Devs Plz answer :3         

PS: I Knew there is a toggle button for that actions so you don't have to hold the button , but I personally don't like to have it strictly off or on.    

And that's why I think the "2tap" thing gives players a better experience and more freedom, then to have it simply on or off. 

+1 I also would like a function like this

1 hour ago, Planetgong said:

You have a stance indicator already. If you run, and then slow down and your stamina is not getting better: you are crouching. emoji6.png

That's...well..no. If indicator is too much then make a little C on the right bottom corner or something. I know when I'm prone but the difference between crouch and standing when not near buildings is just sometimes hard to notice. Maybe this is just my problem.

That's...well..no. If indicator is too much then make a little C on the right bottom corner or something. I know when I'm prone but the difference between crouch and standing when not near buildings is just sometimes hard to notice. Maybe this is just my problem.

No it is not only yours. I often walk crouched, coz i don't know i do. And if i try to run afterwards, i notice i have no stamina. Sometimes therefore i get shot. So it was my fault NOT looking at my stamina, if it regains or not. And afterwards i'm looking more often on the right bottom of my monitor, just to make sure i'm able to run if i need to.

For me it's positive not to get shown everything on the monitor. It keeps me thinking about what i'm doing, and why. To be honest, i love the moments when i see, i made something wrong, and i try to do it better next time

9 hours ago, LionRock said:

9 hours ago, LionRock said:

8 hours ago, Planetgong said:

No it is not only yours. I often walk crouched, coz i don't know i do. And if i try to run afterwards, i notice i have no stamina. Sometimes therefore i get shot. So it was my fault NOT looking at my stamina, if it regains or not. And afterwards i'm looking more often on the right bottom of my monitor, just to make sure i'm able to run if i need to.

For me it's positive not to get shown everything on the monitor. It keeps me thinking about what i'm doing, and why. To be honest, i love the moments when i see, i made something wrong, and i try to do it better next timeemoji2.png

OR. we could just have Loins' little "c" thing going on and then nobody has anything to complain about  . . .

waiting to see if your stamina moves is not the indicator we need - another compensation for RL awareness in-game that is required.

2x<key> controls are one of the most annoying things about ArmA, hate it. no reason not to have the option tho.

ps:how to delete accidentally added Quotes in reply? (as above) there is a move control, that does'nt work, but no remove/delete option