M.I.K.E.

My 690 gtx died today, buy a 970 or 980 for Squad?

My GTX690 died today, i have artifacts over my whole screen even on reboot and in post screen (never overclocked). 

Should i buy the 970 or 980 for squad? 

Planning to build a new pc next year (Cannonlake - Pascal).

My current system: 3770K @4.6Ghz - 16GB RAM - SSD - GTX 690 - WIN 10 64bit - 850W PSU Corsair.

EDIT: Bought a GTX980, it will keep me happy untill next year.

You are fine with that CPU. I got a i7-2600k at 4.5ghz, 980 sc, 2 1tb HDD, 120gb SSD, 8 GB ram, Win 10 64bit. I recommend you getting the new GPU's that come out later this year, or a 980.

2 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

You are fine with that CPU. I got a i7-2600k at 4.5ghz, 980 sc, 2 1tb HDD, 120gb SSD, 8 GB ram, Win 10 64bit. I recommend you getting the new GPU's that come out later this year, or a 980.

Did you even read my thread? :) i need a gpu now.

Just now, Switch0r said:

Did you even read my thread? :)

Yes i have, I just dont know if you are planning on building a new one with a better CPU and selling that one :P I guess i didnt need to say that. I recommend the 980 :P

You will be just fine with a GTX 970 but if you can afford it and/or feel like spending twice as much money for +20% performance then go for it.

I have a 960, and to be fair, I think you're better off going with a 980, or be "That guy" and get a 1080 when that comes out later this year for who knows how much. 

Personally I would get a 4gb 960 (save a few quid over the 970) now, then sell the whole rig and buy what you want moving forward.

Edited by ShoshinUK

14 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

I have a 960, and to be fair, I think you're better off going with a 980, or be "That guy" and get a 1080 when that comes out later this year for who knows how much. 

The 960 is only a bit faster than a 680.

18 hours ago, Switch0r said:

My GTX690 died today, i have artifacts over my whole screen even on reboot and in post screen (never overclocked). 

Should i buy the 970 or 980 for squad? 

Planning to build a new pc next year (Cannonlake - Pascal).

My current system: 3770K @4.6Ghz - 16GB RAM - SSD - GTX 690 - WIN 10 64bit - 850W PSU Corsair

My 780 left me without reason month ago, i decided to buy the best 970 in commerce instead of a 980, because it's better qualitity/price...970 it's more then enough.

Ok i got the MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G, with free tom clancy the division :) 

Is this nvidia driver good 364.72   ? 

This will do untill i build a new pc next year.

Ok the GTX980 runs around 65c at 100% load on Squad, maybe i need to use afterburner fan profiles?

7 minutes ago, Switch0r said:

Ok the GTX980 runs around 65c at 100% load on Squad, maybe i need to use afterburner fan profiles?

Nope. The temps are fine. Normal. If the temps goes over 95c then you can start to worry.

Edited by Dundish

19 hours ago, Switch0r said:

Love to know what you run at on 72 slot full servers etc mate?

1 hour ago, ShoshinUK said:

Love to know what you run at on 72 slot full servers etc mate?

This is around 45 and 70 fps (average fps= 60) with all settings on epic, but if you play it with a 970 or a 980ti the average fps wil be same the game is cpu heavy atm.

I just wanted a replacement for my broken 690 and bought the 980, i will sell the card next year if i build my new system thats why i did not bought the ti version.

The game engine will be changed and optimized if its released so in the end a better GPU will be better.