Sign in to follow this  
Ziggy

Medic comms

So i started a thread in the discussion forum about the medic map/role and came to think maybe dedicated medic comms could be a really good addition to the game...   It would work like the SL comms with key 'x' being squad level comms between the squad and its 2 medics and key 'y' medic to medic comms between squads... I feel this kind of communication is more suited to the ethos of squad than map icons? 

The comms are usually quite cluttered already without adding an extra channel. If some squad needs to borrow another squad's medics it's easy enough to communicate this request squad leader to squad leader.

There is absolutely no reason for an extra medic comm, unless i'll be able to mute it

It worked before the update, it's still working after the update. Only because some guys are now too lazy to use the comms as before, there is no reason for another channel

It should help to de-clutter comms as only medics should be able to hear it. So a downed player could call in their position without impeding on the usual channels...

It should help to de-clutter comms as only medics should be able to hear it. So a downed player could call in their position without impeding on the usual channels...

But since the update they don't need to call their position. The medics are able to see them on the map

Edit And: more comms means more information for the cpu to work with. Ergo more fps drops.

I think this is one of the reasons for the new UI for medics. Less communication on the channels means more stable FPS

yeah I get you but the new system takes away from the whole 'communication is key' element of the game (IMO). I know it's been implamented to try and declutter the radio but I just think a dedicated medic channel on the radio could do this better and be more in keeping with the game

yeah I get you but the new system takes away from the whole 'communication is key' element of the game (IMO). I know it's been implamented to try and declutter the radio but I just think a dedicated medic channel on the radio could do this better and be more in keeping with the game

Yes communication is the key and the bottleneck of the game. See my edit above

On servers with more than 50 people on it , a lot of guys report problems with the performance. Keep in mind, this is just the half size as the devs want to go. They want servers with 100 players

4 minutes ago, Planetgong said:

On servers with more than 50 people on it , a lot of guys report problems with the performance. Keep in mind, this is just the half size as the devs want to go. They want servers with 100 players

I'm pretty sure a lot of that is due to the fact we are only half way into alpha dev.. I fully expect crappy performance until it hits beta testing.

I'm pretty sure a lot of that is due to the fact we are only half way into alpha dev.. I fully expect crappy performance until it hits beta testing.

Yes, i got no problems with it too, i'm a AMD user.

I disagree with the comms. Medic already gets enough shit, you're asking to open a direct line of bullshit my way? If I had a dollar for every time some troll just kept shouting medic, or my name, or spamming local chat. I've refused a revive from someone spamming snooooooooooooooooob on the local coms for a 5 minute firefight. I told him twice to be quiet so the medic can focus, clear area and get ppl up. Obviously that didn't help. I walked away and left him there. I got tked by that SL's squad collectively once each person. He told them all I was a tk, or not reviving, or a bad medic or whatever.

This is what medics have to deal with, no wonder people don't ever choose the class, its someone to blame.

I suggested a function on the map where squad members could ping medics (once). Medics can either press page up to accept or page down to decline, or select on map.

This keeps people out of comms crying for medic, and the channels open for tactical info. It relays to the downed player, who has nothing better to do then read a blank screen or look at the map. that a medic sees he is down and will attend when possible.

4 minutes ago, snoob said:

I disagree with the comms. Medic already gets enough shit, you're asking to open a direct line of bullshit my way? If I had a dollar for every time some troll just kept shouting medic, or my name, or spamming local chat. I've refused a revive from someone spamming snooooooooooooooooob on the local coms for a 5 minute firefight. I told him twice to be quiet so the medic can focus, clear area and get ppl up. Obviously that didn't help. I walked away and left him there. I got tked by that SL's squad collectively once each person. He told them all I was a tk, or not reviving, or a bad medic or whatever.

This is what medics have to deal with, no wonder people don't ever choose the class, its someone to blame.

I suggested a function on the map where squad members could ping medics (once). Medics can either press page up to accept or page down to decline, or select on map.

This keeps people out of comms crying for medic, and the channels open for tactical info. It relays to the downed player, who has nothing better to do then read a blank screen or look at the map. that a medic sees he is down and will attend when possible.

I read that, the pinging and queuing idea is really nice, at the moment I find it impossible. Problem is idiots are still gonna abuse comms no matter what, unless SL gets some option to mute idiots ;) 

I think it could work guys. Medic comms "G" key same as SL to SL (in their own medic channel)   BUT...only the first medic to join the Squad gets the "G" Medic to Medic comms, second medic to join still works off "B" & "V".