Iron   
38 minutes ago, RaulO4 said:

about sniper rifles

would we really want Sniper role? like a full blown class in Squad? 

I would.  I think it would add something different to the game.  How comfortable will you be building that mega FOB on the hill then?  Hehehe

RaulO4   

would that not take the world "Camping" to a whole new level? :D 

personality i wouldnt care one way or another, just that the Devs focus on the other classes like the Brecher before Sniper. that be some tricky class to get right.  

3 hours ago, Iron said:

I would.  I think it would add something different to the game.  How comfortable will you be building that mega FOB on the hill then?  Hehehe

Very comfortable once we find you with a mortar

Iron   
1 minute ago, Devland99 said:

Very comfortable once we find you with a mortar

Good luck with that! :P    :ph34r:

Friesen   

It's not too weak. I've played SVD the other day and had 28 kills at the end of the round and a guy just below me had perhaps around 18 kills only.

Iron   
On 3/31/2016 at 5:30 PM, Friesen said:

It's not too weak. I've played SVD the other day and had 28 kills at the end of the round and a guy just below me had perhaps around 18 kills only.

Once you get used to the optics it's deadly as hell.  Led my squad in kills last night a couple of times.  It's nice to sit back and cover a flanking route or clear out the entry to an objective for my squad.  

St0rMyy   
On 28. 3. 2016 at 0:51 PM, Shovely Joe said:

I searched, and even though im sure this must have been mentioned at some point, I couldn't find a thread.

Since the russians gained new scope(s?) for the AK - which I think is fine, and for the SVD - which is really bad.

I get that the devs don't want the SVD or other snipers in the future to be too big of a factor. but....

the SVD takes 2 shots to kill unless you make a headshot, which is pretty hard with the low magnificationscope attached to it. it only has 4 magazines making a strategy of lying far away and giving overwatch is next to useless. Snipers don't have a bino, so actually they don't really have the ability to spot out enemys for their squad. on top of all this there is a team-max sniper counter, not just 1 per squad, every squad cant even have one. - which ofcourse doesn't really matter since it's so bad anyway... I just dont get it.

The AK with scope is better than the sniper in ALL aspects, i have yet to see the ak be more inaccurate than the SVD, same scope, automatic fire, more ammo, still 2 shots to kill... what is the SVD even doing in the game? 

The sniperkit needs to be improved in some way tbh... at the very least give him a pair of binoculars. A ghilly suit would be nice as well. make a top torso shot a one kill hit or give him better magnification (this might be unrealistic or what ever - its a game).

if it's not getting improved might as well just take the sniper out of the game... I think.

What do you guys think of the SVD or future snipers, and their roles?

AMMO CAPACITY SUCKS ??? really....this is not CoD this is real....real SVD have 10 bullets in mag...

3 hours ago, St0rMyy said:

AMMO CAPACITY SUCKS ??? really....this is not CoD this is real....real SVD have 10 bullets in mag...

well maybe if you read my post before going caps lock, you would see that my point on capacity is about how many magazines the role carries and not about the numbers rounds per magazine. since you carry 40 rounds as a DMR with effectively the same damage / almost same penetration capacity as the AK with scope which carries 150 rounds if im not mistaken, with automatic fire and doesnt take up a fire support role.

I don't see any problems at all with the SVD in its current state, it works just fine. IMO it's the best gun in the game right now.

It's dumb that they added the 110 and put an acog scope on it, why not just wait until high magnification scopes are added.

One shot kills should be reserved for .50 cal bullets and above, which in this current version I don't think even happens (for balance or something).

Sidhuken   

A dedicated sniper team of 2 players per team with a bolt action sniper and a spotter would be pretty cool in my opinion, especially on those larger maps. But maybe when servers can hold more players that would fit in better.

On 3/28/2016 at 7:35 PM, Pvt. Lewis said:

I agree! Any caliber even NEAR the svd should put you down with ONE shot from waist up. I still think the 7.62 Ak47 should do the same. And ALL bullets should at least slow you down or knock you back temporarily. It's ridiculous that they still haven't added bullet hit reactions. 

Agreed!!