4 hours ago, Converge said:

I agree i wouldnt mind a very slight change.  Maybe 1 more magazine, added binoculars, and make upper chest area/neck 1 hit kill along with the head, obviously.  thats not really changing much.  even the way it is now ive done exceptionally well with the SVD on the forest maps.  30+ kills/single digit deaths while still sticking with the squad and hitting objectives.  it can be used well.  even at long distance it is a good suppression tool if the enemy was dumb enough to put a FOB out in the open.  you can really slow down an advancing squad.

Hell, ive taken out an entire squad before by myself with 2 mags using the SVD.  its not too hard to get those 2 hits.

It doesn't matter that you've had good games with the weapon. The simple fact is that you would have been able to do more damage with any other scoped weapon because the SVD is so outclassed right now. 

Converge   
2 minutes ago, BloodLust said:

It doesn't matter that you've had good games with the weapon. The simple fact is that you would have been able to do more damage with any other scoped weapon because the SVD is so outclassed right now. 

Whatever you say......

These are just opinions.  nothing more nothing less.

I think the SVD will become more effective when penalties will be added when being shot.

I think they should decrease the bleeding time when shot in the torso to like 10s. That means that if you don't bandage yourself within 10s => incapicate.

So there is two option :

1)- you lay down and bandage your self => 2 shot kill but the second shot is easier.

2)- you try to dodge the bullets but you'll bleed out => one shot kill indirectly .

I agree on the fact that that direct 1 shot kill shouldn't be implemented except if hit in the head

Converge   

That depends.  i dont know how complex hit box systems are now a days.  obviously if you take a bullet of any size through the heart youre toast too.  i dont think a system complex enough to take things like that into consideration are possible.  could be wrong.  probably just left with "head/mid section/arms/legs/feet"

Gorzu   
6 hours ago, BloodLust said:

"any other scoped weapon" 

There is only one other 4x scoped weapon in the game, the M4-ACOG. The AK's have a MUCH lower zoom on theirs so they are useless as DMR/snipers.

You need two shots to down someone immediately but they can also bleed out in a  relatively short amount of time.

In PR you can shoot people in legs and make them black & white(mostly combat ineffective + bleedout very soon), I'm not sure how long it takes for people to bleed out from getting shot while full health in Squad(never tested it).  But the PR damage system is good.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

samogon   
On 29.03.2016 at 1:58 PM, ZiGreen said:

I don't think we should have one-shot firearms ingame, but I agree that extra damage is wasted. I think, solution could be found with additional wound mechanics, like stopping, slowing down, screen shaking etc for hitted player to prevent him from immediate actions after 7.62 round catch.

It's question of damage system,not a particular gun.

I very much like RO/RO2 damage system.Just add armor simulation and it's gonna be very very good.

Edit:You have very weak chance to survive rifle shot.Even arm or leg shot.Torso shot always means death.Even today not every armor vest may protect this,so 1 shot kill It's not even worst idea.

Edited by samogon

IMHO, SVD bullets at this time are of warfare are kind of on a fine line.

Most modern day armour will be able to stop the bullet of an SVD but you'd probably spend the rest of the day sitting in the sidelines coughing up blood!

So make it two shots to down and the SVD seems worthless, make it one shot to down and it will be bullsh!t OP.

Honestly, lets just wait until DMR's get fully dedicated into the game and then we can work from there!

samogon   
17 minutes ago, I_hate_usernames said:

Most modern day armour will be able to stop the bullet of an SVD but you'd probably spend the rest of the day sitting in the sidelines coughing up blood!

Not every armor and not every bullet.

SAPI can protect standart Rifle round.ESAPI - AP but they heavier.

but what if bullet hit non plated place.

Edited by samogon

suds   

more ammo would be fine. a smart sniper will wait for the head shot or until the target is away from cover. 

Perhaps a nice balancer would be some improved camo. Particularly at long range. 

I'd love to need to walk over to a tree/bush/patch of grass and spend a short time sticking that foliage on my suit.

Damage balance is good for SVD shot givers and receivers. No change needed

Play smarter :)

Iron   

Why are there two pages to this thread?  The guy obviously can't shoot.  I actually prefer the SVD for engagements.  LoL

samogon   
2 hours ago, MikeDude said:

We need to put this in the FAQ

Q: Is the SVD a sniper?

A: No

A:Yes.This is sefl-loading sniper rifle.Don't even try to explain me this is DMR.They're been created before this term even appears.But fact is - all modern DMR have SVD conception.

SVD

3 hours ago, MattersEnd said:

Then you're fucked.

Exacly.Most armor vests have huge weak spots,protected only by kevlar.

Edited by samogon

2 hours ago, MikeDude said:

We need to put this in the FAQ

Q: Is the SVD a sniper?

A: No

The difference in sniper and marksman is in the tactics used, not the weapon. IRL the same semi-auto long range rifles are used by both marksmen and snipers. You cannot make the weapon less effective at sniping without also making it less effective than it should be in the hands of a designated marksman. The game already has balances against sniping by having to join a squad to use it, and if you decide to be Mr. Sneaky-Snake-Lonewolf on a hilltop then you should be kicked by the squad leader.  

IMHO, SVD bullets at this time are of warfare are kind of on a fine line.

So make it two shots to down and the SVD seems worthless, make it one shot to down and it will be bullsh!t OP.

Honestly, lets just wait until DMR's get fully dedicated into the game and then we can work from there!

Honestly if you get hit with any rifle round in a SAPI plate you might not have any serious long term injuries but you sure as fuck won't be effective in a firefight anymore. I know a few people who were hit with 7.62 (most likely from SVD's) in Iraq and they all were knocked unconscious by the impact and had a few broken ribs to deal with. Not something I would ever want to experience.

MikeDude   
On 28-3-2016 at 4:34 PM, IrOnTaXi said:

With current loadouts and team configurations increased optics doesnt make much sense.  (not to mention the maps arent really meant for them at this time) 

However, with the inclusion of vehicles in general and the ever expanding size of the maps I could see more optic zoom in the future. 

Of course.. then you will all claim you can make 1000m shots in battle conditions reliably and our multi tour of duty Marine Game designer doesn't know what he is talking about..   lol. 

We have heard it all my friends!

All the decision we make now are a mix of gameplay concerns in the current form of the game and limitations of our old animation system. 

I expect the entire system will be vastly different when we are done with them. 

This is the placeholder lads.. we will joke and laugh about it in 1.5 years or so.  

Sigh.... Read ^ And read it carefully. And please remember this in all future threads/posts about the same old.

2 hours ago, BloodLust said:

The difference in sniper and marksman is in the tactics used, not the weapon. IRL the same semi-auto long range rifles are used by both marksmen and snipers. You cannot make the weapon less effective at sniping without also making it less effective than it should be in the hands of a designated marksman. The game already has balances against sniping by having to join a squad to use it, and if you decide to be Mr. Sneaky-Snake-Lonewolf on a hilltop then you should be kicked by the squad leader.  

That's basically what I meant. SVD is and should not be considered a sniper in it's current form and with it's current mechanics.

Iron   
23 hours ago, BloodLust said:

I think there is still a place for that type of game play.  Snipers/Lonewolf has it's place.  I personally like to do this once in a while to disrupt the enemy.  It only becomes problematic when numerous people do it.  Remember this isn't COD or Battlefield so having the hilltop(bush) sniper can be effective.  Like it has been said they have balanced the game by making it necessary to be in a squad.  

RaulO4   

i dont see the problem with it with iron use, if i was a SL i will tell my sniper with one other guy to get on a hill and provide cover fire..

on the balancing part, well... in terms of Gameplay not Realism right i normally like the rule,

a single shot sniper kills with one bullet (chest and up)

an auto sniper kills with 2 bullets (chest)

in terms of gameplay of course

Edited by RaulO4

2 hours ago, Iron said:

I think there is still a place for that type of game play.  Snipers/Lonewolf has it's place.  I personally like to do this once in a while to disrupt the enemy.  It only becomes problematic when numerous people do it.  Remember this isn't COD or Battlefield so having the hilltop(bush) sniper can be effective.  Like it has been said they have balanced the game by making it necessary to be in a squad.  

I agree with you, I only mean in the current state of the game since there aren't any sniper roles.