fatalsushi

What's going to be in V6

52 minutes ago, arbopa said:

You want to talk IRL?   Tell me about how with that 150 pound pack you can jump to a prone position and instantly be on target as well to one shot people 100 yards away.     Yeah, you can't.     But that's what happens now.     

For IRL if there are many thinks you can do, like drop what's in your hand to switch to your rifle real quick, without long animations...  but the latter is what we have now.  SHould be the case for hitting the deck and getting up as well.

I'd like to see these soldiers that go into combat with a 150 pound pack. Your average soldier weighs almost as much! And okay, so the solution is to remove the ability to take cover quickly? How about just make it impossible to aim down sights while switching stance, give some sort of accuracy debuff during it, remove the ability to fire entirely if you have to. 

I bet you'd be calling bullshit if you got killed by some guy that you saw, but couldn't get in cover in time, because your character thinks he's on the goddamn shooting range and preparing a prone firing position instead of in combat. 

2 hours ago, CplJonttu said:

and fire back in mid-air if you have to.

HAHAHAHHHAAA 

Ok, Neo, thanks for making my day.

Just now, LugNut said:

HAHAHAHHHAAA 

Ok, Neo, thanks for making my day.

I didn't say the objective was to hit anything, it's supressing fire.

Cpljonttu- average marching load was approx 127lbs, avg rifleman weight is approx 178 lbs (US) - source Natick labs

smokyhook, yes, but on a march you're carrying basically everything you'd possibly need in the field, but in the type of combat situations Squad is all about, in which both teams are attacking from an established FOB or whatever HQ the main is, they'd leave most of their shit back there and only take the essentials. No one is going to haul a sleeping bag and extra pairs of underwear, etc when they're expecting to assault a town under hostile control.

Back to original topic , you're in favor of keeping the ability to hit prone while simultaneously putting out accurate fire?

No, that much should be obvious from my earlier posts, I just think the "dolphin dive" or a fast way to get prone should be included and your ability to take cover under fire shouldn't be hindered. 

Dolphin diving complaints I get but what about the side to side strafing then?  It's still a video game. If you get rid of bunny hopping, and dolphin dives, get rid of wriggle worms too.

3 hours ago, CplJonttu said:

I'd like to see these soldiers that go into combat with a 150 pound pack. Your average soldier weighs almost as much! And okay, so the solution is to remove the ability to take cover quickly? How about just make it impossible to aim down sights while switching stance, give some sort of accuracy debuff during it, remove the ability to fire entirely if you have to. 

I bet you'd be calling bullshit if you got killed by some guy that you saw, but couldn't get in cover in time, because your character thinks he's on the goddamn shooting range and preparing a prone firing position instead of in combat. 

If I can't get to cover quick enough and get shot, it's my own damn fault.    You shouldn't be running running running and suddenly see someone and be able to go instant prone while targeting them.   Period.    This is not COD or any of the numerous other arcade shooters.

1 hour ago, smokyhook said:

Yeah it looks like I might've misread some of your posts.

Don't be reasonable. You might break the Internet. Even hinting these things could cause a blackhole to form in the middle of this forum! :D

3 minutes ago, RaTzo said:

Don't be reasonable. You might break the Internet. Even hinting these things could cause a blackhole to form in the middle of this forum! :D

Help, help I've fallen down a reasonably sized hole.

1 hour ago, RoyAwesome said:

You guys are experts at turning random topics into slap fights.  

you don't know what you are talking about.

his is not COD or any of the numerous other arcade shooters.

people logic, 

say its not CoD and its Auto Win. 

sometimes it makes sense and then there are times you dont even know what CoD has to do with this.

luckily, this is not CoD or any form of other forums xD 

edit: back joke but i dont think this will be a issue. i wonder if the Devs are planning to have animation for going into prone. that animation is all the pause for your mistake you need.

Edited by RaulO4

1 hour ago, RaulO4 said:

people logic, 

say its not CoD and its Auto Win. 

sometimes it makes sense and then there are times you dont even know what CoD has to do with this.

luckily, this is not CoD or any form of other forums xD 

Feel free to quote where I said one must win?    Good luck with that.

You'd be better off sticking to what was said instead of making crap up. 

Just now, arbopa said:

Feel free to quote where I said one must win?    Good luck with that.

You'd be better off sticking to what was said instead of making crap up. 

you so miss the bad joke and irony of my post.

dont blame you...its a bad joke

20 hours ago, RoyAwesome said:

You guys are experts at turning random topics into slap fights.  

That's why I'd like to be possible to put quotes in the signature!

6 minutes ago, Romagnolo said:

That's why I'd like to be possible to put quotes in the signature!

He knows it takes a lot of teamwork & communication to have a decent fight. Hell, it's what Squad is built on..........or was that UE4.

On 2016/4/1 at 4:14 AM, Bunions said:

Dolphin diving complaints I get but what about the side to side strafing then?  It's still a video game. If you get rid of bunny hopping, and dolphin dives, get rid of wriggle worms too.

Wriggle worm is absurd and should be squashed. I think the devs will redo movement once the animation system is rewritten so hopefully the worm will go away as well.

I think dolphin dive should remain, you just have a negative buff to accurately return fire instantly (this is the fundamental current gameplay issue right?) etc.

Of course along with jumping, climbing there should be a very small random chance you receive a minor injury, impairing your movement for a while. I recon I would drop to the ground quick if fired upon and not overly consider my terrain/situation.