Jump to content
cyreda

Please more max 50 player servers!!

Recommended Posts

Right now there are mostly 72 player servers where I get FPS from 28 to 45 which is frustrating as hell and really hard to play and aim. I was playing in a server which had 25 vs 25 and my fps was around 60-80 and the game felt completely different, I could actually control my recoil and control the SAW rounds. We need more servers that don't allow more than 50 players! The game feels so much better then, right now the animation system is SO BAD that my i7 4770k fries when we have 72 players in the server.

Just consider guys. This game is not ready for 72 players, not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Don't think most server owners would agree with you,,well only if you're an AMD user,lol.

i7 4770k like i said, it has nothing to do with GPU tho, i have gtx 980. So no AMD. Just really bad optimization.

Edited by cyreda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cyreda said:

i7 4770k like i said, it has nothing to do with GPU tho, i have gtx 980. So no AMD. Just really bad optimization.

Well sir,you should be kicking ass with that type of hardware....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Well sir,you should be kicking ass with that type of hardware....

Yep :D But the game just fries my CPU when we have so many players in the server. I dont know how thats possible tho, is the unreal engine animations system just that bad? Like running all the animations at all times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you experimented with the game settings?

Settings: Medium (texture high, AF16x, AA off, vsy off, les off)

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Have you experimented with the game settings?

Settings: Medium (texture high, AF16x, AA off, vsy off, les off)

Yes. All low, no effect on FPS. Its all CPU related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is deff some issues with servers over 50 pop, I can get 70-100 fps in 64-72 man servers which is much better then when it first released on steam but the game play is nowhere near as fluid or solid as 50 and lower pop servers.There is just a big falloff in fluidity and reliability once you push past 50,you get a lot of weird stuff going on with hit detection and other strange things at times, I am sure with the coming updates this will get way better but I really wish the would have capped the pop at 50 max in till the animation system got redone and they had time to optimize things a bit more.

This would have saved quite a few of the negative reviews for performance on steam, even a lot of the amd guys can have playable frame rates on the lower pop servers. I hope when it is all said and done we have 100 pop servers that play as smooth as 50 pops do now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's weird because I got a GTX 980 and a 5 years old CPU (i5-2500k), no issues with lag...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, bilsantu said:

I wish all servers were multiples of 9.

Yes, totally agree (although in reality it's multiples of 18 that is required). 

No idea why some guys think 64p is a valid Squad server config.

18, 36, 54, 72, 90. I wish Server admins would configure the servers in multiples of 18 - no excuse not to be in a Squad at that point).

Cheers,

egg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, eggman said:

Yes, totally agree (although in reality it's multiples of 18 that is required). 

No idea why some guys think 64p is a valid Squad server config.

18, 36, 54, 72, 90. I wish Server admins would configure the servers in multiples of 18 - no excuse not to be in a Squad at that point).

Cheers,

egg

That's also a pretty good point man. 54 would be the magic number for the game's current state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, 72 player servers run very bad when they are populated for all of us in my group. We set a rule we don't play on them anymore because of that. Getting shot behind cover is a very common thing you experience on these 72 player servers because of the huge delay (I think I have been told that Squad servers are running on 14 tick right now, which is really low but understandable because they are trying to create a huge battlefield, optimisation will come and desired goals achieved hopefully with higher tick rate in the future...). Also another thing, a little offtopic,  maps like OP First Light, Logar, and Chora are way too small for 72 players, its very chaotic. Kohat, which is the best map so far is very nice for 72 people. I believe when they fix vehicle rubberband issue, some of these problems will be fixed too. But yeah, until then only 50 player servers for us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There is deff some issues with servers over 50 pop, I can get 70-100 fps in 64-72 man servers which is much better then when it first released on steam but the game play is nowhere near as fluid or solid as 50 and lower pop servers.There is just a big falloff in fluidity and reliability once you push past 50,you get a lot of weird stuff going on with hit detection and other strange things at times, I am sure with the coming updates this will get way better but I really wish the would have capped the pop at 50 max in till the animation system got redone and they had time to optimize things a bit more.

This would have saved quite a few of the negative reviews for performance on steam, even a lot of the amd guys can have playable frame rates on the lower pop servers. I hope when it is all said and done we have 100 pop servers that play as smooth as 50 pops do now.

70-100 FPS on a 72 servers ?

I get 40-60 FPS on a 72 server with a 4790k @4.6ghz and gtx980ti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah more 52 player servers would be nice,

I was doing some testing today on any AMD performance tweaks. I've found most visual settings won't help raise fps in a server with 64+. While audio tweaks have been giving me better luck (due to the xaudio amd issue) - These settings occasionally cause Rogue bullets to kill you (since you can't hear them), and sometimes VOIP will be cut off and you will miss certain commands. I was able to pull 25-40 fps on kohat w/ 72. Still unplayable but the stuttering and freezing i was getting with a fresh unmolested ini? This fixed it right up.

 

[Audio]
MaxChannels=32
UnfocusedVolumeMultiplier=0.3

MaximumConcurrentStreams=8

Defaults are:

[Audio]
MaxChannels=128
UnfocusedVolumeMultiplier=0.5

MaximumConcurrentStreams=10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an AMD FX 8320 @4.6Ghz and an R9-390 with +100Mhz on the core, and let me say first; this latest update has been a boon for me, with only a few minor ini tweaks, I am getting a solid 50-60 FPS with up to 40-45 players. once it goes above that, it starts to drop. unplayable for me after about 60, it starts hitting the low/mid 30's which I can't do. My shadows are off, but my view distance, effects, and AA are all maxed, as well as textures. the AO, Blur, and Bloom effects are off.

I do agree though, that I would like to see more 45-55 player limited servers. As it stands now, I don't play any that are 72, unless there are 50 or less players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have similarly spec'd hardware.

FX 8350 @ 4.3ghz

m5a99fx r2

r9 270 2gb with +100mhz core

I can report similar gains, could you put what ini tweaks are you running? Specifically Max channels #

You should be able to get away with shadows being on on 50 player servers, what kind of performance hit do you get with low and 512?

shadows are low and 1024 on my end and i see maybe only 1 to 3 fps drop average compared to it off.

 

 

Edited by snoob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, cyreda said:

Right now there are mostly 72 player servers where I get FPS from 28 to 45 which is frustrating as hell and really hard to play and aim. I was playing in a server which had 25 vs 25 and my fps was around 60-80 and the game felt completely different, I could actually control my recoil and control the SAW rounds. We need more servers that don't allow more than 50 players! The game feels so much better then, right now the animation system is SO BAD that my i7 4770k fries when we have 72 players in the server.

Just consider guys. This game is not ready for 72 players, not even close.

You need to upgrade to an i9 cpu !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snoob said:

yeah more 52 player servers would be nice,

I was doing some testing today on any AMD performance tweaks. I've found most visual settings won't help raise fps in a server with 64+. While audio tweaks have been giving me better luck (due to the xaudio amd issue) - These settings occasionally cause Rogue bullets to kill you (since you can't hear them), and sometimes VOIP will be cut off and you will miss certain commands. I was able to pull 25-40 fps on kohat w/ 72. Still unplayable but the stuttering and freezing i was getting with a fresh unmolested ini? This fixed it right up.

 

[Audio]
MaxChannels=32
UnfocusedVolumeMultiplier=0.3

MaximumConcurrentStreams=8

Defaults are:

[Audio]
MaxChannels=128
UnfocusedVolumeMultiplier=0.5

MaximumConcurrentStreams=10

Lower maxchannels to 16 that might give you another little boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2016 at 0:16 PM, cyreda said:

Right now there are mostly 72 player servers where I get FPS from 28 to 45 which is frustrating as hell and really hard to play and aim. I was playing in a server which had 25 vs 25 and my fps was around 60-80 and the game felt completely different, I could actually control my recoil and control the SAW rounds. We need more servers that don't allow more than 50 players! The game feels so much better then, right now the animation system is SO BAD that my i7 4770k fries when we have 72 players in the server.

Just consider guys. This game is not ready for 72 players, not even close.

Well, I hate to be a downer, but the game is defintley ready for 72+ player servers.  I think you are having a software/hardware issue on your end.  Take note of the following:

 

1.  I have an i3-6100 (it is two generations newer than your 4th generation i7), 4 gigs of ram (yes, you read that right, 4 gigs), a gtx950 and a 120g ssd that i install games on.

2. I get from 40-60 fps at all times on 72 max servers during intense firefights.  

 

So, there are a number of issues you may be having, but I doubt it is possible to pin point exactly what they are.  Maybe your windows install is old/fragmented, not fresh?  Maybe the unreal engine 4 is really happy with the new skylake cpu architecture but not the older versions (no disrespect to your cpu its a beast for sure, but just not for squad?), or there are numerous other things we simply don't know about your set up.  

 

Bottom line is you will have to wait for a revamp of the animation system which will (hopefully) increase performance accross the board.  But the statement that squad is poorly optimized and not ready for 72+ player servers is completely false as can be testified by anyone of the 72 players in the 72player maxed out servers everyday :)

Edited by MattersEnd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it's a game issue, not a user side. All games like BF, RO2, etc have a constant 60+ fps on 64 players servers. In SQUAD, if server has 55+ players, i go down from 65 to 38-42 fps, moreover, weird stuff happens as was mentioned above( you die behind a cover, you die in 1-2 seconds after being slightly hit when you are already in a cover, etc.). Smokes and 20+ people shooting simultaneously at one spot decrease it by 10.

intel i5 4460, 

Radeon R9 270X,

8GB ram,

Win 10

Edited by Kopets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kopets said:

No, it's a game issue, not a user side.

Ok.  I'll get back to rocking it out in the 72max servers without a problem.  Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also want more max 50 player servers. Mainly because i've experienced better quality gameplay in those servers overall.

Be it performance wise, hit detection and overall cheer among players, i always go for the max 50 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, snoob said:

I have similarly spec'd hardware.

FX 8350 @ 4.3ghz

m5a99fx r2

r9 270 2gb with +100mhz core

I can report similar gains, could you put what ini tweaks are you running? Specifically Max channels #

You should be able to get away with shadows being on on 50 player servers, what kind of performance hit do you get with low and 512?

shadows are low and 1024 on my end and i see maybe only 1 to 3 fps drop average compared to it off.

 

 

I should mention that I am also at 125% resolution scale. (I hate hate HATE jaggies) and the AA in this game so far is not great, Will get better though! For now though, that resolution upscale helps.

As for shadows, I just turned them off to get the max possible performance. I can get my CPU to 4.8 - 4.9Ghz, but it overheats with squad, so I have to back it all the way down to 4.6Ghz until I get a better cooler, or get a new CPU for my rig upgrade, whatever comes first lol. For me, smoothness of play beats everything. I would rather have lower details and smooth frames, than the other way around, especially in a game like squad. so for now, shadows off.

The tweaks that I did were listed in the Reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/456tq2/things_you_can_do_to_potentially_help_with/

And: http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/5869-performance-tweaks-for-extra-fps/

I only did the few ini tweaks in the second thread. Other than that, I just make sure every other application is closed on my PC when I play, and that's pretty much it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×