Hunter_Sh0tz

A new Levelcap Video on a New Build

9 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

hes fucking clueless 

i want him in a clan v clan match 

@DesmoLocke GET OVER HERE. SQUAD LEADER GET OVER HERE!

Edited by Hunter_Sh0tz

I've unsubbed from Levelcap and everyone like him. They are AAA title sales people. There was a time when I used to take what they say seriously but no more. BF Hardline was the final straw for me and these - insert series of offensive explicatives -. 

Regardless of how LevelCap plays SQ or whatever, the one thing i can appreciate is that he speaks and behaves in a cool, calm, and collected manner.

8 hours ago, Motherdear said:

Stop being so childish and just enjoy that people enjoy playing the game.... He enjoys the game, spreads news to people outside of the forum community and is generally a really nice guy, so stop being a bunch of trolls and relax instead of causing unnecessary drama. Also quite a few things that he mentioned in the video is completely fair observations on what could be improved on our game, worded in a non hostile way, so I fairly enjoyed watching it and quite a few of the forum members could learn a lesson or two on tact and tone......

Indeed. A lot of his critiques are things the team is already working on so that's good. I'm all for bigger YouTubers/streamers exposing their audiences to Squad. I don't want Squad to have a tiny player base. I want as many people as possible catching my virtual bullets in their virtual faces!

I liked some of the edgier posts here and I'm too lazy to unlike them, but this is a video that is made by a player not familiar with mechanics yet.

He made pretty fair comments, even though some of it goes against the nature of this game simply because he is new to this type. And I remembered his video, and it was disappointing, especially when even Jackfrags was exclusively using TS, and everyone had ACOGs but weren't sharing contacts to the randos. It was why I unsubbed from him, because I figured it's not the place to go for tactical play, to the extent that it's frustrating to watch.

But people learn. Heck, I watched Matimi0's video, and he had fun fooling with randoms, calling contacts, confirming kills and even engaging in mindless banter.

Get off your high horses guys, you can't claim that this game is for mature people when you yourselves scream at "CoD kiddies" in a childish fashion. What Squad needs is more players to join our ranks, not that silly "MilSim elitism" that XFactorGaming accused us of.

I wonder if Squad/Squad League can arrange a time when the largest Youtubers who have covered Squad (Levelcap, BlueDrake, DiplexHeated, DevilDog, Jackfrags, LastStandGamers, PsiSyndicate, Hat Films, etc) can all be partnered with a squad in a friendly clan match or maybe a community clan fight night. We get publicity, they get a better viewpoint of the game, and everyone is happy.

Several of these larger guys playing squad (Hat Films aside, not sure on the others) either lonewolf or do not really play in the best of Squad's potential, and part of this may be because they don't have those examples like a squad of Redcoats leading them. They bring in the most views, and I know many Squad buyers that heard about the game from these videos. If this is all they know, then shouldn't we work to making these the best and most accurately representative videos as possible?

I've been thinking about posting this in a couple other topics concerning streamers people dislike; it just frustrates me how upset people are but don't work to change it.

TL;DR - idea: partner the biggest Youtubers with talented, teamworking groups from the community.

2 hours ago, penguins227 said:

I wonder if Squad/Squad League can arrange a time when the largest Youtubers who have covered Squad (Levelcap, BlueDrake, DiplexHeated, DevilDog, Jackfrags, LastStandGamers, PsiSyndicate, Hat Films, etc) can all be partnered with a squad in a friendly clan match or maybe a community clan fight night. We get publicity, they get a better viewpoint of the game, and everyone is happy.

Several of these larger guys playing squad (Hat Films aside, not sure on the others) either lonewolf or do not really play in the best of Squad's potential, and part of this may be because they don't have those examples like a squad of Redcoats leading them. They bring in the most views, and I know many Squad buyers that heard about the game from these videos. If this is all they know, then shouldn't we work to making these the best and most accurately representative videos as possible?

I've been thinking about posting this in a couple other topics concerning streamers people dislike; it just frustrates me how upset people are but don't work to change it.

TL;DR - idea: partner the biggest Youtubers with talented, teamworking groups from the community.

@Rusty @DrBigMoney WE should totally do that sometime! Didn't Squad League have a "fight night" sort thing one time?

Edited by Hunter_Sh0tz

2 hours ago, penguins227 said:

5 minutes ago, Hunter_Sh0tz said:

@Rusty @DrBigMoney WE e should totally do that sometime! Didn't Squad League have a "fight night" sort thing one time?

It's a good idea, and something we've considered in the past.  However, grouping up a gang of those players isn't as easy as just "come play" unfortunately.  However if @Bluedrake42and @DevilDogGamerare ever interested in jumping in Squad League we'd certainly love to see it.  

I've been saying that the big YouTubers should be put with a squad in CCFN for weeks now! As clan v clan is where it's at,  some clans aren't keen but ZXD would be very keen for this! I see a vid with jackfrags, levelcrap and a few others in a squad using TS and not talking to the rest of the squad much!! But I want the true story of squad to be shown! It hasn't been so far apart from bluedrake really 

lets make it happen!!!! 

People are acting like he's sabotaging Squad by playing as a lone wolf.. Free advertisement is all I see..

Show this guy a clan match or invite him to a group with experienced players working together and he'll post another video excited about how awesome this game really is when you work as a group

I'll send him a message asking if he wants to roll with the Reds for a couple of rounds.

I wonder how many people in this community play other games in organised tournaments and matches before judging them.

People are acting like he's sabotaging Squad by playing as a lone wolf.. Free advertisement is all I see..

Show this guy a clan match or invite him to a group with experienced players working together and he'll post another video excited about how awesome this game really is when you work as a group

Well for a start he say that squad is pretty much playable in its current state!!

I would have to disagree with him, it's more playable than most finished games!!

And he's said in he's last two videos that he wants something in the game so when his down and waiting for a medic he doesn't know if the medic is down or not!!! So there should be some in game so he knows if the medic is up or not, Omfg try pressing B and fucking asking him ffs

So for that reason alone he is talking shit!

And he's got over 1 million subs

Enough said

58 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Well for a start he say that squad is pretty much playable in its current state!!

I would have to disagree with him, it's more playable than most finished games!!

And he's said in he's last two videos that he wants something in the game so when his down and waiting for a medic he doesn't know if the medic is down or not!!! So there should be some in game so he knows if the medic is up or not, Omfg try pressing B and fucking asking him ffs

So for that reason alone he is talking shit!

And he's got over 1 million subs

Enough said

Playability is very subjective, a lot of us don't consider it playable because of low fps and weird blurriness alone. Him saying it's pretty playable sounds about right, I hardly see a problem.

I'm pretty sure the devs are aware of the UI being not so user friendly atm. Spawn screen could easily do a better job of highlighting available spawn points, wounded screen could highlight close-by medics and display how far away squad medics are and who's the closest one etc. All valid suggestions.

Edited by banOkay

36 minutes ago, banOkay said:

Playability is very subjective, a lot of us don't consider it playable because of low fps and weird blurriness alone. Him saying it's pretty playable sounds about right, I hardly see a problem.

I'm pretty sure the devs are aware of the UI being not so user friendly atm. Spawn screen could easily do a better job of highlighting available spawn points, wounded screen could highlight close-by medics and display how far away squad medics are and who's the closest one etc. All valid suggestions.

Well the map tells you where the medics are for one, spawn points are very very simple I wouldn't think anyone could have a  problem with them! UI works fine can't see any problem with that and I like everyone else I get more fps on squad than I do Arma 3 and apparently Arma is a full game 

squad was pretty playable back in june and now I would say it's totally playable unlike BF4 for 6 months after full release and they had a big development team and shit loads of money 

Edited by ZXD_Lee

On 3/27/2016 at 3:35 PM, Lion said:

Seemed like a pretty good video, he covered some basic stuff and made a few good points from a casual players perspective.

I know a lot of guys on the forums are asking for more hardcore features and having realism pushed even further but  If you want Squad to grow you need guys like Levelcap giving it good reviews,The game has really got to be enjoyable and accessible to the casual player.

My only gripe with Levelcap and them guys was they were not using the voip at all and just sitting in ts, he stated in the video he has been joining random Squads and using voip more so that is awesome and I am happy to see him posting Squad videos, He has like almost 1.4 millions subs,every video he post gets more and more people aware of Squad.

If he really dove into Squad and played it tons I am sure he could put out some really good stuff, I don't know if he will ever get really deep into it just for the simple fact youtube is his job and he will make a lot more money producing content for bigger games like the coming BF5 and such but a video here and there for Squad is deff a very good thing for the game.

He and some of his peers on YouTube are what led me to Squad.  Marketing is everything folks and there is no such thing as bad press.

What you have to understand here is Lvlcvap and some of his Youtube pals have mostly migrated over from BF4 there is next to no squad communication in BF  almost all communication apart from screen chat is through Commo Rose. you need Ammo click need ammo and let your character talk for you, need medic, need a lift, repairs etc and if you see an enemy hit Q to highlight them with a Dorito for a few seconds and activate DICE sponsored wall hack,  you can do all this without uttering a word. I too am an ex BF4 player and even as a real life veteran i had a lot of bad habits i formed between BF3/4 to get rid of settling into Squad i was not accustomed to using VOIP at squad level outside of TS with clan m8's because all though the facilities existed hardly anyone used it and those that did where screaming kids telling people to die of cancer.

In a nutshell don't be too harsh and quick to judge, we have people here come from milsim backgrounds and they have not played any other way over the years and take these things for granted and there are players who have migrated over from all sorts of FPS backgrounds accustomed to varying levels of gameplay styles. Lvlcap and Co are no different with years of BF behind them and only guest appearances in the likes of Arma etc  they are not going to be naturally playing at this point the way we might expect them to until they have sunk enough hours into the game to realise they have to learn or adapt to how it needs to be played in order to get the best enjoyable experience. 

Squad will not prevail off the back of players from PR, Arma, insurgency etc alone but by attracting and continuing to attract players from all genres and through embracing them and educating them in the ways of the game they will naturally become assimilated. there are plenty of mature gamers out there still playing shitty FPS games like BF and COD wanting much more but just haven't noticed Squad and or unsure because it's in alpha if it's any good so big Youtubers and community member vids are great for getting the message out.

Edited by Axle84

The game and the devs have a quandary.

1) - People like myself and others who have been here since day 1. We love Squad we know how to play it now, we contribute to the community and create engaging videos and content to promote the game, but we are largely ignored on Youtube get down voted and don't have that many views.

2) - People who are bigger and usually arrogant, (bd for instant) know nothing about the game have only been around Squad occasionally, and put out 1 or two videos out just to make money and get views. They contribute nothing to the community but they have a larger audience so more people view the videos.

It's one of the reasons I gave up making Squad videos, you simply cannot compete with  these big headed nonces  them. Wether they are good or not for Squad you decide.

so saeth the Para.

Edited by Para

Squad doesn't have such an immense player base to warrant a lot of attention by the general gaming public just like all in the milsim genre it's an acquired taste and people that like playing normal FPS will always hold the bigger share of the audience. i used to have long debates with friends over which was better BF or COD and in the end it boiled down in the end that i accepted there was no winner... people who played COD did so because they liked the playstyle and likewise for those that played BF one was not better than the other because they appealed to two completely different audiences and could not be judged side by side.

What i envision squad to achieve long term is a viable alternative if not superior in a sense to Arma, PR and even BF (for the vets who are disillusioned with the franchise direction like myself) A game that not just recruits from within the genre itself but tempts fresh blood from outside to convert and in time i believe it can achieve that status. but for now we just haven't reached a sufficient level of development to prick enough people ears up, horror stories about AMD CPU performance that make a good chunk of the potential players out there, lack of vehicles just now etc. when were closer to the full package and Squads marketing goes up a few gears i expect players to flock to Squad and too will those seeking to be educated by experienced players such as yourself. Big youtubers might be intolerable for some to stand and their morals miss placed but at the same time we would be insane to ignore the potential exposure the Game needs. I personally don't agree with much lvlcap ever says but i ended up watching his vids back in the day because it was the only real alternative i had for a long time playing BF4 when new stuff came out and what effects changes had before i could test them out for myself.

I love your contributions Para to squad as do i everyone's because with every vid not only are you educating and entertaining those of us who play but there is always that chance someone outside of the community comes across it and goes "wow that game looks awesome i can't believe iv never heard of it". Squad doesn't have a very strong presence on you tube searches don't bring up much updated content and so it is also difficult as a random person to encounter content relating to the game. 9-10 now if i type in Squad as a keyword i get more shit to do with suicide squad than the game itself were just not doing enough as a community to promote the game through the relevant channels. You should not be releasing content for recognition it's not fun to get into that mindset regardless to how you feel as a youtuber in general Para plays is a brand name within squad we all know and respect within this community, You taught me as a BF player before i even started playing Squad what i needed to know and you also helped me develop my medic skills surely that counts for something pal.. ? please don't stop making content because you feel your not reaching out to enough viewers, haters gonna hate you will always get people like that and most often they don't even play the game or are just jealous .

Edited by Axle84

There's nothing overly negative in the video, everyone should chill out a bit. He says it's one of his most anticipated indie games of this year.

He hasn't spent 400hrs on it and that's fine, he's looking from a casual perspective. Fair enough.

You see I WOULD rant about this, but I'm honestly having way more fun developing our ArmA III Project Reality mission haha and fiddling with Freelancer =P

I actually like LevelCap a good deal I just troll him a lot, he seems much more mature about taking criticism and dealing with people like myself when we poke at him. I really like Dyslecxi as well for similar reasons. I agree I don't think he understands what's going on as well as he could, but I think he's definitely putting in the effort to understand the community much more than his other Youtube peers (which I appreciate considerably.) Honestly I think he may be one of the only AAA Youtubers actually working to understand the Squad/PR community, and not just glazing over it for the views. So while he may be a little ignorant starting out (as we all were) I think using this opportunity to encourage him to continue exploring the game in this way will be ultimately be very healthy for the greater Squad/PR community.

I secretly wish he would play the original Project Reality just once haha but even if he didn't, I don't think it would be an issue. It would just be very good for me haha

On 3/29/2016 at 6:02 PM, Para said:

The game and the devs have a quandary.

1) - People like myself and others who have been here since day 1. We love Squad we know how to play it now, we contribute to the community and create engaging videos and content to promote the game, but we are largely ignored on Youtube get down voted and don't have that many views.

2) - People who are bigger and usually arrogant, (bd for instant) know nothing about the game have only been around Squad occasionally, and put out 1 or two videos out just to make money and get views. They contribute nothing to the community but they have a larger audience so more people view the videos.

It's one of the reasons I gave up making Squad videos, you simply cannot compete with  these big headed nonces  them. Wether they are good or not for Squad you decide.

so saeth the Para.

Para I was on these forums and in the Squad community literally almost a year before you were, as well as being a server host for Project Reality for over 4 years, and being a ongoing member since 2008. You literally uploaded Squad videos for a few months, before announcing that you were closing your channel and moving off. Maybe that's why people don't watch you, you think? I understand you're bitter, and you want to take some shots at others to blame for your lack of commitment... but let's maybe step back and think about what "contributing to the community" means before you write off everyone else but you.

Everyone here needs to start focusing on what people ARE doing for the Squad community, and not what they AREN'T. This whole "holier than thou" mentality is cancer. Everyone is here to see Squad succeed, and make it the best game it can be. Whether you played one hour, or 1000 hours... you should start appreciating what people contribute to the game... regardless of the how much "you did" compared to them.

Its childish... and that's coming from a child. So I would put an end to it if I were you.

Also about the whole ultimate Youtuber clan thing, I don't think that would be as easy as everyone wants it to be.

All the different Youtubers are very different in their personalities and personal goals. Getting those to align for something like this (as much as I'd want it to) would really be much more work than its worth... and probably just make a lot of people mad in the end.

That's just coming from me because I've tried it before, many years ago... didn't pan out so well. Never seems to.