Gbco

Custom Terrain Development - couple of questions

Hello everyone,

I looked around in the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for, hope it's not a reposted topic.

I just recently discovered Squad, and I like the concept behind it, but please note I still do not own a copy of the game. 

I''ve been developing a 5x5 Km terrain for A3 (kinda tiny for A3 gameplay), and now I've read that 4x4 core area for an 8x8 Km terrain is perfect for Squad.  But I am now thinking I might shift my terrain model (either 0.5/1 m cell size and 0.5/1 px/m sat resolution), mask layers, road shapes etc... to UE4 which is much more reliable and user friendly than Terrain Builder :P

But I have a  couple questions about it:

1) Are we allowed to use some vanilla assets in custom terrains (as you would in Arma) or are we required to use only our own trees/buildings/fences etc.? 

2) Do you guys have a link to a thread or guide about particular issues on UE4 terrains for Squad? Such as optimal texture sizes, grid size, how building destruction is handled... :)

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Gbco

The best place to get answers to mapping question for Squad is here.

Edited by -Steve-

Agreed.

Just join that Discord, and there will be plenty of people to help you. Lots of people are learning to become UE4 modders early on! So once the tools are released we're gonna get a explosion of awesome creativity!

Thanks guys,

I had never heard of Discord before :P   

I will see you there!

Edited by Gbco