Jimieus

What are peoples' thoughts on the whole Hold Shift/Zoom/stamina thing

Me, personally, I am not a fan. I understand and appreciate the concept behind it, but from my experience as a user I find it a bit jarring and irritating. To clarify here, it isn't so much the holding shift to zoom part - I can deal with that (just wish I could rebind it to hold RMB) - it's the part where it unzooms, seemingly determined by a stamina bar I can't see. This often leads to a whole lot of camera movement as I wrangle the zoom, in some cases getting to a point where I can get a little motion sick(?).

Call me finicky, but it's something that has been present since forever and I just had to see what other peoples' thoughts were on this. Anyone else kinda bothered by it?

I hear you barking big dog. I think it's ok, I embrace it as a general mechanic of the game. I think it adds more variables in a fight. ..which I personally like.

But I get where your coming from.

I hate pressing shift for it. I would love for it to focus (or zoom) when holding right mouse button instead or as well.

Honestly, I don't really understand, why do we need zoom, if devs want to reduce average distance of firefight.

Edited by ZiGreen

1 hour ago, MikeDude said:

I hate pressing shift for it. I would love for it to focus (or zoom) when holding right mouse button instead or as well.

37 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

I to would prefer RMB for zoom...It comes natural, of years using it.

This.

RMB FTW

I also find the slow transition from zoom/unzoom annoying,  I think it should be faster. You're not walking from  bright daylight into a dark room,  you are just changing your focal distance. Look out the window and try it, look 5m out then 50m. It takes just a small fraction of a second. I always feel like I'm waiting for the animation to finish. 

Just now, NanoAgeWarrior said:

It is necessary, in PR you can't hit the broadside of a barn at 100m using ironsights, very frustrating.

Okay, but why it can't be permanent or just unlimited?

I like the mechanic as it gives me three different firing stances while standing. Moving it to the RMB would remove one weapon stance. 

I do think that the timer for it is too short. This is a gameplay balance thing though. Right now we only have handheld weapons so everyone is engaging the same way and I suppose this is why the timer is so short. Perhaps later one we'll get longer timers, or different timers for different weapons & weapon types. 

You mean ADS, non-ADS and squinted eyes with catched breathing for 5 seconds? The last one is not the stance, it something very weird, unnecessary and harmful.

Just now, ZiGreen said:

You mean ADS, non-ADS and squinted eyes with catched breathing for 5 seconds? The last one is not the stance, it something very weird, unnecessary and harmful.

You need a hug. 

I hate the recoil... I have much experience with guns and re acquiring a target after a 2 shot bust from 80m isnt fun... I wish the guns would act more like BHD on and Joint Ops.

Just now, RaTzo said:

You need a hug. 

I need a modern shooter. With teamplay, communication, vehicles etc, but shooter.

1 hour ago, Chompster said:

I would prefer RMB for zoom...It comes natural, of years using it.

This

Edited by molotov

AFAIK, it's been in since prealpha. OP was complaining about how it is implemented, opinions have been bantered about, hugs have been offered, we'll see how the thread plays out.

41 minutes ago, MattersEnd said:

Wasn't the hold shift zoom function there in version 4? What is everyone talking about.

Yeah it's always been like this, and I'v never liked it. An option for rebinding it to RMB would be nice.

its ok for me since i play the game on a Steam Controller. the trigger has duel actions on them. so a soft and a Full pull. so the soft pull is my aiming and then i full pull for sprint,focus, and the rest on one trigger. 

Stamina allot better, aiming allot worse takes more time to aim with less stamina.........I liked the aiming the way it was allot more close to realistic than it is now........

While I could be interested to see any possible changes / improvements, I don't have any real issue with the current system.