PissedoffAMDuser

IS there an update to fix AMD users crappy FPS?

Hello there. Like my nickname says, I love the hell outta this game, but this shitty AMD FPS BS gets me more boiling than Fire Lord Ozai from Avatar the Last Air Bender when he found out Aang was still alive. Anyway, is there gonna be an update on the AMD users crappy unstable FPS, and if so, when would that update take place?? Also, I have done those FPS boost method and I get max FPS of 25. But if there is NOT gonna be fix on it, is there a way for me to get a refund? [Steam], because that would be a waste of my 40$. Thank you! [Also I can run Gta 5, Arma 3, etc etc. 40-50+ FPS. Thanks again.   

They are working to fix the issue. When that will happen is anyone's guess. 

If they eventually say "we cannot fix this problem", I would think that there is a small chance that they may offer refunds to affected AMD users who wanted them... but that is just my sense of morality, they may offer nothing. 

36 minutes ago, PissedoffAMDuser said:

Also I can run Gta 5, Arma 3, etc etc. 40-50+ FPS. Thanks again.   

But what FPS to you get playing ARK: Survival Evolved? It is the only game you can kind of compare to Squad because they both use the same game engine, Unreal Engine 4.

The great hope is that Epic and AMD can help Offworld Industries with the issue. We'll see what the reworked animation system can do for AMD performance. It's a "keep your fingers crossed" hope however as I understand it. 

1 hour ago, DesmoLocke said:

But what FPS to you get playing ARK: Survival Evolved? It is the only game you can kind of compare to Squad because they both use the same game engine, Unreal Engine 4.

The great hope is that Epic and AMD can help Offworld Industries with the issue. We'll see what the reworked animation system can do for AMD performance. It's a "keep your fingers crossed" hope however as I understand it. 

I have not played ark survival, but one of it's game mode has gone free recently so I'll check it out thanks. And you mentioned that re-worked animation.... Is there gonna b an update on that?

I have to say, I am a little amused by your name OP :P

Too bad you are having issues, lets hope it can be resolved!

Regarding animation system, it'll be longer than vehicles perhaps.

Regarding AMD audio issue, we are working with Epic to try and get to the bottom of this issue.  We have a test machine now where we can reliably reproduce this issue.

From what we know here is what you need to do:
1. Turn off radio filter.
2. Delete Voice uasset files  (2 of them).
3. Only use speakers that are in stereo mode, be careful as some have a switch to put it in stereo mode but windows still thinks it is surround.  You need to set it to stereo through windows itself.
4. Stay on servers with less than 50 people.

8 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

cant compare Ark vs those games.  Like you said its the UE4 engine which is severely BROKEN.  If he can play Arma he damn well should be able to play Squad.  But Squad is BROKEN due to the UE4 engine.  The DEVs used this engine because it was basically almost free.  You get what you pay for remember.  Epic gave this out for a royalty on units sold so they wouldn't have to refine/debug it all themselves.  Do you think the UE3 is this bad?  No, its already optimized but would cost a small fortune to license it.  This was the only realistic route for a small startup with limited capital.  The user (AMD) arethe ones paying the price for EPics major failure.

2 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

cant compare Ark vs those games.  

You can't compare Squad to those games. At least in regards to performance.

In Ark server quality turned out to be big factor too, all the servers rented by Wildcard where sub standard and not fit for purpose and this was felt more so on PVE servers where resources where not being recycled by the multitude of destruction and slaughter on PVP in effect players where just building bigger and more stuff and taming dino's to no end. Official servers where a lag fest every 30 seconds and even on better server hardware flying over regions caused lag whilst the game was rendering to keep up. I was part of a community that at great expense forked out for the best dedicated Server we could get for PVP and even then we could not 100% eliminate some of the server side faults. Ark lives because of unofficial servers willing to fork out for upgraded hardware, offer mods and the freedom to deal with cheats and offline raiders etc. 

In the end the trouble with Ark is a mix of everything an unoptimised engine in an unoptimised game released on unoptimised/cheap servers that can't handle either the stress or the unoptimised state and in 99% of the case not the players machine.

Edited by Axle84

10 hours ago, PissedoffAMDuser said:

I'm a computer noob. How could I install dx12? I have dx11

If you have Windows 10 then you have DX12 already .... But NO GAME but 3 are programed for DX12 and thhose are not due out for 2 years .. Also DX12 is not on the minds of Game companys right now as there is limited hardware out there for the user .. Most games right now are even only on DX9 still that you play ...     As the Dev's have made no mention of DX12 for this game I would say you are more likely to see DX11 on relese ... And Anyone who wishs to contradict my statement please link your facts ...I know there will be people who think they know the gameing industry ...

Hardware availability is not holding back DX12 it's a lack of experience within the industry to work with it, Virgin territory so to speak. Developers are either sticking with the safer option of sticking with what they know or those that are brave and up for the challenge developing from the start DX12 integration. You simply cannot shoot down future DX12  coming to Squad. Hardware availability is not an excuse many AAA titles when based around say DX10/11 where also playable in DX9/10 mode, if squad where to integrate DX12 Support it would't lock everyone without hardware to support it out of the Game they more than likely would be playing in DX11 mode. Does Windows 10 effect anyone because they don't have DX12 compatible hardware? of course not the only difference is those without will not be able to take advantage of the benefits but hey ho is that not what us AMD players are already going through not owning intel?.

DICE have ruled out DX12 in the future for Battlefront and possibly BF5 and my chips are on the main reason being Frostbite 4 isn't compatible and they might have finally got the idea that in order to not have a repeat of BF4's launch disaster and the years following trying to make it half decent it was wise  not to go and build an entirely new engine or rebuild their current. On the other hand the latest releases of UE4 can and do support DX12 and in that case there is no reason it can be ruled out by any of us bar the Devs themselves. 

Edited by Axle84

17 hours ago, NJGamer6106 said:

If you have Windows 10 then you have DX12 already .... But NO GAME but 3 are programed for DX12 and thhose are not due out for 2 years .. Also DX12 is not on the minds of Game companys right now as there is limited hardware out there for the user .. Most games right now are even only on DX9 still that you play ...     As the Dev's have made no mention of DX12 for this game I would say you are more likely to see DX11 on relese ... And Anyone who wishs to contradict my statement please link your facts ...I know there will be people who think they know the gameing industry ...

I'll contradict and state that most current games are designed with DX11 in mind, but yes, DX12 is a ways off.  We'll get it when the engine gets it, not before.

On 3/24/2016 at 6:51 AM, PissedoffAMDuser said:

IS there an fix AMD users crappy FPS?

Yes, go buy Intel based CPU and motherboard. That's what I did :(
I don't see any other solution if you actually want to play Squad with 40+ FPS average without drops down to 18 FPS.
But Intel, Nvidia, Microsoft and other companies should definitely be absorbed by countries for that kind of agressive attacking policy relatively to the competitors.

Edited by KulaGGin

1 hour ago, KulaGGin said:

Yes, go buy Intel based CPU and motherboard. That's what I did :(
I don't see any other solution if you actually want to play Squad with 40+ FPS average without drops down to 18 FPS.
But Intel, Nvidia, Microsoft and other companies should definitely be absorbed by countries for that kind of agressive attacking policy relatively to the competitors.

No I'm good.. I don't wanna spend money on a some what trash game that really won't listen to the community. They should've fixed this problem the 2nd or 3rd month the alpha was released and talked to ue4 about ideas, but they'd rather not, and not give a single Fuck about the amd community. Looking for a refund while I play Arma 2 OA....

29 minutes ago, PissedoffAMDuser said:

No I'm good.. I don't wanna spend money on a some what trash game that really won't listen to the community. They should've fixed this problem the 2nd or 3rd month the alpha was released and talked to ue4 about ideas, but they'd rather not, and not give a single Fuck about the amd community. Looking for a refund while I play Arma 2 OA....

That's a nice idea to punish developers. I'd demand a refund too but I like the game mechanics of Squad way too much to demand a refund :(. Wish you good luck with getting refund. I think they should refund you 100% of price.

The game itself is awesome it's just this AMD low FPS problem made by Intel and UE4 devs.

For example, I don't care how smooth and visually entertaining Battlefield 3/4/Hardline are. It suck cocks pretty hard in terms of game mechanics. Planes feels like they was made of plastic, same with helicopters. Tanks feels like carton boxes on wheels with big fat fallos-shaped barrels on top. Well, nowadays I call that game series Calloffield or Cattlefield because they made way too many dumb-shit decisions which cattle-headed players actually enjoying.

Edited by KulaGGin

2 hours ago, PissedoffAMDuser said:

Your welcome to go seek a refund but the rest of us AMD users know that the devs are working on the issue we have been following every one of these threads and the developer responses, i personally have seen some of the communication sent back and forth to UE4 devs the Squad team certainly want to bury this issue for us.

If it's only the AMD issue but not the game itself then why not just keep the game and check in from time to time later in development like many players do. For me with a FX8350 and GTX970 and with the voice and radio file removed i can play Squad above 25fps and dependant on server population and maps get 40-50 fps.

Edited by Axle84

5 hours ago, Axle84 said:

If it's only the AMD issue but not the game itself then why not just keep the game and check in from time to time later in development like many players do.

Because if enough players will demand and get refunds, next time developers may be, just may be, will test more things before they release their product and ask people for their money instead of releasing their product "as is", ask people for their money and then 6 months later after release say:"Oh, we didn't know that. I hear about this problem for first time. Oh, I don't care they gave me their money and reported this issue 6 months ago, I hear about this for first time anyway. We'll look into it and may be we will even try to fix this problem in few years. But we're Ok with the fact that customers gave us their money and they can always play our game with 20 FPS on CPUs for 200$ and GPUs for 200$.

When alpha has been released? Last summer? Problem has been reported even before opened alpha if I remember that correctly. Fix is still hasn't been released. And I'm sure they accepted all pre-orders they could.

So basically there are thouthands of people who are waiting for a fix for almost a year! And they pre-ordered the game!

If it's a problem of engine and not the game itself, why would pick engine like that, anyway? Things like this should be tested even before you actually started seriously developing the game. I mean, you make a test build then you launch your test build on all basic configurations possible: windows xp/7/8/8.1/10/linux/macos CPU AMD/Intel(on all architectures made in last 6-8 years), same with GPUs: AMD/NVIDIA with tests on at least one video card per series in last 6-8 years with different settings etc. And if you think it's a problem of engine, you just pick another engine. There are plenty of free engines on the internet.

There always should be quality assurance! If you don't have one(of course, you don't, it's obvious at this point of time), you can always make free open alpha access without asking people for their money! You could make early pre-alpha build with 1 test level, like developers of Next Car Game did:http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/ . At the start after it was released, there was no actual races, all you could do is to ride on test level with 1 automobile and I don't remember paying to play on that test level, too.

Edited by KulaGGin

17 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

So basically there are thouthands of people who are waiting for a fix for almost a year! And they pre-ordered the game!

So basically, there are thousands of people who didn't read how steam early access worked and didn't do any research into the game they bought even though it was nowhere near finished?

As its been stated about 100 times already, the issue is with the engine, OWI are doing everything they can with AMD and Epic games to get it fixed, when your indie games has 150,000 sales its pretty impressive but not really at the top of the priority list for companies like AMD and Epic. 

They are doing it as fast as they can.

I understand what you are saying Kula but that doesnt mean that I agree with your statements.  It is my understanding that the issue sits more on Epic's shoulders than it does on OWI.  It was because of the early release and the countless hours of testing by those that bought into the "ALPHA" stage that these problems, concerns, were brought to light.  Would you have felt less cheated if the game went full release only to discover these issues then?  Would you be happier then and less inclined to complain about it?  What about all the AAA studios that release a full product and immediately have to hotfix and hotfix and hotfix even on day 1?  Is that fine with you, do you expect that sort of thing to happen and have you ever experienced that scenario?  Are you ok with it when the AAA studios release a half baked product and charge you $70+ for the priviledge of playtesting their full release?