Jump to content
PureMarcu

Suggestions from a seasoned Game Enthusiast

Recommended Posts

Here's my list of suggestions!

It's a long one so I'll just get to the point. Please do comment your thoughts!

General Gameplay

-Ability to pick up guns fallen on the ground

-Ability to pick up fallen comrades that haven't given up

-Stamina zoom occuring after crouching for a little bit (It's annoying to press shift and ctrl while using your weapon at the same time)

-Ability to pick up grenades and throw them back before they blow up

-Ability to cover grenades so your team doesn't receive the blast

Squad Gameplay

-Mortar/air support radio guy

-Ability to build mortars

-Being able to use build points to customize your weapon in that one life (it being super expensive like 500 points per addition, and having a limit)

Game Emphasis (The game making it more efficient to do a certain task)

-Emphasis on base building and maintaining for defenders (Maybe by being near FOBs gives you more build points for possible weapon customizations ^)

-Emphasis on stealth (Maybe like shooting gives your position away on the map for a few seconds.)

-Emphasis on not giving up (Every time you give up the game tells you how many tickets you lost and makes you feel bad?)

Miscellaneous 

-Flashbangs

-Choice of primary weapon for a role

-Night vision (Night map?)

-Thermal Vision

-SMGs (IDK, sometimes I use em.)

-Divisions (Like Navy SEALS, elite task force uniforms for the squad that has the most points total in a team.)

Game Realism

-I think that insurgents should be made a lot weaker than the coalition side, which would be realistic. This would make the insurgent forces fight harder, being that they don't have all this tech. They will have to use superior tactics.

-Day and night cycle (If games take a while, which they sometimes do. Night would definitely add opportunities for both sides.)

 

They do everything they do, correct. This is just some more creative add-ons. Most of them probably aren't that good. But a few could totally add something special.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, grim.

Marcu, everything you mentioned in your post has been discussed on these forums before or is already planned. Every bullet point, which I actually find impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PureMarcu said:

Here's my list of suggestions!

It's a long one so I'll just get to the point. Please do comment your thoughts!

General Gameplay

-Ability to pick up guns fallen on the ground

-Ability to pick up fallen comrades that haven't given up

-Stamina zoom occuring after crouching for a little bit (It's annoying to press shift and ctrl while using your weapon at the same time)

-Ability to pick up grenades and throw them back before they blow up

-Ability to cover grenades so your team doesn't receive the blast

Squad Gameplay

-Mortar/air support radio guy

-Ability to build mortars

-Being able to use build points to customize your weapon in that one life (it being super expensive like 500 points per addition, and having a limit)

Game Emphasis (The game making it more efficient to do a certain task)

-Emphasis on base building and maintaining for defenders (Maybe by being near FOBs gives you more build points for possible weapon customizations ^)

-Emphasis on stealth (Maybe like shooting gives your position away on the map for a few seconds.)

-Emphasis on not giving up (Every time you give up the game tells you how many tickets you lost and makes you feel bad?)

Miscellaneous 

-Flashbangs

-Choice of primary weapon for a role

-Night vision (Night map?)

-Thermal Vision

-SMGs (IDK, sometimes I use em.)

-Divisions (Like Navy SEALS, elite task force uniforms for the squad that has the most points total in a team.)

Game Realism

-I think that insurgents should be made a lot weaker than the coalition side, which would be realistic. This would make the insurgent forces fight harder, being that they don't have all this tech. They will have to use superior tactics.

-Day and night cycle (If games take a while, which they sometimes do. Night would definitely add opportunities for both sides.)

 

They do everything they do, correct. This is just some more creative add-ons. Most of them probably aren't that good. But a few could totally add something special.

 

 

Quote

-Stamina zoom occuring after crouching for a little bit (It's annoying to press shift and ctrl while using your weapon at the same time)

I think there should just be a button to toggle crouch. My little finger gets sore after crouch walking so much.

Quote

-Ability to pick up grenades and throw them back before they blow up

No. A military vet once said "unless you’re Captain America, don’t try to throw it back." If a highly explosive device with a frag radius of 30-35 feet is thrown at you, the last thing you'd want to do is get closer to it.

Quote

-Ability to cover grenades so your team doesn't receive the blast

That's been tested. Throwing yourself over a grenade won't minimize the lethality, at least not by enough to save anyone

Quote

-Being able to use build points to customize your weapon in that one life (it being super expensive like 500 points per addition, and having a limit)

Your weapon should be limited to the minimum your class calls for.

Quote

-Emphasis on stealth (Maybe like shooting gives your position away on the map for a few seconds.)

Too arcade-y. You can't be able to pinpoint the exact location of someone when they fire their weapon. This would make snipers and marksmen pointless.

 

Quote

-Flashbangs

Unnecessary.

Quote

-Choice of primary weapon for a role

Unrealistic.

Quote

Thermal Vision

No regular infantry man would have that.

Quote

-I think that insurgents should be made a lot weaker than the coalition side, which would be realistic. This would make the insurgent forces fight harder, being that they don't have all this tech. They will have to use superior tactics.

Insurgent and militia equipment accurately reflects the real-life counterpart already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mumble said:

Thank you, grim.

Marcu, everything you mentioned in your post has been discussed on these forums before or is already planned. Every bullet point, which I actually find impressive.

9df.gif

That was exactly what I thought, haha!

But welcome to the forums!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

I think there should just be a button to toggle crouch. My little finger gets sore after crouch walking so much.

No. A military vet once said "unless you’re Captain America, don’t try to throw it back." If a highly explosive device with a frag radius of 30-35 feet is thrown at you, the last thing you'd want to do is get closer to it.

That's been tested. Throwing yourself over a grenade won't minimize the lethality, at least not by enough to save anyone

Your weapon should be limited to the minimum your class calls for.

Too arcade-y. You can't be able to pinpoint the exact location of someone when they fire their weapon. This would make snipers and marksmen pointless.

 

Unnecessary.

Unrealistic.

No regular infantry man would have that.

Insurgent and militia equipment accurately reflects the real-life counterpart already.

Covering a grenade with a human body will absolutely save everyone in the room. Not sure if you have ever seen a grenade go off. Thermals... we absolutely had them...i know because i had to had to carry that shit and I was just a ground pounder. Today's infantry all have optics, never once have i seen dudes that get stuck humping the LAW have a m4 with iron sights. its 2016....come on. I was playing tonight....wtf happened i used to run the game on ultra @ 45 fps now im lucky to get 20 fps, ever since the update. Hit marks are way off,  me and multiple people witnessed me sniping a dude and tag him 3 4 5 times at 100m with the marksmen rifle. He was running in the open and stopped I hit him 2 times, he ran and laid down, hit him another 2 times, got up and ran, hit him one last time. I mean im no wizard or anything but damn...5 direct hits from a 7.62. We were all laughing about how this update seems to be effecting bullet hit markers, and now everyone's fps dropped in half from what they were running before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is obviously a troll and trying to get a laugh out of you guys. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PureMarcu said:

-Stamina zoom occuring after crouching for a little bit (It's annoying to press shift and ctrl while using your weapon at the same time)

 

1 hour ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

I think there should just be a button to toggle crouch. My little finger gets sore after crouch walking so much.

PSA :)

There is a crouch toggle option under Game Options. Coming from Project Reality, toggle crouch has been amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, garnDOG said:

Covering a grenade with a human body will absolutely save everyone in the room. Not sure if you have ever seen a grenade go off. Thermals... we absolutely had them...i know because i had to had to carry that shit and I was just a ground pounder. Today's infantry all have optics, never once have i seen dudes that get stuck humping the LAW have a m4 with iron sights. its 2016....come on. I was playing tonight....wtf happened i used to run the game on ultra @ 45 fps now im lucky to get 20 fps, ever since the update. Hit marks are way off,  me and multiple people witnessed me sniping a dude and tag him 3 4 5 times at 100m with the marksmen rifle. He was running in the open and stopped I hit him 2 times, he ran and laid down, hit him another 2 times, got up and ran, hit him one last time. I mean im no wizard or anything but damn...5 direct hits from a 7.62. We were all laughing about how this update seems to be effecting bullet hit markers, and now everyone's fps dropped in half from what they were running before.

Even if it can minimize the damage, soldiers are taught not to do so. They hit the dirt, helmet facing the grenade to catch fragmentation. It also just seems unnecessary. I've never seen a soldier that wasn't special forces carry a thermal scope on their gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

I've never seen a soldier that wasn't special forces carry a thermal scope on their gun.

you're not looking hard enough. Real SF have very little reason to carry a thermal scope anyways.

seasoned Game Enthusiast

T O P K E K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I deployed to Afghanistan in the summer of 2011 I was just a normal ground pounder. I was a squad leader, so I got issued a thermal scope and mount for any rail system. Obviously everyone in the squad uses it but regardless we had it. 

Edited by garnDOG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PureMarcu said:

-Ability to pick up fallen comrades that haven't given up

Only incapacitated allies? Why? I want to be able to drag every corpse on the map, I want to make FOB on the top of mountain of corpses and hung dead bodies from watch towers and barbed wire!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't mind the grenade self-sacrifice thing. Maybe throwing yourself on a grenade could reduce the kill radius by a little and cause the hero to no longer be relivable. 

Pretty much everything else on the list I disagree with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×