winnethepooh

Server and license on a hosting provider.. Not in server list?

Hi there,

I put a server hosted on Fragnet for South East Asia.. I've got the IP and have looked through the .cfg files. I've setup some of them (admins, servermessages, maprotation). I have received a license and put it into license.cfg, updated steam and restarted the server.

I'm still at a loss however as the server doesn't seem to be listed in the official list (in game).. Does anyone know what else I have to do? How do I connect to the IP directly? (not using steam://connect/ from my browser which doesn't work)

44 minutes ago, winnethepooh said:

Hi there,

I put a server hosted on Fragnet for South East Asia.. I've got the IP and have looked through the .cfg files. I've setup some of them (admins, servermessages, maprotation). I have received a license and put it into license.cfg, updated steam and restarted the server.

I'm still at a loss however as the server doesn't seem to be listed in the official list (in game).. Does anyone know what else I have to do? How do I connect to the IP directly? (not using steam://connect/ from my browser which doesn't work)

Hmm contact the website where you got the server from. It is mostly their end not yours.

I wasn't the initial admin to set up [FUBAR]'s server but two things that you should check:

1. Server files don't go in the first serverconfig folder you see in the top tree. They go in a deeper level folder inside the config folder. Have you put yours in the right place?

2. It sometimes takes our server several minutes and many refreshes to appear in the official list. I haven't had to go so far as changing server refresh settings in Steam, but you may have to resort to that, too.

9 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

Hmm contact the website where you got the server from. It is mostly their end not yours.

May I ask what your theory is there?

9 minutes ago, davebluedevil said:

I wasn't the initial admin to set up [FUBAR]'s server but two things that should check:

1. Server files don't go in the first serverconfig folder you see in the top tree. They go in a deeper level folder inside the config folder. Have you out yours in the right place?

2. It sometimes takes our server several minutes and many refreshes to appear in the official list. I haven't had to go so far as changing server refresh settings in Steam, but you may have to resort to that, too.

It's hosted so all I see is a virtual path. It is: Squad\Config\ServerConfigs\* - does that sound right to you ? - I could check it's using those settings if I can connect to it directly - though I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

From what are you measuring the several minutes from? Adding your license.cfg or bringing your server up? Mine has been up for 2 weeks+ and my license was added (and restarted) about 5 hours ago... if it's just a matter of waiting that's fine just didn't want to be waiting around if I've missed something.

Edited by winnethepooh

55 minutes ago, winnethepooh said:

May I ask what your theory is there?

It's hosted so all I see is a virtual path. It is: Squad\Config\ServerConfigs\* - does that sound right to you ? - I could check it's using those settings if I can connect to it directly - though I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

From what are you measuring the several minutes from? Adding your license.cfg or bringing your server up? Mine has been up for 2 weeks+ and my license was added (and restarted) about 5 hours ago... if it's just a matter of waiting that's fine just didn't want to be waiting around if I've missed something.

Well one thing is if you have it in the right spot then it shouldnt be your issue, it should of shown up on the server browser. Now if it isn't it is most likely their end not yours. I only used Vilayer, so i dont know if there is an admin port to see server status or not.

Yes, that sounds right, (as opposed to squad/serverconfigs/ which is wrong. (But I'm away from my desk to confirm 100%.

On a server reset, I meant, that it can take 10 minutes to appear in the pub lists. I'm not sure about the licenses.cfg.

I suggest for more immediate support you might head to the #support channel of the Squad General Discord, too.

I have exactly the same problem.

I have an official license and a G-Portal server and my server does not appear in first lobby. 

Edited by LeFoureur

On 24/03/2016 at 2:20 AM, wetblue13 said:

Well one thing is if you have it in the right spot then it shouldnt be your issue, it should of shown up on the server browser. Now if it isn't it is most likely their end not yours. I only used Vilayer, so i dont know if there is an admin port to see server status or not.

Thanks. I've reached out to them. I have an admin port listed and available to me. What can you do with it/how do you connect to it to use it exactly? Is it a command line so you just use telnet?

On 24/03/2016 at 2:40 AM, davebluedevil said:

Yes, that sounds right, (as opposed to squad/serverconfigs/ which is wrong. (But I'm away from my desk to confirm 100%.

On a server reset, I meant, that it can take 10 minutes to appear in the pub lists. I'm not sure about the licenses.cfg.

I suggest for more immediate support you might head to the #support channel of the Squad General Discord, too.

Thanks. I double checked I don't even have a /squad/serverconfigs subdirectory so I should be good on that front.. just - it's 2 weeks+ now.

On 29/03/2016 at 5:19 AM, LeFoureur said:

I have exactly the same problem.

I have an official license and a G-Portal server and my server does not appear in first lobby. 

Did you find a solution to your problem?

When you enter the server license you must restart your server, as well as the game client. The client downloads the list of official servers at start so if your client is not restarted you will only show up in the custom servers tab.

OK - I made a ticket with my hoster and they fixed it. Turns out it was something on their end that wasn't running. I should have reported it sooner but then again it looked like it was running fine in the control panel.

Server is now in the list woo woo

40 minutes ago, Master-Antonio said:

I have the same problem.

My Server is in CUSTOM SERVERS.

Best Italian Ghost [BIG] Server Italiano

And dont found what is the problem.

It is licensed.

20 hours ago, Master-Antonio said:

Yes but i found this on Custom Servers.

Custom Servers shows both licensed and custom servers.

3 hours ago, ibk said:

Custom Servers shows both licensed and custom servers.

Understand but in server browser there isnt.

Can you help me here? Because i see that you are informed.

On 4/4/2016 at 7:40 AM, winnethepooh said:

OK - I made a ticket with my hoster and they fixed it. Turns out it was something on their end that wasn't running. I should have reported it sooner but then again it looked like it was running fine in the control panel.

Server is now in the list woo woo

did they tell you what it was? that would be very helpful.