MrChaggy

ACOG? Terrible or not that bad...

Is the recoil on the acog to much?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Is the recoil on the acog to much?

• Yes
    • No

really? i played the game yesterday and their was an ak with a sight? unless that ak is the one that use a smaller round but even then it should be the same as the m4 right?

just asking.

53 minutes ago, MattersEnd said:

Recoil is fine. I don't like the glowing center though, seems fake.

Do you mean the red reticule?

I hate the recoil of all weapons... I have much experience with guns and re acquiring a target after a 2 shot bust from 80m in this game isnt fun... Iron sites suck, anything over 50m you might as well forget it and let the enemy infiltrate your buddys. I wish the guns would act more like BHD on and Joint Ops. Guaranteed the game would be much more fun and popular.

The recoil is about game balance. I may have more control in real life than is represented but I don't think it is excessive for gameplay reasons. 

At least it is visible enough that you know burst fire is only useful in very close situations and for suppression at distance. This is very accurate to real life. 

Just now, RaTzo said:

The recoil is about game balance. I may have more control in real life than is represented but I don't think it is excessive for gameplay reasons. 

At least it is visible enough that you know burst fire is only useful in very close situations and for suppression at distance. This is very accurate to real life. 

You can read this thread, where people with real and game experience explaining, why current system sucks and how it could be improved without balance and gameplay loss.

1 minute ago, ZiGreen said:

You can read this thread, where people with real and game experience explaining, why current system sucks and how it could be improved without balance and gameplay loss.

I'm a vet and I've been playing video games since I had to type them in from Compute! magazine on my VIC-20 so yeah... go troll someone else. 

Just now, RaTzo said:

I'm a vet and I've been playing video games since I had to type them in from Compute! magazine on my VIC-20 so yeah... go troll someone else. 

Uhmmm... Thanks for feedback?

12 minutes ago, MrChaggy said:

Lets insult each other on the internet sounds like a great idea -.-

I do agree with the point you're making. He's been replying to me in multiple threads in like fashion. It gets tiresome. 

V5 ACOG recoil is too high in my opinion. Feels unrealistic and makes this weapon nearly useless atm. Will not be touched in competitive games anymore, pretty sure. 

Would prefer limiting the ACOG role to 1 per squad or 2-3 per team, instead of adding +150% recoil to the class.

Just now, RaTzo said:

I do agree with the point you're making. He's been replying to me in multiple threads in like fashion. It gets tiresome. 

Insults? What fashion?

Just now, ZiGreen said:

Insults? What fashion?

Yeah, he calls you a troll and me a forumtard. But we're the problem. 

Just now, solidus311 said:

Yeah, he calls you a troll and me a forumtard. But we're the problem. 

English is not my native language, maybe he misunderstood me? I replied 2 times, then I welcomed him in thread with my suggestion, now he want to block people? Where is the insulting or trolling in my posts?

Do you mean the red reticule?

No, I mean how the scope is bright and everything else is dark. I get what they were going for, but it's ugly.

16 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

English is not my native language, maybe he misunderstood me? I replied 2 times, then I welcomed him in thread with my suggestion, now he want to block people? Where is the insulting or trolling in my posts?

Just for clarity lol

"you can read this thread, where people with real and game experience explaining, why current system sucks and how it could be improved without balance and gameplay loss. "

It implied he has no real experience or game experience. I don't think you meant to it like that though. 

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

V5 ACOG recoil is too high in my opinion. Feels unrealistic and makes this weapon nearly useless atm. Will not be touched in competitive games anymore, pretty sure. 

Would prefer limiting the ACOG role to 1 per squad or 2-3 per team, instead of adding +150% recoil to the class.

It isn't the gun that is useless.

57 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:
1 hour ago, ZiGreen said:

Your English is fine. I'm sure you write and speak it better than most. I reread the posts and found nothing as well. *shrug* 

55 minutes ago, Irish_rangers said:

Just for clarity lol

"you can read this thread, where people with real and game experience explaining, why current system sucks and how it could be improved without balance and gameplay loss. "

It implied he has no real experience or game experience. I don't think you meant to it like that though. 

After 6 dismissive replies to me in a row that is exactly how I think he meant it. If you check his discussions you can see that he replies to almost every comment trying to just make people agree with him. I get being passionate about an idea, and I'm all for someone sticking to their guns but this is a "discussion" forum.  Also, as for him not having a firm grasp of English, the wall of text and the dozens of forum comments he has made today seems to tell a different story. 

There is little doubt that when someone reading this thread sees me shut him down after only a few comments and this is all they have seen of our interaction that they can easily paint me as the "problem." That's fine. Random internet people not liking me really doesn't impact my life. When I think I'm in a discussion and I'm really just being trolled, that impacts me enough to justify calling someone on it. 

Anyway. The ACOG is fine where it is right now. I'm sure it will be tweaked. 

3 hours ago, RaulO4 said:

really? i played the game yesterday and their was an ak with a sight? unless that ak is the one that use a smaller round but even then it should be the same as the m4 right?

just asking.

Ak-74 is 5.54x39 (bigger AKM has no scope)

M4 is 5.56x45

I dunno, I feel like I'm playing just as good with the acog. I did pretty good with it the other night, granted I was shooting prone. Which is what you should be doing with a scoped weapon, shooting supported. But it does seem to have more recoil than non sighted. Honestly, I'm fine with it until they decide to add more optics to the AK's. Constantly losing engagements against a guy using an acog, while he's standing, was very annoying in V4.

4 hours ago, IKraft said:

Ak-74 is 5.54x39 (bigger AKM has no scope)

M4 is 5.56x45

ok i thought all aks were the same in this game. i guess i didnt read their names.

Edited by RaulO4

I just don't get it, as someone who's fired the M4/AR15 platform before, Even if you lightly hold it without gripping it/holding it steady, it still does not have anywhere near as much recoil as represented in the game.

Realism>Balance 

Gameplay>Realism