David Taylor

Video card

Hello guys !

Im itnerested in what is the best video card for the game. I have this config:

AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-core 3.50GHz Processor

Amd Radeon R7 200 Series Video card

2x4Gb ram.

It seems like my video card is a bullshit for this game. I have hard fps laggs. Maybe in every 10-20 second a smaller. Sometimes bigger. 

SOOOOO which is the better to buy ? ::::  https://www.pcx.hu/termek/asus-r9-380x-4gb-ddr5-strix-r9380x-4g-gaming-videok-rtya-072165

https://www.pcx.hu/termek/gigabyte-gtx970-4gb-ddr5-gv-n970ttoc-4gd-videok-rtya-314954

The AMD is cheaper, but it looks like the same

Welcome to the community David.

The issue you are having with FPS is directly related to AMD processors and is an inherent issue with the Unreal Engine that Squad runs on.

At this moment in time, the dev team are working closely with Unreal to work on a fix for the issue with AMD processors. Unfortunately, there is no time line for this, with no real indication of when we can expect a fix. 

I believe it is an issue with sound aspects of the engine. But I can't confirm this as I am not technically adept.

So in short, the AMD graphics cards are not the issue, but the processors.

4 hours ago, BLITZA said:

So in short, the AMD graphics cards are not the issue, but the processors.

That is actually not entirely true, the r7 200 series is not really powerful enough for the game either and I doubt it would run any new game satisfactory.

Having a amd radeon sapphire 390 nitro myself I would advise against getting one and going intel instead, the power management on the amd drivers is horrible and does not function correctly, a few others of the devs have amd gpu's too and compared to our nvidia brethren they are just not as good (primarily because of drivers).

2 minutes ago, Motherdear said:

That is actually not entirely true, the r7 200 series is not really powerful enough for the game either and I doubt it would run any new game satisfactory.

Having a amd radeon sapphire 390 nitro myself I would advise against getting one and going intel instead, the power management on the amd drivers is horrible and does not function correctly, a few others of the devs have amd gpu's too and compared to our intel brethren they are just not as good (primarily because of drivers).

Note taken. Thanks for the info!

So to update: Both your processor and GPU will give you FPS issues at this time.

It is a combo of that CPU and weak GPU (as well as issues with the engine). AMD CPUs have incredibly weak performance per cores. My 280 performs beautifully in this game on near Epic settings, so it isn't about the brand of GPU you have but the low-entry GPU you went for.

The 380x will give you a massive performance boost but will still  be bottlenecked by your CPU. I say save up and get a new mobo+cpu. You will see an improvement overall that will make  your games sigh in relief, plus you won't have a dead socket anymore. But if you do get the GPU first, I still recommend saving and replacing your CPU with an Intel CPU.

Hi dude. As blitza said, it doesn't matter, its the CPU that is the problem

In fact, I have first hand experience.

Wwhen I was building my rig I ordered a 980ti first just to see how the performance was, on my old AMD rig... albeit the bottlenecks are REAL... you won't gain much dude.

Options:

1. Get the new card and wait for AMD fixes, (who knows how long it will be)
  2. Get new MOBO, intel CPU and new card - Enjoy squad

8 minutes ago, David Taylor said:

Thank u guys !! Okay New CPU New Videocard.. And both of them should be Intel ?

Hm. I have my expirience, where I clocked my CPU (same as yours) to 4.7 Ghz and baught GTX950. I have problem still, but this is not so expensive. You can save 50-60% budget of this upgrade.

Overall, I have 20-50 FPS on different maps. It is playable yet and very often I very usefull player with high frags count.

19 minutes ago, David Taylor said:

1) Get a new mobo which supports your new intel processor

2) Get the GTX 970 as u listed above

3) Make sure your power supply has the necessary pins for those cards

4) Send me 500 [email protected] [email protected]

Thanks

4 hours ago, David Taylor said:

Get an Intel CPU and an Intel compatible mobo. Video card can be either AMD or Nvidia (though if you want the later, Pascal will be out this year).

What is your budget? I could help pick out some parts, if you want. :)

hi i have a MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G and i have no problems but im stuck at 60fps  but im playing at 1280x1224 whith all maxed out 

and i have an 

Intel® Core™ i5-6600K Processor 

and no problems 

Edited by link37

and sorry for piggy bagin your post but would a 

Asus 24" LED VG248QE

be to much for my card 

Ya I'm not sure why your fps is limited at 60. Is there a program for your video card that might have it capped?

What specs are you talking about?

No one has actually answered his question .... what is the best video card for the game?  LoL

980ti or Titan X 

There you go OP!  See ya on the battlefield.