Sign in to follow this  
S0NNy

G3A1 + Optic for Insurgents SL

Well, also the entire game doesn't have to be militia/insurgents trying to get close. If you've seen non conventional forces fighting irl they seem to do a lot of inaccurate fire/blind fire at distances just for fire superiority/suppression so keep in mind when you shoot, it doesn't have to be to hit something. Shooting a high volume is useful for suppression

Edited by Sierra1Golf

22 minutes ago, samogon said:

CQB

Kohat.

CQB

1 hour ago, fatalsushi said:

Reminds me of a time a US squad was shooting at my insurgent squad on Kohat from a hill. Spent 5 minutes going all the way behind them, using a valley as cover, and then having my guys attack them all at once from behind at 20-30 meters. You can imagine the results. Maneuvering and closing the distance is the way to go. Also, you can balance the game by giving insurgents more tickets. If you add scopes every faction will play the sameway and that's boring.

More tickets -> more deaths -> much continious gameplay of target.

Im for factional assymetry and agree - they should play CQB mostly.But they don't have a lot of chances to do this.

Ambushing,well nobody here would roleplay convoys or patrols here,BLUFOR play offencive and expect that.So also loosing this point,they simple don't have any surprise element.

The last thing the militia needs is more optics. They make people think that they can sit on hilltops and fight it out with the US/RU instead of moving in close like they are supposed to.

On 3/24/2016 at 10:06 PM, samogon said:

The problem is - AK74 is rare in Middle East.

Most of them inside post-soviet countries.

he said for militia, not insurgents

38 minutes ago, gunbattle said:

he said for militia, not insurgents

Even if this - mostly used been 7.62mm in post soviet europe,only Belarus and Ukraine have 5.45 AKs.But they was part of USSR.

Most AK clones was 7.62.

Lets just doo analyze of 5.45 clones:

LADA AK/RPK - prototype only.Turned into 5.56 CZ2000 but it also was failed.

Tantal - well,just look at this.Photo is pretty fresh for soviet era camera.Even if so - this camo doesn't been used during USSR era.They appear after.

Polish_Army_Ko%C5%82obrzeg_122.JPG

MPi-K74 - also rare.

Edited by samogon

4 hours ago, samogon said:

Even if this - mostly used been 7.62mm in post soviet europe,only Belarus and Ukraine have 5.45 AKs.But they was part of USSR.

Most AK clones was 7.62.

imo Ukraine's current conflict is what Squad's militia faction is based on more so than not. so again, ak74/rpk74 [with drum mag] variants etc is more than appropriate for militia forces in Squad.

On 23/3/2016 at 8:23 AM, PinguThePenguin said:

In Afghanistan? I would of thought the Taliban had them in stockpiles since the Soviets left a lot behind when they withdrew in the 80s.

The issue stands with the fact Soviets didn't leave that much stock and less than 50K rifles were supplied to the DRA from 89 to 92, while the DRA itself was still argely armed with AKM's. 

As for Muj and later Taliban, Chinese AKM (Type 56-1) and Soviet AKM's were basically the norm. 74's were rarities in comparison to even the Enfields of the early years (80/83).

hmm, i think the "marksman" role for insurgents could maybe get to choose from the SVD and G3 w scope would be good. i dont think SL having a G3 w scope for balance purposes is a good idea . for balance maybe give SL a G3 option, but not a scope, or an AKM with gp25?

5 hours ago, gunbattle said:

imo Ukraine's current conflict is what Squad's militia faction is based on more so than not. so again, ak74/rpk74 [with drum mag] variants etc is more than appropriate for militia forces in Squad.

Don't really like to talk about such pointless conflict,but...

Well basically it's not correct.

1)Both factions should be Militia like.Ukraine army had one of the strongest military after Soviet union been disbanded.Now they're are almost militia like,because of corruption.So,both sides should be militia like.

2)M4 and M249.Probably it's just placeholders,but still,for what?They don't really have anything,except old soviet arsenal and hunting weapons.

3)Militia are generic,just because they fight both against USA and Russia.

Edited by samogon

On 22.3.2016 at 5:35 PM, MultiSquid said:

I'm pretty sure my idea would solve all the future problems like this one.

Just give everyone iron sights only and there won't be any more talking about optics here optics there on the forums :)

Better yet, let's make all factions similar. No more talking about OP factions.

Maps should have a line in the middle and be perfectly symmetrical.

Solved.

Do you get what I'm trying to say here?

i get the idea... and that is pretty much whatt OWI is doing... SVD is nerfed to useless, optics now are nerfed...  you r on the right way buddy... 

Edited by S0NNy

G3a1 for insurgents with less zoom on the scope 

Dragunov with more damage and larger zoom scope for Insurgent snipers.

Done.

Edited by TzeAzzazino

2 hours ago, TzeAzzazino said:

G3a1 for insurgents with less zoom on the scope 

Dragunov with more damage and larger zoom scope for Insurgent snipers.

Done.

Sound like BF/COD balance.Hensoldt z24(G3A3 optic sight) have x4 magnification.Zeiss Diavari DA(G3SG1 sight) - 1.5-6.G3 with optics,well it was rare.

Probably first of mistake of G3A3 and G3A1.

g3a1.jpg

cfb471ee03c4b7390c136508f886fe5c93eaa13f

Edited by samogon

1 minute ago, CMBelite-FR said:

Is the g3a1 also called : FAL?

no FAL is manufactured by FN ... G3 is from H&K ... but they look quite the same i have to agree

26 minutes ago, CMBelite-FR said:

Is the g3a1 also called : FAL?

Well Germans had an FN FALs under G1 designation.

G3A1 is diffirent isn't FAL.Look closer.

G1.

G1_028.JPG

g3a1.jpg

Edited by samogon

On 27/03/2016 at 10:01 AM, gunbattle said:

Sorry gunbattle, quoting system's being a bitch

3 hours ago, S0NNy said:

G3A3 with and without Optics would be great :)

Who should use it with optics? Would there be any point in using the SVD if G3A3s came with their Hensoldts?

And on a side note, isn't the G3A3 still the most ubiquitous variant? It's pretty damn identifiable from the FAL tbh, one's decked out in green, and the other is well, either wood or polymer. Even then:

1. The FAL uses its own flip sights unlike the G3, which uses classic HK diopters, unless the it's a metric FAL, it uses its own classy style.

2. The charging handle of the FAL is in the reciever near the magazine if I'm phrasing it right, while the G3's is along the barrel, and is a paddle that's meant to be pulled back and locked upwards for the HK slap.