BLITZA

Alpha V5 Initial Feedback

with little bit of time i would say i really start to like the grey colored map... idk why but now it looks good... at the first time i had to get used to it but now i like it

2 minutes ago, S0NNy said:

with little bit of time i would say i really start to like the grey colored map... idk why but now it looks good... at the first time i had to get used to it but now i like it

Exactly what happened to me!

Just a quick point further explaining my reasons for putting the bleed back to 1 a second.

I believe the new bleed (for capping the last flag) is now 1 every 10 seconds. This can be easily negated by a team that can kill well. So, if a team caps the enemies last flag, it can send the game back towards the TDM aspect we had in V3. Which infuriated everyone. 

This goes back to the argument that kills matter more than objectives. Now, there hasn't been extensive testing on a large scale. But this is the initial feeling from the first day.

1 hour ago, BLITZA said:

Just a quick point further explaining my reasons for putting the bleed back to 1 a second.

I believe the new bleed (for capping the last flag) is now 1 every 10 seconds. This can be easily negated by a team that can kill well. So, if a team caps the enemies last flag, it can send the game back towards the TDM aspect we had in V3. Which infuriated everyone. 

This goes back to the argument that kills matter more than objectives. Now, there hasn't been extensive testing on a large scale. But this is the initial feeling from the first day.

for my part it would be a good thing if it would be inbetween... 1 priority is the objectrive... but also kills are important.. so i would like to see a variant inbetween these two mentioned

When fooling around in the Training map I noticed that the new darkened scope look for the ACOGs wasn't aligned properly for me.  The dark area started well beyond the physical scope size.  I'll try and upload an image when I get home tonight.

Anyone else notice this?  

I preferred the older style map, too much going on in the new one, just icons glowing and crap everywhere. Massive font on screen is also really off putting, with people connecting, disconnecting and the chat (get a mic), reminds me of BF3-4, far too much going on on screen.

So far I'm just not getting used to the map. I feel the greyscale makes it too hard to see buildings.

My FPS Got lower by 5-10 frames. I thought this update was supposed to improve FPS?

59 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

My FPS Got lower by 5-10 frames. I thought this update was supposed to improve FPS?

FPS rose for some people, fell for others. 

I really don't know why the map was changed. There was nothing wrong with the previous map design and player icons on the map in my eyes. I can't remember people complaining about the maps, so I don't know why the developers have taken time on changing the map. Time wasted in my eyes guys, sorry to be negative, but I can't seem to get on with the new map or player icons. 

There were complaints of people struggling to identify themselves on the map.

At the time I voiced that it comes with practice of map and player coordination. Knowing the areas of the map. It seems that wasn't enough and the devs have decided to try and assist with identifying player location.

This is the beauty of EA. If something hasn't improved the way they thought? The devs can change it

scope darkening needs to fade in/out. currently very jarring, there are several ways to make it flicker in a horrible way

As to the taking the last point Blitza mentions... I was in that game, we flew through the capture points, I think when we got to the last point we still had over 280 tickets...  it took FAR too long to drain the other team, so I agree with him.

I don't care for the blinking medic icons on the map (of bleeding or down people), or the yellow flash around yourself, very distracting.  The rest is fine.

I never had lag before, but it seems to be more common now, not sure why that is. 

And I agree with all the connect/disconnect messages... font is WAY too big.. shouldn't be any bigger than this text. 

It seems regaining stamina while moving is slower and clearly if you take a knee it goes up fast.  Still trying to figure out if it's more efficient to run into the red then walk and regain, or take a knee in terms of which will allow you to move the furthest most quickly. 

Edited by arbopa

22 hours ago, BLITZA said:

We did some testing on OP First Light and Chora 2, and the bleeding of tickets wasn't  consistent for us. We'd lose a ticket, then 8 seconds later we'd lose another, then 20 seconds, then 18 and then 12, but it wouldn't always be in that pattern. At one point we should have been bleeding but we weren't, about 50 seconds past and then we randomly lost 2 and thus the circle started again.

Also on OP First Light when losing a flag we'd lose 16 and the enemy gain 8, but on Chora you'd lose 20 and gain 10. I thought all the AAS maps had the same loss/gain ratio?

39 minutes ago, RascaL said:

We did some testing on OP First Light and Chora 2, and the bleeding of tickets wasn't  consistent for us. We'd lose a ticket, then 8 seconds later we'd lose another, then 20 seconds, then 18 and then 12, but it wouldn't always be in that pattern. At one point we should have been bleeding but we weren't, about 50 seconds past and then we randomly lost 2 and thus the circle started again.

Also on OP First Light when losing a flag we'd lose 16 and the enemy gain 8, but on Chora you'd lose 20 and gain 10. I thought all the AAS maps had the same loss/gain ratio?

That bleed pattern is very strange!

As for diff maps giving different tickets back - I think this may be a new feature which is specific for different maps. Don't quote me on that though, could be wrong.

Good post Blitz.

I too think the medic system has gone a bit too far.  I remember discussions on the forum about people wanting markers etc and thought why?  A grid reference to get you in the area and then the icons on the hud kick in and voila!!  So I was extremely disappointed to see such things creep in which is sort of making it a bit more like A. N Other game.  Squad is good, it was different, further on down the road it may merge into the same game as so many others seem to be.

I like hardcore, I don't need icons as we have now as I communicate with my squad and squad leaders as I am sure may others do.

Anyhow, its still good but what next?

15 hours ago, litrax said:

The Servers always crashes...

I'm finding this a lot more now as well. Put me off playing yesterday. Got Server has closed connection 3 times over the space of an hour yesterday (3 different servers as well)

Edited by chickenripper

2 hours ago, chickenripper said:

I'm finding this a lot more now as well. Put me off playing yesterday. Got Server has closed connection 3 times over the space of an hour yesterday (3 different servers as well)

ah, that's what happening...  yeah, about 1 out of every 3 games for me, server crashes now. 

i think the new map markers are too big and to colorful. the dark map is a little to dark i think.

game crasht - after go back in the game from the graphic settings with my friends also.

trees in the last line are invesible when you look around

Only two issues that are really bugging me right now:

1 - Server crashes have definitely gone up since the patch.

2 - Orienting myself utilizing the map is much more difficult now when near teammates, especially SL's as the SL icon gets drawn on top of the player icon. I would definitely prefer to have my player icon always be top most layer.

Can someone make a video of 5 downed squad mates laying on the ground next to each other and everyone yelling medic like little puppys :D

just registered so bear with me :P

all in all i really like v5.

the UI tweaks mostly are fine with me, except the new player icons. i only played about 5hrs with them but previously i never had the issue that i had to zoom in to find out where the hell i am facing (i only have 60hrs total so i kinda have to use the map to not get lost/see where i have to face). as for the medic icons i actually like to "abuse" them to see if some squad(s) are getting rekt or not. it somewhat compensates for local and remote SL's that simply wont or cant talk (mostly playing on EU servers so language can be an issue). imho they dont influence your actual intra sqaud play as the compass markers still are there.

besides that it appears that my occasional all-sound-gone issue is gone now :) havent notice any new major issues yet (the sound bug was by far the worst for me).

keep up the good work! up to now this pretty much is the first early access game i didnt regret to buy.