BabylonCome

Reserve Slot - Change Request

I am a paying supporter/donator in our clan. The contribution money the clan get goes to pay the rent for the clan servers.
Clan members used to get access to even full servers but now we stand in line with everybody else.

How are we supposed to get playtime on our popular server without some kind of priority access?
As of right now I do not know what I am paying for exactly but I can say it does not feel right.

Can I ask how the reserved slots should work...

For example if you have a 64man server with 2 reserve slots, you have 62 public in game then 2 admins join taking the reserve slots. So you are now full at 64man. A public member leaves so the server is now at 63man does this a) free up a public slot or b)free up a reserve slot?

To me it would make sense that the reserve slots are available first and foremost so Joe Bloggs can't jump in the server before an admin, currently without the little work around from the devs this doesn't seem to be the case.

ADG

To follow up we will not be changing it back so that admins can join full servers. We have a temp fix for 5.0 and a fix so that it uses the reserve permission in 5.1. The way reserved slots work is if you have a 72 player server with 1 reserved slot your server will show up as 71/71(1). An admin with the 'reserve' permission can join on that slot. making it 72/71 (0). As soon as someone disconnects the reserve slot admin that is in game drops down to a public slot allowing the reserved slot to be freed and joinable by another admin.

Like it was previously mentioned the existing behavior was a bug that we needed to fix. I feel like we are going in circles here so I will be locking this topic since we have a fix. If you currently do not see a number (1) next to your server count in the browser you need to speak with your server administrator to setup reserved slots.