Fillbiker

0.5 restarts my pc

I have crashes with this version. No issues with 0.4 :( When some close explosion or smoke my pc restarts. 

i3770k, 16 GB, GTX 980 ti, Win 7 

Are you getting blue screens?  BSOD??  If so write down the error code you see.  it may look like this. 0x00000009c or something...

if so post it here and i'll help you troubleshoot.

Edited by digdug

yes, there are squad crash logs.

They will be in the %appdata% local folder

pay attention to the username I listed in the folder link

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Logs

Have you installed any new hardware recently? RAM/Video Card

Are you running any overclocks?

Im firing blind here but If your pc is restarting it could be a safety override caused by cpu or mobo overheating.  Loose connections or your power supply unit isn't delivering the watts needed.

If you haven't done so in a while it's a good idea to get some compressed air and clean your pc components.  Careful not to hold the aerosol can upside down as it can spray residue and not air..

Edited by digdug

if it were a hardware issue you'd likely see a blue screen with an error message though

There may be some conflict between your existing audio drivers aswell.  The new update did some work with some of the Audio work and it may be referencing some conflicting registry entries.  Try uninstalling the game, then deleting your squad folder in %appdata% local directory.  This will make you reset your keybinds and graphics settings after re installing the game but it's an alternative that should take less than an hour [depending on your download speeds].  Whatever you do, don't just resort to reinstalling windows before you exhaust easier options first.

thx for your advices. No new HW installed. Other games like Arma 3, DCS World are ok. But BF4 crashes on some big explosions also, it was crashing before. Squad never crashed before this update. 

About audio, I will try it, I have onboard sound as default and Creative Audigy as second card, I will try to disable it.

1 hour ago, Fillbiker said:

thx for your advices. No new HW installed. Other games like Arma 3, DCS World are ok. But BF4 crashes on some big explosions also, it was crashing before. Squad never crashed before this update. 

About audio, I will try it, I have onboard sound as default and Creative Audigy as second card, I will try to disable it.

OOO.. might be onto something with the audio here..

If you know how to navigate your bios you should definitely try disabling your on board sound card. or for that matter disable the second card instead.  Point being, use one or the other.  They could be conflicting.

51 minutes ago, Fillbiker said:

found the log, it is pretty long to post here. What part could tell you something about my issue?

goto the bug report forum and submit a report 

an example being:

build number: alpha v5

issues summary: pc crash due to possible audio or particle effects.  ie: smoke grenade or explosion sound effects.

severity: your choice, ie gamebreaking

etc..

57 minutes ago, Fillbiker said:

I will do what you posted above...thx

you can copy and paste the log and pm it to me or upload it to an uploading site.

google uploading sites

post the link here and ill take a look at it personally.

That's probably what the dev will ask you to do anyway, so get a jumpstart and ill take a look in the meantime

Edited by digdug

I sent a log to digdugs PM. Anyway, It will not be a sound card issue, I removed the additional card from MB completely and still crashes. Always when big close explosions.