Sign in to follow this  
Suade

Any modders plan for third person mod?

I know third person isn't huge on PC shooters but I know a lot of guys that love third person cam.

Some really awesome (and different) games have this like Arma, Insurgency, Socom, etc.

Was curious if any modders had any plans for something like this.

To keep it fair there could be a third person only server. I know I'd buy one for some time.

In before anyone gets up in arms OP's talking about a mod and not a core feature of the game.

If the character system is set up like I *think* it's set up it would most likely be a 5 minute mod. But to be honest you'd have to make that "3rd person mod" be on their own custom servers since on standard servers that is a huuuge advantage over first person (looking over walls, bigger FOV etc), so I think it would be a real niche mod. (Someone would even need to make a server for that then ^^)

Just how would you be able to see where you are shooting? With out cross hairs it will be hell.

2 minutes ago, wetblue13 said:

Just how would you be able to see where you are shooting? With out cross hairs it will be hell.

that would be part of the mod as well, like SOCOM insurgency, add Socom-like yellow crosshairs.
It would be a tough sell because the way the maps are now, 3rd person shooting over distances of like 300 meters would almost be harder then in 3rd person.
The mod would have to include some CQC socom like maps.

14 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

that would be part of the mod as well, like SOCOM insurgency, add Socom-like yellow crosshairs.
It would be a tough sell because the way the maps are now, 3rd person shooting over distances of like 300 meters would almost be harder then in 3rd person.
The mod would have to include some CQC socom like maps.

True, but then people would want vehicles ect. It would be hard, I dont think any one really wants to go through the trouble to make it. When you have motivation, anything is possible. A dev did a video of it with a M249 saw which was interesting.

Edited by wetblue13
Worded wrong

It would be probably done like zooming back in to 1P if you ADS, and then zoom out 3P.

Zoomspeed depends on the Mod-Dev.

Just the movement-phase would be 3P as long you arent in ADS.

I've never personally felt the need to look at my character's backside while playing a shooter. I much prefer first-person.

But that's the great thing about modding. Different strokes for different folks.

If I was playing a wolf or dog or lion then 3rd person prob be nescessary, because can you imagine your first person view from way down close to the ground where thosr animal eyes are?  Yeah I know we do not play as animals, but modders do strange things...:)

14 hours ago, Melbo said:

Get out.

Now now, be nice. You're support after all ;)

Edited by wetblue13

6 hours ago, wetblue13 said:

Now now, be nice. You're support after all ;)

Never! 3rd person absolutely ruins any sort of competitive PvP game.

3 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Never! 3rd person absolutely ruins any sort of competitive PvP game.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it will get the hose again.