trotskygrad

Ideal system for picking things up from the ground.

I would like to be able to use any weapon nearby and would be happy if this was restricted somehow.

Taking out a US squad with 3 optics and not being able to use the guns to shoot their buddies far away is so sad. Killing that sneaky sniper and not being able to use his gun to shoot his squad is a big disappointment. 

The example of an RPG sitting on the ground useless when a vehicle is nearby is also very sad for both gaming and realism.

Let us have pickups, impose and test limitations, make it a server setting. 

I can see a squad of guys sitting on a hill camping a FOB at range all using DMR kits and lmgs with optics.....

If you could limit it to ammo, bandages and only one kit pick up per squad, I'd be ok with it. For example, Grenadier goes dead dead, one guy picks up his kit and only has what ammo remained. Grenadier makes it back to the squad, dies again. If there's still his original kit in someones hands, no one can pick it up again, or pick up another. This would allow you to grab that RPG and be a hero when the hummer rounds the corner, but would keep the loadouts from changing dramatically.

No picking up enemy kits unless you are an insurgent or militia. That could add an interesting twist.

If it's going to happen I think that conventional should only be allowed to scavenge off teammates however un-conventional should be able to grab whatever they want.

Whether the conventional can only scavenge ammo or actually grab the gun I'm not sure.

Maybe a different/longer reload for unfamiliar weapons (Insurgent picks up M4).

I would also like to see the ability to share ammunition between friendlies, say you are out of ammo for your AK74 (as a Russian) and your buddy has some spare so he passes you a magazine or two until you can access a FOB or another form of resupply point.

How about every player gets three slots in their inventory reserved for enemy captured equipment only?

So you see enemy rifle, ammo, knife on ground by dead enemy and med bag, bazooka, and bazooka ammo; which of those six items do you add to your three slot max capability to hold?  Its your choice and you can get ammo for your enemy captured equipment any time you find it or where, even enemy captured caches.  You can drop and exchange any time, you got only thee slots, heavy weapons give stamina hit and maybe time to use hit.  You could find enemy sniper rifle and keep it and reload it as long as you can find and scavenge ammo for it, same for any captured equipment.  Its yours once captured until you die and someone else grabs it for their three slot limit of enemy equip...

51 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

How about every player gets three slots in their inventory reserved for enemy captured equipment only?

So you see enemy rifle, ammo, knife on ground by dead enemy and med bag, bazooka, and bazooka ammo; which of those six items do you add to your three slot max capability to hold?  Its your choice and you can get ammo for your enemy captured equipment any time you find it or where, even enemy captured caches.  You can drop and exchange any time, you got only thee slots, heavy weapons give stamina hit and maybe time to use hit.  You could find enemy sniper rifle and keep it and reload it as long as you can find and scavenge ammo for it, same for any captured equipment.  Its yours once captured until you die and someone else grabs it for their three slot limit of enemy equip...

that sounds terrible in implication for both gameplay and realism...

Sounds like reality or anything close to it in a game world would be desirable to non reality in a game world wouldnt you say?

Trotskygrad.  Isnt that realism to be able to use and keep captured enemy equipment?

On 3/24/2016 at 11:53 AM, XRobinson said:

I like this idea, sorry just saw it`s an old post, even now more so with this new ammo thingy where your ammo is not replenished on re-spawn.

Edited by ~ IceNinja ~

On 29/03/2016 at 4:53 AM, XRobinson said:

Sounds like reality or anything close to it in a game world would be desirable to non reality in a game world wouldnt you say?

Trotskygrad.  Isnt that realism to be able to use and keep captured enemy equipment?

balance I would say may be an issue .. if you have two RPGs and another picked up by another member... depends on whether it continues to supply from your factions supply crates or not.

persistent ammo changes a lot of this, very old, argument

On 06/12/2018 at 1:31 PM, suds said:

persistent ammo changes a lot of this, very old, argument

all depends whether the weapon is loaded or not if it was a thing, I assume they would not go down the pubg route where dropping a weapon inexplicably unloads a mag...

Edited by embecmom

ideally it has the same as when it was dropped. players picking stuff up off the ground are desperate they should take what they are given.