Jump to content
Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 5

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Spectral said:

Game notifications have been improved and should now primarily show for admins, to help them manage their server and to keep ui bloat to a minimum.

Thanks for that !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Momran said:

I have a huge difference between the size of the texts. For exemple : a low size text for a player who connect on the server and a player who speak and because i use a old monitor, my resolution suck and i can't see correctly the text. On the old version, no problem with this : same size for all texts on the screen.

My screen : VK193D since 2k9. Need to change it... I think... Lol

Interesting man

 

Besides. Awesome Patch Squad Devs. Keep up the great work! Cannot wait for Emplacements (Ex. Mortars, MG Turrent Nest, AA Stinger, TOW Missiel etc etc), and Humvees. Loving infantry play style but sometimes it feels like running sim. But community makes up for it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

0 AMD performance fixes.

Yes it must all be one big conspiracy, right?

 

---

DEVs are still working on it: "There is a good chance that some of the fixes in UE 4.11 fix our perf issues. We haven't tested it yet (as 4.11 is not out). When we know, you guys will know... we want this fixed as bad as you guys."
https://trello.com/b/gHooNW9I/ue4-roadmap

https://np.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/4cb5q3/alpha_51_patch_released/d1gncbm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am really confused why there is a server license system going live as it is not possible to even join via the steam browser or join a friend on a server!

 

why do we need such system? its breaking the community! i do have rent a server - as i am a lone-wolf-admin i see no chance to get the license for communities (or is there any?). do i have to cancel my server now - as i see it beeing empty a lot from now on!?

 

i am really unhappy with the way we are going at the moment! -.-

Edited by 8mmMauser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0 AMD performance fixes.

Please, please , please stop this. In EVERY thread you are posting, you are just whining about the AMD issues. We all know about it and i'm sure they are working hard on it. There is NO reason to repeat it every time. Please, take a pause, play another game and come back in 6 months.

Thanks devs for the good work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 8mmMauser said:

i am really confused why there is a server license system going live as it is not possible to even join via the steam browser or join a friend on a server!

 

why do we need such system? its breaking the community! i do have rent a server - as i am a lone-wolf-admin i see no chance to get the license for communities (or is there any?). do i have to cancel my server now - as i see it beeing empty a lot from now on!?

 

i am really unhappy with the way we are going at the moment! -.-

A Server License is an endorsement from OWI to distinguish servers that adhere to their strict guidelines. These servers will be prioritised in the server list to ensure that new players and those seeking the full Squad experience are guaranteed that they will receive a high standard of play. That doesn't mean all the other servers will die out because those servers i know of already possessing licenses are packed out very frequently and so won't accommodate all nor everyone's tastes many people like smaller player counts certain map rotation/game modes and or weapon restrictions. But If you feel your server meets the criteria you can always apply for a license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been keeping up with things on the forums lately so I may be repeating a question and am no way complaining...just curious as to the status.

Is there anything in the pipeline for the medic bug when revived sometimes you have to press escape to be able to use any items (ie. weapons)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Please set your Vram setting to whatever the most accurate is for your card. That will always work best. 

Do not expect to get performance back by setting it to 1gig vram if you have a 2 gig or more card.. it will actually perform worse. 

 

If you have a 1 gig vram card you will now work with 1/4 res textures but the game will fit comfortably in an 800meg vram pool. You should experience far less texture swapping and degradation.

 

How about with a 1.5 GB card ? By setting 1 GB I get blurr textures, and 2 GB is over my real amount :s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

0 AMD performance fixes.

Since my last radeaon (HD 4890), I've switched to nvidia, and all my problems have gone :o

Just an idea, maybe an expensive one i guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutly nothing has been done about the horrible aiming, i am skipping this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hervai said:

Since my last radeaon (HD 4890), I've switched to nvidia, and all my problems have gone :o

Just an idea, maybe an expensive one i guess.

The GPU´s are not the big problem but the CPU´s are. (For Squad)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

V5.1's Chora AAS 1 is now unplayable with less than 72 players... for best gameplay experience you need 100 people or/with vehicles... played yesterday on a 60 slot server and walked around for 10 mins not seeing 1 enemy :/ ... but nice changes i like it (except the FPS-drop when you are on higher altitude)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, S0NNy said:

V5.1's Chora AAS 1 is now unplayable with less than 72 players... for best gameplay experience you need 100 people or/with vehicles... played yesterday on a 60 slot server and walked around for 10 mins not seeing 1 enemy :/ ... but nice changes i like it (except the FPS-drop when you are on higher altitude)

Not seeing an enemy for 10 minutes is totally normal in this game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Falc said:

Absolutly nothing has been done about the horrible aiming, i am skipping this one

That will be fixed in 5.2.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see another update, no matter the size. Good job with Chora btw, the new props add much more detail and it feels more alive. The new Riverside compound looks pretty sweet. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koschilein said:

Not seeing an enemy for 10 minutes is totally normal in this game...

not like this, believe me... Chora 1 is the biggest map atm out there and 60 ppl are way to less to get the game experience the dev's want it to be... you need at least 72... for good expierence even 100 ppl + vehicles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoyAwesome said:

That will be fixed in 5.2.  

What is wrong with aiming anyway? :s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×