Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 5

Ho4Om2E.png?1

Hi Squaddies,

Heads up, a new version is inbound: Version 5.1! We’re back from hunting those pesky chocolate rabbits, and we bring some additional stability to Squad, in the form of client and server crashes, gameplay improvements, and revised UI elements.

Before we begin on the goodies we want to extend our thanks to all the people in the community, who have helped us fix some of these issues through sending us server logs, pictures of bugs, and improvement ideas, your help has been greatly appreciated.

Changelog

Crash Fixes

• Fixed rare client side crash when a player joined a squad before they should be able to.

• Fix for the server crashing in certain rare conditions where a damage giver could not be identified.

Systems

• Added the ability to stand up from prone when using jump key.

• Removed post process effect on scopes for now. Will be updated when we find a better implementation (5.0 implementation was not always matching with animations and fov).

• Tweaked settings increasing mip bias for lower settings, and increasing upper end texture pool size for higher settings.

• Fixed squad leaders being able to destroy fobs, as long as they kept holding down the use key, after they exited the interaction area.

• Game notifications have been improved and should now primarily show for admins, to help them manage their server and to keep ui bloat to a minimum.

UI

• Font sizes in the hud has been tweaked to fit with the intended sizes again.

• Fixed the character limit for player names (Limit is now Steam default of 32).

• Added new directional cone to player’s icon in the minimap.

• Fixed icon z order so that the player’s icon is rendering above all other players.

• Medics and Squad Leaders will render on top of other player except for the player’s own icon.

• Fixed z ordering of ammo crates, they now draw on top of all players

• Changed blinking speed of bleeding and incap icons from 1 Hz to 0.33 Hz

• Turned off the pulse from the player’s icon.

• All kits now show up correctly on the squads list, matching your own squad's rolelist.

Maps

• Updated Chora

• Expanded the playable area of the map

• Expanded chora AAS v1 flag layout to include more of new playable area

• Detail pass around the map.

Admin

• Fixed permanent bans not always sticking correctly.

• Updated permission settings, fixing reserved slots not working.

Finally we want to put out a request to help us track down an annoying mass disconnect bug that we are getting intermittent reports on. If you are a server owner we request that you turn on verbose logging, and when any mass disconnects happen to please send us your logs as well as the exact time of the incident, to help us track down the root cause.

Simply add the following to your Engine.ini file

[Core.Log]

LogOnline=VeryVerbose

Offworld Out.

14 minutes ago, Spectral said:

• Added new directional cone to player’s icon in the minimap.

hbDcYsZ.gif

Anything regarding admins not having reserve slot status on servers coming down the pike?

*Edit* - Dumb question by me. This is why my dad used to smack me and tell me: "RTFM - TWICE!" when I was a kid. 

So if anyone ever asks the DEV team never updates this game............j/k this post should reflect that the DEV team is serious about the title especially if they fix things after an update was released. +1 for fixing and resolving issues that many of us don't have and were known to exist.........Now have we figured out where the invisible player is because glitch shooting thru walls needs to be fixed next and if they are glitching the wall in game what is the point of E.A.C......Seeing thru the other side and being able to shoot thru walls needs to be addressed just like the grenade spam launchers that plagued the game a month into the start of the title release on Steam.........

Edited by 1stLtREAPER

13 minutes ago, Bunions said:

Anything regarding admins not having reserve slot status on servers coming down the pike?

Please reread the changelog

I love to see the devs really working on the game and show interest.

Keep up the good work cheers!

Play a game on version 5, then go to the head to drop off a pay load, come back and squad is updated. GG devs. 

Anything regarding the few textures bugs some people have been experiencing e.g. blurry textures. The solution is to increase VRAM, but sometimes that doesn't work for me.

"Tweaked settings increasing mip bias for lower settings" This would mean more blurry textures correct? The more positive the more blurry is how I understand it.

9 minutes ago, SpamazoR said:

Anything regarding the few textures bugs some people have been experiencing e.g. blurry textures. The solution is to increase VRAM, but sometimes that doesn't work for me.

"Tweaked settings increasing mip bias for lower settings" This would mean more blurry textures correct? The more positive the more blurry is how I understand it.

Please set your Vram setting to whatever the most accurate is for your card. That will always work best. 

Do not expect to get performance back by setting it to 1gig vram if you have a 2 gig or more card.. it will actually perform worse. 

If you have a 1 gig vram card you will now work with 1/4 res textures but the game will fit comfortably in an 800meg vram pool. You should experience far less texture swapping and degradation.

1 minute ago, Romagnolo said:

V6 hype now. 

5.2, 5.3 ,5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9...

30 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Please set your Vram setting to whatever the most accurate is for your card. That will always work best. 

Do not expect to get performance back by setting it to 1gig vram if you have a 2 gig or more card.. it will actually perform worse. 

If you have a 1 gig vram card you will now work with 1/4 res textures but the game will fit comfortably in an 800meg vram pool. You should experience far less texture swapping and degradation.

Thanks for this, was getting all sorts of texture issues! :)

In my case I had it set to 2GB's (Which is my cards VRAM) but got bad textures, which was solved by setting it to 3GB's.

Edited by SpamazoR
Extra info

i feel (or wish) some more fps! nice 5.1!  BUT 1 thing for 6.0: Plz make bion/shovel toggable by middle mouse like all weapons toggel^^

57 minutes ago, Motherdear said:

Please reread the changelog

Yep I realized shortly afterwards... thanks for the response tho! 

Oh and the fix <3

57 minutes ago, SpamazoR said:

Thanks for this, was getting all sorts of texture issues! :)

In my case I had it set to 2GB's (Which is my cards VRAM) but got bad textures, which was solved by setting it to 3GB's.

You will work fine on both now. but go with what works just dont set it lower!

1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Thanks devs for the low screen resolution... :\

•  

What are you referrring to momran?

I have a huge difference between the size of the texts. For exemple : a low size text for a player who connect on the server and a player who speak and because i use a old monitor, my resolution suck and i can't see correctly the text. On the old version, no problem with this : same size for all texts on the screen.

My screen : VK193D since 2k9. Need to change it... I think... Lol

Edited by Momran